Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I got a bit sick last week, so I haven't been able to play every night. And when I can play, I've basically been doing one in-game day per real-life day. So this is gonna take a while! I wasn't sure how to manage the various in-game systems at first but took someone's advice to establish a routine of training and work in the mornings, investigations in the afternoon, and that seems to be going pretty well.

I got a bit sick last week, so I haven't been able to play every night. And when I can play, I've basically been doing one in-game day per real-life day. So this is gonna take a while! I wasn't sure how to manage the various in-game systems at first but took someone's advice to establish a routine of training and work in the mornings, investigations in the afternoon, and that seems to be going pretty well.

That's how I play it too at the moment. About one Shenmue day per real day, with training and money making activities in the morning and investigations in the afternoon.

16 hours and I'm still in Bailu. Trying to get all the moves.

Spent more than 900 Yuan on Firefighter capsule toys. Still no axe.

Last edited:
I just arrived in Niaowu (rather suddenly - I had quite a bit left I could do in Bailu, but was eager to progress the story)

I went to sleep in the hotel but nothing is triggering in the lobby with Shenhua, although she is sitting there.

The game isn't allowing me to access my menu either - R1 does nothing.

Last night while playing this happened and I also couldn't select anything when given the prompt - it automatically selected no for me. Seemed glitchy so I shut it down. Today I'm able to make selections, but still no menu or scene with Shenhua

Am I supposed to trigger something another location? Being shut off from my inventory makes me wonder if my save is corrupt. Luckily I have a save from the end of Bailu, I would hope that would fix this

I just arrived in Niaowu (rather suddenly - I had quite a bit left I could do in Bailu, but was eager to progress the story)

I went to sleep in the hotel but nothing is triggering in the lobby with Shenhua, although she is sitting there.

The game isn't allowing me to access my menu either - R1 does nothing.

Last night while playing this happened and I also couldn't select anything when given the prompt - it automatically selected no for me. Seemed glitchy so I shut it down. Today I'm able to make selections, but still no menu or scene with Shenhua

Am I supposed to trigger something another location? Being shut off from my inventory makes me wonder if my save is corrupt. Luckily I have a save from the end of Bailu, I would hope that would fix this

This sounds daft, but have you tried leaving the hotel? That should trigger the scene. Or does it not do anything? :(

Dejing: "Hey, meet me on the pier at 5pm."

*goes to pier at 5pm*

Dejing: is fucking nowhere

I know I'm in the right place because when I go there before 5pm Ryo tells me I should wait until 5pm to see Dejing. But he's not there. Or anywhere.

Yay.

Dejing: "Hey, meet me on the pier at 5pm."

*goes to pier at 5pm*

Dejing: is fucking nowhere

I know I'm in the right place because when I go there before 5pm Ryo tells me I should wait until 5pm to see Dejing. But he's not there. Or anywhere.

Yay.

You went out to the part where the ship is? Just checking. That cutscene is so weird (after he teaches you the move). lol.

Anyone else crave Chinese food while playing this game? 🍜 I took my sister to a local Chinese restaurant while taking a break from the game this past weekend. Was nice having xiaolongbao for the first time in months :)
LOL yes. I ate Chinese food last night while playing the game and it felt very immersive. The same goes for Japanese food and playing Yakuza.

You went out to the part where the ship is? Just checking. That cutscene is so weird (after he teaches you the move). lol.
This is the same thing I’m going through. The ship we came on or the ship that you load with the forklift? I’ve looked all over and can’t find him. I also can’t find him to talk to him again to do another shift.

Back