Random Shenmue III Thoughts

If anyone wants a nice bittersweet laugh that kind of backs up how generally not good this game is probably doing. You can see the moment Huber's heart breaks in half.

If anyone wants a nice bittersweet laugh that kind of backs up how generally not good this game is probably doing. You can see the moment Huber's heart breaks in half.
The YouTube user ‘Nero SK12’ left a good comment on that video playing down the gravity of this:

“Dont know if this counts as some kind of consolation for Huber or not but, Shenmue's viewership on twitch is wildly variable. It's 5.5k as I write this comment cuz Aris is streaming it. It jumps up to 10k when Max is. And can go up to like 30k when Fextralife is on. Shenmue is not a game that follows normal conventions of popularity. Most people who wanna play it are playing it on their own. Not to mention people interested in Shenmue are generally an older crowd and not the kind who'd flock on twitch. Coupled by the fact that Shenmue being a game that requires you to play 2 old games to enjoy it alienate general streamers and it being slow as a snail paced game doesnt make it a fun watch for general viewers who are not interested in the franchise already. Twitch is horrible measure of success in general but especially for games like these.”

Can someone, without any spoilers, let me know how I get to drive a forklift? I know the area and I assume the person to talk to, but can't get it to trigger... maybe it occurs later.

@DJMH https://shenmue.link/post_en/1396/?en

I don't know if you still need help, but I found the person offering the option a couple days after I arrived. Though you've the right area, I myself initially assumed the wrong person, so that could also be the case.

The YouTube user ‘Nero SK12’ left a good comment on that video playing down the gravity of this:

“Dont know if this counts as some kind of consolation for Huber or not but, Shenmue's viewership on twitch is wildly variable. It's 5.5k as I write this comment cuz Aris is streaming it. It jumps up to 10k when Max is. And can go up to like 30k when Fextralife is on. Shenmue is not a game that follows normal conventions of popularity. Most people who wanna play it are playing it on their own. Not to mention people interested in Shenmue are generally an older crowd and not the kind who'd flock on twitch. Coupled by the fact that Shenmue being a game that requires you to play 2 old games to enjoy it alienate general streamers and it being slow as a snail paced game doesnt make it a fun watch for general viewers who are not interested in the franchise already. Twitch is horrible measure of success in general but especially for games like these.”
See I think theres alot of truth to that, but at the same time....fucking chess beat it?

Last edited:
It really doesn’t seem like a game to stream since it’s a go-at-your-own-pace game and what happens between the beats is very low-key.

I was streaming to my Twitch channel yesterday. I'm a nobody so I'm lucky to have 2 to 6 viewers max watching (I stream because I like having a record of game footage)....all I did for 4 hours yesterday was fuck around and take knees. I had one viewer watching for 4 hours. And all I could think was "why? me taking a knee in this game ain't that compelling...I'm just looking for herbs and side quests"

Yeah, considering how much knee taking you do in this game...I don't know if it makes for compelling streaming material.

Nice. It’s absolutely hilarious that such a great franchise might be dead, again. It’s even funnier watching fans of said franchise realizing this. I almost died laughing.

What is up with Ryo's voice in this game in the English dub? In some lines, he sounds like he has to keep it down so he doesn't disturb someone next door or something. It even sounded like he (Corey) was losing his voice. They should have gave him breaks if his voice was doing that unless it was intentional.

This Game is so beautiful

I love the Scene with the old Master in the Temple where he hits Ryo and Ryo flies a couple of meters. But collecting 2000 Yuan was typical Shenmue. Luckily i was fishing and made 1000 Yuan with it. The QTE in Bailu was awesome with the two guys. It feels like to playing a big movie. I love that and i want more. Still i'm not out of Bailu.

Last edited:
This Game is so beautiful

I love the Scene with the old Master in the Temple where he hits Ryo and Ryo flies a couple of meters. But collecting 2000 Yuan was typical Shenmue. Luckily i was fishing and made 1000 Yuan with it. The QTE in Bailu was awesome with the two guys. It feels like to playing a big movie. I love that and i want more. Still i'm not out of Bailu. In the Live-Chat last week with Yu-san there was a big Plot-Spoiler where anyone says that we know NOTHING after beating this game, but the Story continues and we know more about the Mirror and Ryo's father. This was very interesting.
Everything around learning and executing the body check was just super badass. Sun left a pretty bad impression in his debut trailer with those animations, but I think he's become one of my favorite old-guy-teaches-ryo-something segments in the series.

Back