Random Shenmue III Thoughts

The only bit of the combat I struggled with was the lack of intelligent enemy switching. I would switch enemies and pretty much all of the time, it would choose the wrong enemy.

The only bit of the combat I struggled with was the lack of intelligent enemy switching. I would switch enemies and pretty much all of the time, it would choose the wrong enemy.
Yup or the game changes it automatically which i don't think it should do unless you defeated the enemy, that's what the right joystick is for.

D6191720-5839-445A-978A-E43710A2C524.jpeg
Story DLC. I’m on Version 1.05 with the Story DLC added. I just checked it out briefly via remote play on phone. Was wondering where to access the story DLC since it didn’t show up on the main menu like the Battle Rally did. Looks like you need a current save in Niaowu to access it. So it is apart of the main game then so it would seem.

Last edited:
I played a tad bit more on Remote Play over phone outta curiosity to see if it was indeed in the game and ready to go.

Trekked back to the Hotel and sure enough, it triggered a brand new cut scene with someone familiar...and that's where I will leave it.

I'm currently at work so I'm not gonna play over remote play on my phone. Will check it out this afternoon when I get home.

Basically you walk towards the hotel and there is Yuanda Zhu's associate waiting for you. He's there to monitor the movement of the Chi You Men and needs you to check out something for him. He reteaches you the sign. And that's all I know thus far as I turned off the remote play after that initial cut scene. All relevant info regarding him shows up in Notebook under the Requests tab.

Last edited:
Got my illustration!! As I gaze upon its Glory,
I think to myself. How many of these were Yu signing a day? Did he do ten, maybe a hundred a day?
Maybe he would set up a timer to beat the clock? He could have delayed it to the last minute. ;) i really hope I got the one were he thought to himself "Screw this my hand hurts".... Seriously think about all the illustrations he had to sign.
Absolutely love it
A hugh thank you and appreciation to
Yu and everybody else

Got my illustration!! As I gaze upon its Glory,
I think to myself. How many of these were Yu signing a day? Did he do ten, maybe a hundred a day?
Maybe he would set up a timer to beat the clock? He could have delayed it to the last minute. ;) i really hope I got the one were he thought to himself "Screw this my hand hurts".... Seriously think about all the illustrations he had to sign.
Absolutely love it
A hugh thank you and appreciation to
Yu and everybody else
Where are you based? I'm waiting on mine and I'm in the uk.

Where are you based? I'm waiting on mine and I'm in the uk.
Am in the states. Hopefully you'll get it in the next 5-7 business days. Hopefully sooner.
I've gotten packages from India
With in 10 business days. Keep in mind I wasn't paying a premium.

It also came in a premium durable packing slip.

I got my cart-only Honoo no Doukyuji: Dodge Danpei for the Genesis, in 3 days from Japan with only $5.00 shipping.

I also got Headhunter for the Dreamcast from Germany in 3 days, for $3.27 shipping.

Sometimes, you get lucky, other times it takes 2 months to get something from a 10 hour drive away, in the same country.

Fingers crossed we all get it soon!

Seeing how Cinematic Universes are all the rage nowadays and Sonic is doing well at the box office, I cannot help but wonder if SEGA will start their own Cinematic Universe. If possible, hopefully we could get a Shenmue subseries.

I highly doubt it lol...we are fighting tooth and nail just to finish the video game chapters.

So I decided to continue my second game last night. I'm still in Bailu village and it occured to me how much I love the first half of the game. Bailu is gorgeous and although it begins with a slow pace, I love exploring, meeting the villagers, fishing, going herb hunting and a lot of the sidequests in that portion of the game. It's a lovely region. I have a few minor criticisms about the writing, (like Ryo getting amnesia and behaving like he hasn't met Chai before, or the padding that occurs with Sun) but overall I do really enjoy the first part of the game.

It's Niaowu and how everything comes together in the final few hours of the game that really lets things down. Particularly when you realise the whole story really is about looking for thugs and trying to find Shenhua's father. It's also especially underwhelming when you realise you spend all that time training, which Yu Suzuki put huge amounts of effort into this time, only for there to be next to no fights or combat in the game.

Seeing how Cinematic Universes are all the rage nowadays and Sonic is doing well at the box office, I cannot help but wonder if SEGA will start their own Cinematic Universe. If possible, hopefully we could get a Shenmue subseries.

Shenmue, don't see it.

But, they could go after other franchises that have a high popularity; they also have to make sense from a movie standpoint, as well (Crazy Taxi, for example, could not be done unless you wrote a plot that has 0 to do with the main games, as they never had a plot in the first place). For this reason, I can see:

- HoD; as you could make a great 1-2 film going after the first two games (the way they handle plot after the second game, makes for a bit of a tricky transition). And don't reuse/recycle ANYTHING Uwe Boll did... asshole. The only issue with the series is the extreme blood and gore, may not be family-friendly, if that's the area Sega is targeting.

- Virtua Fighter; though popularity worldwide has decreased as time has gone on, I think they can swing it. Story isn't too unrealistic either.

- Golden Axe; Being a Conan clone may kill this idea before it even takes off, but the story is original-enough and the characters iconic-enough, that it could be done. Just don't know if the popularity would be there.

That's all I have for now; I think after the success of Detective Pikachu (which wasn't nearly as good as Sonic) and Sonic, it may show other companies that video game films may be viable after all.

Just hope that Capcom doesn't decide to do a Final Fight film; it's the biggest longshot of longshots, but I actually have a script in mind and don't want something to be done before I showcase it to the world :$ lol

It's Niaowu and how everything comes together in the final few hours of the game that really lets things down. Particularly when you realise the whole story really is about looking for thugs and trying to find Shenhua's father. It's also especially underwhelming when you realise you spend all that time training, which Yu Suzuki put huge amounts of effort into this time, only for there to be next to no fights or combat in the game.

If it wasn't obvious back on Dreamcast looking for Yuan was the main point of Shenmue lll, well, then, you weren't paying attention...?

Back