Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Yeah - word of caution about getting too excited and shouting this from the rooftops. We don't want this spread too widely at the moment.

Joel from Ys Net provided @spud1897 with additional comments that this was very much an unofficial confirmation. We should respect that for now in case they plan to mention it formally in the near future.
Ehhh... I may have mentioned the going gold thing slightly (:sneaky:) on the Kickstarter, but that place has died down a lot since the refunds, and all seems well.

dudes, I am feeling so happy right now.

The demo reassured to most of us that this will be the game we allways wanted.
The game has gone gold (probably) and we have only one month and one week to go.

Who is feeling this way to? I know I am.

It's the waiting that's going to kill me now. I'm already starting to feel it.

Just saying out loud that Shenmue 3 is 30 something days from release is a surreal feeling. Honestly the closer it gets, the more I get butterflies in my stomach as weird as that sounds.

The information drought period felt significantly easier than these last few months have, despite fairly regularly being inundated with news and media.

"Out of sight, out of mind" honestly rings quite true in this situation. Time went faster when it wasn't so vividly on my mind.

haha dude. I can understand where you're coming from. I feel that way sometimes as well.
Even tho, most of the time I manage to anticipate things with ease and positive vibes.
It's like a delicious dish that's cooking right in front of us!
If we can't stop looking, it takes forever to cook.
As soon as we forget about it, it will be ready! ?

(I'm sorry for my english, sometimes Its a bit hard to express what I really want to say cause English is not my native language. I do my best tho.)

Haha, it's okay. I get what you mean! A watched pot never boils.

At the same time, I didn't realise we were now under the 40 day mark before release. Maybe it's just today that's dragging on, and on, and on...

I haven't touched the backer trial in at least a week, so maybe I need a little dose. A teeny little Shenmue III fix to get the antsy feeling out of my system for a little while longer.

I expect they'll tie in the Gold announcement with saying they'll be at Paris Games Week, which is the last major gaming event occurring prior to the launch of the game. I fully expect it to make a true appearance there.

No WIP, full game available to play(maybe condensed), full trailer, etc.

Even if the game isn't as good as we want (tho I think it will be even better)
I will still be happy.
This whole jurney of ups and downs has been incredible by itself.
The game will be like the the icing on the cake for me.

As Mahatma Gandhi used to say, "happiness is the journey, not the destination" ^^

The sheer fact we're even getting this game is utterly ridiculous, much more so that it is nearly fully fleshed out(only 2 or 3 things didnt make it in *that we know of*).

This series was dead. The platform it originated on was dead for over a decade. SEGA refused to significantly acknowledge it for years on end, ignoring any and all pleas and turning a blind eye to their fan polls.

This forum was a ghost town until every E3(and I lurked for years before joining. Shenmue III, by all intents and purposes, should not exist. But here we are a little over a month away.

oh yes man. It is ridiculous.
We used to milk dry every single smal and meaningless bit of new info we would get in the Shenmue 500k facebook group where I was a mod for some time. 2013, 2014 ans 15 were awesome years over there.
I remember the green layout of the shenmue dojo.
I was never registered but i browsed the forums sometimes. 2004 and above I think, arround that time.
I was happy and surprised to discover there was an online comunity dedicated to this game.

But yes. Shenmue really felt "dead" as sega refused to even mention it.

Even if the game isn't as good as we want (tho I think it will be even better)
I will still be happy.
This whole jurney of ups and downs has been incredible by itself.
The game will be like the the icing on the cake for me.

As Mahatma Gandhi used to say, "happiness is the journey, not the destination" ^^
this might sound pathetically fanboyish of me, but the fact it exists is enough to satisfy me and my 18 years of waiting. I’ll be critical for sure, but I doubt I will be disappointed by a game I thought would NEVER exist.

Yeah, I cannot speak highly enough to the experience the backer trial gave me.

Nostalgia and being grateful Shenmue III exists affords it a base level of appreciation, but these feelings are fleeting if the game isn't good enough to back it up - but it is. To me it's been a captivating reminder of why I love these games and this series, and the more I played the trial; the more these feelings grew. And it's just the tip of the iceberg, it really, really is.

I think Yu Suzuki called Shenmue a "soothing balm for the soul" in an interview recently, and as ever he has the perfect abstract language to describe the feeling this game gives me. There's a strange, pure happiness that I can't accurately put into words, but I know that I only get it with Shenmue.

Back