Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I'm playing RDR2 on PC to pass the time, but between performance problems and Shenmue III incoming I'm kind of debating just uninstalling it for now and coming back to it later.

I’m still on Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. That’s the kind of low key game I need to bide my time. Should’ve taken up the remasters, but I don’t want to overdo my Shenmue exposure before I get to the main course.

I’m still on Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair. That’s the kind of low key game I need to bide my time. Should’ve taken up the remasters, but I don’t want to overdo my Shenmue exposure before I get to the main course.
Same. I've been in to Shenmue II a few times helping to capture some media for the Dojo gallery, but other than that I want to save myself for III so I'm properly, properly hungry for it.

I actually feel weirdly serene above all else.

Yeah, that's one I have been playing too. It's a nice game to pick up and play for a little bit at a time and it's easy to come back to later after a short break.

I must say it's more accessible and fun than the first Yooka Laylee game. I guess a Donkey Kong Country successor is more fun than a Banjo Kazooie successor.

The David Wise soundtrack is a nice bonus. I was necer into Rare’s 64-bit collectathons, but I always enjoyed DKC. I wish I could play Tropical Freeze (I know they didn’t make it). I loved the one that came before it.

Although I'm more of a lurker on the forums these days, it's absolutely fulfilling to see that Shenmue 3 is almost upon us.

20 fucking years (almost) and nobody thought it was going to happen.

I don't think the game will be largely well-received, especially by new players. But, who cares? The game is for us. Literally. Shenmue was always a hit or miss affair. (my fortune telling never misses :D)

Take your time and enjoy every minute of it.

I'm thinking of speed running S1 + S2 next weekend in advance. I didn't get around to starting this weekend and I am busy at work.

How long should it take me? I've played both games to death and think one game a day is doable?

I'm thinking of speed running S1 + S2 next weekend in advance. I didn't get around to starting this weekend and I am busy at work.

How long should it take me? I've played both games to death and think one game a day is doable?

It's not possible without using glitches to bypass big sections of the game.

In anycase I wouldn't suggest rushing through them in the first place, you really can't enjoy the Shenmue games by doing that.

Shenmue is doable in about 8 to 9 hours if you're just going story beat to story beat. Speedrun.com has it at 6hrs as the record. SII would probably be doable in about 15 hours if just doing story beats only. Although Speedrun.com has it at 3hrs glitchless.

Last edited:
It's not possible without using glitches to bypass big sections of the game.

In anycase I wouldn't suggest rushing through them in the first place, you really can't enjoy the Shenmue games by doing that.
Shenmue 1 is doable in 8ish hours. Shenmue 2 in about 2 hours with using glitches. Without I reckon 10-12.

Shenmue 1 is doable in 8ish hours. Shenmue 2 in about 2 hours with using glitches. Without I reckon 10-12.

Yea, It's nothing that should ever be attempted though, it defeats the purpose of playing such ingeneral. Nevermind the fact, you'll have to play 9-20 hours strait, which doesn't help any either.

The rule of thumb here, is don't ever rush through the Shenmue games.

Back