Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Do I need to, Sony downright encourages this nonsense. Just like they're pushing this stupid 4k BS now, this is what Sony does. Sony cares more about using their so called game consoles, to push their tech from the electronics division, and TVs, then just creating a game console for gaming.

It's no secret.
Isn't that just smart business. 100m ps4 sales. Potential customers for other tech. Makes sense to me.

The day 1 patch practice is annoying but it's the norm and been going down on PC for years too. I dont like it but it is what it is.

Isn't that just smart business. 100m ps4 sales. Potential customers for other tech. Makes sense to me.

The day 1 patch practice is annoying but it's the norm and been going down on PC for years too. I dont like it but it is what it is.

Sure in a short term kind of way, but It's not how you improve the gaming industry, It's how you weaken it.

4K is now bullshit? As someone that’s been enjoying 4K content for past 2 years, that’s deinfitely not true. Although I find proper HDR implementation for gaming produces more of a wow factor than the upgrade from 1080p to 4K.

No offense, but pushing resolution has always been BS, all it does, is make the image look worse on older TVs. It's just one big scam.

If I had 5 cents for every time you’ve been wrong or held a wildly unpopular opinion, I could retire.

Higher resolution like technology moves forward. I suggest you do the same.

I'm sorry, but resolution doesn't really improve how a game looks, all that matters, is that you play a game on the resolution it was designed for.

Ever increasing resolutions is only a scam to force people to buy new TVs.

If you play a old ass game on the resolution it was made for, alot of times it looks even better then many new games, because it mostly comes down to art style, not resolution.

I'm sorry, but resolution doesn't really improve how a game looks, all that matters, is that you play a game on the resolution it was designed for.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. This is going off topic so this will be my final reply to you, but boy are you pretty much wrong about everything. In a weird way it’s like the inverse of a super power.

Well back on topic. Game industry, a game Isn't gold, when you're still adding gigs of info to such, I really wish Yu Suzuki just delayed it by a few days.

My luck, the internet will be destroyed, before I get a chance to DL it(damn I really despise this practice of knowingly sending out games that aren't ready, just to release a day 1 patch)

The important is to have access to a native resolution this is compatible with your screen.

In this regard, Sh3 is more than fine as we know that
virtually any resolution and screen-ratio/type can be chosen in settings.

Native 4k/8k is great, even though 1080p is already quite detailled.
Personally, I think 4k or more is overkill quality, but, then again,
each one has the right to enjoy the game however they want.

Also : The day 1 patch, I want to add :
There may be DLC content there, just to accomodate for backer reward ?
(My wild guess being that backer content might be unlockable through a general-available DLC,
down the line, but they included the required data in, for convenience.)

Here’s a random question: Have they shown any gameplay from Baisha? It was in the stretch goals but I can’t remember the amount required to meet the goal. And I’ve only seen gameplay and footage of Bailu and Chobu. So did Baisha get cut?

Here’s a random question: Have they shown any gameplay from Baisha? It was in the stretch goals but I can’t remember the amount required to meet the goal. And I’ve only seen gameplay and footage of Bailu and Chobu. So did Baisha get cut?

Baisha no longer exists, as it was originally going to be.

Baish was changed to Fortified Castle area. There's still town facilities in it, and whatnot, but yea It's no longer your typical village/city(more like a castle town). As for gameplay, none has been actually shown, although Yu Suzuki has talked about it in early, obscure interviews.

It was more the castle town comment. I mean theoretically Baisha was meant to have mini-games and they may have crossed over, but we're not yet sure if the Fortified Castle is an environment with some degree of freedom, or a Yellow Head Building-styled event location.

It'll be interesting to find out though, I have to admit.

Back