Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Last edited:
edit: whoops replied to myself lmao

If someone remembers where the Chobu-chan was in this store, could you give me a hint? Between this playthrough and the one last year, I've spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trying (and failing) to find him. I didn't want to completely surrender and simply look up his location, but I can't even count how many attempts at full searches I've done of the room.

878670_20201121203055_1.png

You know that I liked about Shenmue III? The map. Especially of Bailu. I don't like a map/ an area that is too simple, or how should I say.. predictable? Boring? But Bailu was more ´organic´, more spread out which I liked! I'd like to see this more developed in IV.
Still I would not like a fully open world because that's not Shenmue.

I love to find secret / alternative ways to get from A to B. To discover smaller areas I couldn't find before. Like ´easter egg areas´, and to have these places full of small things to discover. Perhaps things that changes over time, or, you may found certain things there at certain times. That sort of stuff. Instead of a massive map that just feels empty. Bailu was interesting. It took me some time to discover that small path behind the Hermit's Nest with the pine trees. But you couldn't go there.. on the path.

If they could make the area feel more complex, more deep with hidden places and not having these long trails no one can walk because of invisible walls, then I'd be very happy. I was a little bit disappointed that there was no way walking these long trails or to explore the forests around the village. But it's fully understandable why. I also missed the fireflies scene from the kickstarter trailer. But in a way that sort of happened in Niaowu instead, remember where? I missed it on my first playthrough.

If someone remembers where the Chobu-chan was in this store, could you give me a hint? Between this playthrough and the one last year, I've spent an embarrassingly long amount of time trying (and failing) to find him. I didn't want to completely surrender and simply look up his location, but I can't even count how many attempts at full searches I've done of the room.

View attachment 9836
Cardboard box.. Not 100% sure but to the left in that picture I think.
(I thought the hat store was the worst and most difficult one for me to find)

View attachment 9836

Back