Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Would anyone have complained if the cities were smaller but denser? I wonder if the Skill Book exchange system led in part to the increased size, i.e. having to go to multiple shops that sell the same kind of thing to collect items to exchange for Skill Books, as opposed to having a single antiques shop, a single martial arts shop, etc.

I had something ... different in mind when i saw that mini golf game on the earlier screenshots. :LOL:
And the dojo diffculty balance on hard is a bit ridiculous, i can win against 9 of the fighters without any effort
because they only have very slow moves and dont do any damage and then all of a sudden fighter #10
has non stop combos and even blocking reduces the health about 2 points. Weird progression.
Still enjoying it though

Would anyone have complained if the cities were smaller but denser? I wonder if the Skill Book exchange system led in part to the increased size, i.e. having to go to multiple shops that sell the same kind of thing to collect items to exchange for Skill Books, as opposed to having a single antiques shop, a single martial arts shop, etc.
Absolutely not. I think they should've focused on density and purpose instead of just building things for the sake of making the game looks large. We hate comparing Yakuza vs. Shenmue, but I rarely feel like any space is wasted in a Yakuza game and I rarely think about how I wish the map were larger. It's just right. Same goes for Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 (to an extent). I didn't like how large and barren RDR2 felt either. I think Yu Suzuki might want to turn off the part of his brain that says "I don't like studying other games" and maybe do some more research next time. There are so many modern open world games out there now... So much to learn.

I had something ... different in mind when i saw that mini golf game on the earlier screenshots. :LOL:
And the dojo diffculty balance on hard is a bit ridiculous, i can win against 9 of the fighters without any effort
because they only have very slow moves and dont do any damage and then all of a sudden fighter #10
has non stop combos and even blocking reduces the health about 2 points. Weird progression.
Still enjoying it though

Are you talking about Bailu or Niaowu dojo? I found Gold Tiger hard in Bailu on Hard difficulty, but by the time I fought Gold Dragon in Niaowu I had levelled up so much it was a cakewalk.

Man, the telephone calls to old friends is the best thing since sliced bread. So good! In one Ryo even admits
that he isn't very good with women

Man, the telephone calls to old friends is the best thing since sliced bread. So good! In one Ryo even admits
that he isn't very good with women
As we have seen, the ladies just throw pussy at Ryo, so he has no need to brush up on his skills.

I'm having a game breaking glitch that is happening to me in Niawou. When the clock strikes 9:00pm Ryo is transported back to the Hotel. The loading screen appears then the screen just stays black. Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm having a game breaking glitch that is happening to me in Niawou. When the clock strikes 9:00pm Ryo is transported back to the Hotel. The loading screen appears then the screen just stays black. Is anyone else having this problem?
I had the black screen in Bailu Village. Only happened to me once in 50+ hours of gameplay. Could have been worse.

Seriously, what is with the 9pm curfews?? in bailu it kind of made sense, but in the city.. Really??

Go to bed now Ryo!

445861.jpg

Anyone else have a little difficulty with the QTEs when playing with an Xbox controller because of the difference in colours vs. the Dreamcast pad? :p I know that was an issue for me when playing I & II on PC as well, whereas on my playthrough of II on Android via Redream it was all second nature to me.

Anyone else have a little difficulty with the QTEs when playing with an Xbox controller because of the difference in colours vs. the Dreamcast pad? :p I know that was an issue for me when playing I & II on PC as well, whereas on my playthrough of II on Android via Redream it was all second nature to me.
I'm playing with a DS4 but it gives me Xbox controller prompts. Same thing when I play Yakuza. Those fucking X prompts will be (and have been) the death of me.

Back