Random Shenmue III Thoughts

i think i will stay away from this board, Youtube and Twitch when the game is out.
i'm a ultra slow player, i always check out everything, i can play games for hours and hours
without touching the main story because i'm just looking around, searching for other missions
or i'm grinding money or exp or whatever,
a lot of times i'm trying to defeat enemies on the hardest difficulties
even when i'm not supposed to defeat them and so on.
thats why its nothing unusual when i'm still in the first half of a game after 14 days of playing,
but a lot of people will beat the whole story probably in the same time
and i dont want to see or read any spoilers. especially for the story.
i dont know what kind of surprises there will be and if there will be a huge cliffhanger ending or whatever
but it only takes one funny troll to ruin all of that.

I've organised to play the demo round my brother's house on his beefy rig, and we agreed we'd play through it once together -- a single 45-60 mins -- then save it for launch.

He still needs to jump into SII, having beat the original for the first time with the HD collection.

To top it off, my other brother, who used to watch me play Shenmue when he was a little kid, saw the latest trailer and was blown away. Now it's his most anticipated game of the year ☕

I've organised to play the demo round my brother's house on his beefy rig, and we agreed we'd play through it once together -- a single 45-60 mins -- then save it for launch.

He still needs to jump into SII, having beat the original for the first time with the HD collection.

To top it off, my other brother, who used to watch me play Shenmue when he was a little kid, saw the latest trailer and was blown away. Now it's his most anticipated game of the year ☕

What did you mean by "save it for launch"? I thought we couldn't continue our trial save on the full game.

I'll play the PC version some day, I might even play the Trial if I get a new computer before the game is released (playing it after release seems pointless, unless it has some cool exclusive content or easter eggs). I'll definitely rate it highly on Epic.

So the most people we've ever had online at once was 195 on the 10th of June 2019.
Who wants to take bets on what that number will rise to on Shenmue III's day of release?
Do you have all forum data? To check June 15th 2015

i think its for the better that Epic has no user review function. it would only work
if they restrict it so that only people who bought it directly on Epic can make a review.
otherwise it will be just a flood of nonsense.

i'm not a big fan of user reviews in general like on Amazon or Steam
because the comments are all over the place. some people are saying something like 1 star
because "the package was damaged", some people are saying 5 stars "it works".
and on Steam you have all this stuff like "i have a good PC but the framerate is not good",
"my game crashes and i dont know why", "the game is so long and i dont like side missions".

those are not reviews, it doesnt help anyone.

I'll play the PC version some day, I might even play the Trial if I get a new computer before the game is released (playing it after release seems pointless, unless it has some cool exclusive content or easter eggs). I'll definitely rate it highly on Epic.

I'm in the same boat. My computer can't even run Shenmue HD lol

Back