Random Shenmue III Thoughts

The plan, even as far back as 2015 I believe, was to not need crowdfunding for future games beyond Shenmue III.

Not that they're expecting a smash hit or anything, but getting the series and Ys Net self-sufficient was always a long term goal.

I hope so too but that would also mean that Deep Silver or Sega or Shibuya Prod or Epic or all of them
have to compensate the money which would be missing next time. A 6 Mil dollar budget bonus for a AA game
is not something where every publisher would say "yeah sure, no problem". And thats just to make KS unnecessary.
Then they still have to give money on top of that, to bring it to the same quality level as it is now.
Maybe a bit less if they can re use a lot of stuff, maybe more if Shenmue 4 needs to be bigger in some ways.
I dont know how much profit S3 has to make, to convince the companies to go all in.

You love physics, trust me, play Botw instead. The minimal physics, and lacking meaningful content in Death Stranding ingeneral will leave you feeling ripped off.
If it had any meaningful content at all, they would've shown something by now. Their so called gameplay trailer/footage, was downright trash.
If you arent interested in what they showed thats fine, but calling it trash and acting like its some objective fact that you can garner how the overall game is entirely inferior to something it's not even remotely close to is just pompous and misguided. Also its working off of some bizzare logic that I can only play one or haven't already played said 2 year old game

But this is the "Redux" version so I assumed it had been remastered? If so, they could have easily fixed the ESES? Eh, I guess I don't know enough about western games.

Oh well, one point still stands though, as there are tons of people claiming S3 is looking like an early PS3 game... After playing this which was a mid-PS3 game remastered, all I can say is... NOPE.
Redux actually pretty infamously downgraded the game a bit from its original pc release, not by a major way but the textures were lower res and some shadows and particle effects were wonkier than they were. Redux was more made for consoles than it was actually for improving the game.

Though again comparing shenmue 3 to a 10 year old game probably isnt doing it any favors, like yeah no shit its probably gonna look alot better, it'd speak more to compare it to an actually modern game like metro exodus which actually is pretty low budget too.

Last edited:
If you arent interested in what they showed thats fine, but calling it trash and acting like its some objective fact that you can garner how the overall game is entirely inferior to something it's not even remotely close to is just pompous and misguided. Also its working off of some bizzare logic that I can only play one or haven't already played said 2 year old game

Redux actually pretty infamously downgraded the game a bit from its original pc release, not by a major way but the textures were lower res and some shadows and particle effects were wonkier than they were. Redux was more made for consoles than it was actually for improving the game.

Though again comparing shenmue 3 to a 10 year old game probably isnt doing it any favors, like yeah no shit its probably gonna look alot better, it'd speak more to compare it to an actually modern game like metro exodus which actually is pretty low budget too.

It is objective though. Package delivery sim is not appealing to anyone. Also what's the point in showing you can arrange your backpack around, if you don't show off how you'll be getting items, and what they can do. Also man that whole reveal was so cringy, acting like this hasn't been done before. I know atleast a dozen have that require you to be careful in how you arrange your inventory, in the exact same way.

Speaking of which, we haven't even seen a city/settlement yet, just reeve's shelter. There's has been literally no meaning gameplay content of any kind shown.

Last edited:
All I know is I'm going to buy every piece of Shenmue 3 DLC two times over just so I can support YS Net. I know Deep Silver will love suckers like me doing that but at the end of the day I'll show support for both PS4 and PC versions and show there's interest as much as I can.

They can release a fucking Ryo skin with just no band-aid on his face and I'll still pay 3.99 for it.

It is objective though. Package delivery sim is not appealing to anyone.
You might be shocked to hear this but, your views don't reflect the overall populous, you might even be the minority on it.

There's nothing wrong with unpopular opinions, we all got em, there is however nothing but wrong when you go about expressing it as holier than thou fact. Just say you don't have an interest in the game and move on and then order people around that are to conform to your interest based on some ironically objectively wrong objectivity.

I feel like Shenmue 4 has to be announced quickly. We waited 18 years for Shenmue 3. No time to waste. If 3 sells as well as the publisher should hope, there’s no point in being mysterious or vague and making the fans wait months or a year to to find out if there’s going to be another sequel.

Last edited:
Suzuki is getting old, too, and Shenmue can't be made by anyone else. Shenmue IV and V needs to get announced and released before Suzuki retires.

You might be shocked to hear this but, your views don't reflect the overall populous, you might even be the minority on it.

There's nothing wrong with unpopular opinions, we all got em, there is however nothing but wrong when you go about expressing it as holier than thou fact. Just say you don't have an interest in the game and move on and then order people around that are to conform to your interest based on some ironically objectively wrong objectivity.

You wouldn't think that if you looked up what people thought every single time there's a DS presentations. People feel worse, and worse every time anything about DS shown. People have not been becoming more confident about it at all.

I feel like Shenmue 4 has to be announced quickly. We waited 18 years for Shenmue 3. No time to waste. If it 3 as well as the publisher should hope, there’s no point in being mysterious or vague and making the fans wait months or a year to to find out if there’s going to be another sequel.

I imagine Shenmue 4 will be announced pretty fast, I suspect it will be announced within 6 months(probally in 3 months) after Shenmue 3 launches.

Last edited:
You wouldn't think that if you looked up what people thought every single time there's a DS presentations. People feel worse, and worse every time anything about DS shown. People have not been becoming more confident about it at all.
Then you are greatly underestimating how many of them there actually are especially if you think its suddenly EVERYONE.

Death Stranding is not going to be delayed. And I do not consider it as thread to Shenmue at all. Death Stranding is just too weird for that. The game is only a thing for Die hard Koijma , Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen fanboys. For average Gamers the Appeal of the game is rather limited. Shenmue 3 is way more Video gameish than DS.

I mean seriously what is left from DS when you remove Kojima, and the Hollywood Boys from the equation? Not much to be really intrigued about.

Shenmue 3 on the ot her Hand Looks like a unsual Video game that you either like or not. DS instead is impossible to judge.

Last edited:
All that Shenmue 3 has to do sales wise is to break even for us to have shenmue 4.
But hoping it will go way beyond that.
Specially with the dlc money all of us here crazy dudes buying multiple copies haha
We will be fine dudes. Believe!!! The worst is past us already. The best is to come!!

Back