Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Imagine that this was Ryo's training with Master Bei on top of the bamboo raft in Niaowu.
Ryo would have to practice is balance on top of the bamboo raft in order to better performe the Reverse Body Check by performing a QTE sequence otherwise he would end up in the water.

That is absolutely amazing, thanks for sharing that video. Yes it looks properly calibrated and between the classic camera and high framerate the game looks stunning! Pair that with removing UI and I can only imagine how much more immersive experience will be.

We will have to share notes once you get it up and running on Shadow.

For sure. Ill keep you posted when i sign up.

Here's a random video that I meant to post about 9 months ago:

It was my intention to do a comparison, but I couldn't get anyone with a stock PS4 Pro who wanted to record similar footage to do a side-by-side. In short, with an internal SSD Niaowu takes under 30 seconds to load. (Timing starts as soon as the title screen finishes fading to black and ends on the first frame where the game fades back in) NPC pop-in is significantly better as well as you can see for yourself when I run down the promenade.

Based on this, you can probably expect similar or better results than that from a PS5 if installing to internal storage.

@code l name check this out. Says they'll activate mine in Febuary 💀

I think its quicker if i sign up for the paris server. I'll have to do some more research

Screenshot_20200914_020622_com.brave.browser.jpg

Maybe you already have an answer for this but... How come Ryo can become 10th dan in the Bailu Dojo (or even the Niaowou one) so easily ?

I might have just accidentally discovered Gentei's name.
So inside Chai's room of the old castle, by cheating you can see a newspaper hanging on the wall.
Chiyou's Daily.png

Here's what it says:
一九八七年五月二七日 星期六 蚩尤日报 (Saturday, May 27, 1987, Chi You's Daily)
1987.png
鸟舞 蚩尤日报 (Niaowu - Chi You's Daily)
Niaowu Chiyou's Daily.png
偉大的領導人藍帝回到了鳥舞 (The great leader Lan Di has returned to Niaowu)
Landi.png
鳥隼小姐今天也很漂亮 (Lady Niao Sun looks gorgeous today as well)
Niaosun.png
斗牛先生 一名在香港受傷的日本人 受重傷 (Mr. Douniu was seriously jnjured by a Japanese in Hong Kong)
Douniu.png
亀蛇同志長期出差為己任 (Comrade Gui She regards long-term trips as his responsibility)
Gui She.png
The name 亀蛇 (Gui She) can be literally translated as "Tortoise Snake" which is exactly the symbol of Genbu, the power held by Gentei.

Last edited:
So inside Chai's room of the old castle, by cheating you can see a newspaper hanging on the wall.
View attachment 9006

Here's what it says:
View attachment 9011
View attachment 9007
View attachment 9008
鳥隼小姐今天也很漂亮 (Lady Niao Sun is gorgeous today as well)
View attachment 9009
斗牛先生 一名在香港受傷的日本人 受重傷 (Mr. Douniu was seriously jnjured by a Japanese in Hong Kong)
View attachment 9010
View attachment 9012
The name 亀蛇 (Gui She) can be literally translated as "Tortoise Snake" which is exactly the symbol of Genbu, the power held by Gentei.
That's a really great find; I wonder if there is more information spread around the rest of the game !?

View attachment 9006

Here's what it says:
View attachment 9011
View attachment 9007
View attachment 9008
View attachment 9009
View attachment 9010
View attachment 9012

That might be one of the greatest finds yet. Awesome job

View attachment 9006

Here's what it says:
View attachment 9011
View attachment 9007
View attachment 9008
View attachment 9009
View attachment 9010
View attachment 9012
From what I gathered this is the Northern Leader of the Chiyoumen most commonly known as the Balck Tortoise or Black Turtle; he is also called Xuanwu in Chinese.

1600104537256.png

1600104588596.png

View attachment 9006

Here's what it says:
View attachment 9011
View attachment 9007
View attachment 9008
View attachment 9009
View attachment 9010
View attachment 9012
Wow!

This video from our pal spaghetti i think is spot on to the original games. It makes the environments look much better as well

I think that music that plays on the hotel balcony at night is one of the series' best, it's a beautiful, calming piece perfect for reflecting on the days events and the tasks to be done tomorrow. The harbour is beautifully lit at night, too.

View attachment 9006

Here's what it says:
View attachment 9011
View attachment 9007
View attachment 9008
View attachment 9009
View attachment 9010
View attachment 9012
This is an amazing find. I always wondered what it said but because nobody talked about it on here, I thought it was something that wasn't too special.

Side note: I was pretty sleepy when I was quickly scrolling this page and I saw the picture of Chai and I leapt up in fright :lol:

Yeah, 19th November on Steam and GOG.

Anyone else noticed on GOG that a Standard Edition for Shenmue 3 is listed? It seems to indicate that more than one version will be released. I expect we'll get the base game in the standard, and perhaps all DLC and (maybe) some extra goodies in an 'Ultimate Edition' of sorts.

1600593989793.png

Back