Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Possibly a dumb question, but how do I see my total gametime played?

Funny, I just checked this in my Epic launcher before opening this thread. Are you on PC? If so, click on the Library tab and you'll see it.

In my case it was 34 hours. I feel I took my time in Bailu and the start of Niaowu, but started picking up the pace when I felt I was close to the end.

Funny, I just checked this in my Epic launcher before opening this thread. Are you on PC? If so, click on the Library tab and you'll see it.

In my case it was 34 hours. I feel I took my time in Bailu and the start of Niaowu, but started picking up the pace when I felt I was close to the end.

Forgot to mention I'm playing on PS4. Thanks for the reply, though!

In Niaowu, the forklift job guy has disappeared. I failed to meet him at 5pm after my first shift and now I cant find him in his original location nor where I was supposed to meet him. I’ve checked during day and night. What am I supposed to do?

In Niaowu, the forklift job guy has disappeared. I failed to meet him at 5pm after my first shift and now I cant find him in his original location nor where I was supposed to meet him. I’ve checked during day and night. What am I supposed to do?

Check by left side of pier and you should find him.

He's a dropout, it's why his friends were so worried about him in Shenmue I, he was skipping class and avoiding everyone ever since Iwao died.

He was always destined to be a full time martial artist I guess, but that's interesting. He's a respectful kid, but at the same time feels like he has a bit of street punk in him.

Found a fun tidbit of info!

This guy at Niaowu harbor is named Riff Tamblyn.

View attachment 5899

He’s named after Russ Tamblyn, who played Riff in West Side Story!

View attachment 5900

The other guy in the warehouse named Antony could be a reference to West Side Story character (and movie Riff’s best friend) Tony, whose full name is Anton.
He'll always be Dr. Jacoby from Twin Peaks to me!

Anyone have a link to the interview where Suzuki talks about how different character artists had different styles?

Do you have to reach a certain point in the story to access the forklift truck job or can you do it in on your first day in the second area?

No, not on the first day of the second area. You have to wait until Shenhua mentions that there are ads for jobs in the terminal, I believe. She will mention this when you're automatically taken back to the hotel at 9pm.

Back