Random Shenmue III Thoughts

An interesting post in the SIV forum.

bqXkurP.jpg

51JP72u.jpg

TP6mkeD.jpg

Is Yu the world's weirdest photographer/sightseer or is he up to something else?

im still playing s3. i found the start of the game very slow but im really enjoying it now. Ys is deffiently a master when it comes to QTE events, i just wish they were more forgiving - i hate not completing them first time around.

also hearing the shenmue sega saturn demo reel music in s3 put a big smile on my face.

Biscuit speaking in code, 144 million secured for Shenmue 4.
Untitled.png

Has anybody been "sliding" the combat inputs instead of pressing them?
with the sliding inputs i have come to really enjoy the combat even more then before.
A lot (but not all) of the inputs for the moves intuitively match up with the motion of the attack. I very much feel like YsNet intended for players to thumb-slide for many of these.

This is minor, but it’d be nice not to have to watch the same exact animation every time you want to continue chopping wood, train, etc.

very much feel like YsNet intended for players to thumb-slide for many of these.
I was thinking the same thing. It would be interesting if they could allow the attack inputs to be moved to the right thumb stick in a future update.
Am remembering the moves with the sliding pattern more now, then I have done on my last play through.

What do you guys mean about sliding pattern
Treating the buttons like a joystick basically.
When doing Ryu fireball you slide the joystick down and forward.

Try doing the same thing with any of the moves.

When a combo is X, Square, Square, Triangle. You would do two sets of sliding patterns.⬇⬅⬅⬆

Another would be circle, X Triangle
Which would be ➡️⬇️⬆️

Last edited:
I am away in work travel, staying at Barcelona, and it is my second day in a row without playing my trophie hunt run of the game and I am feeling some kind of melancholie for coming back home and playing it this weekend

Zero Punctuation is streaming Shenmue 3 lol:

I find him kind of funny for some reason. I can't take him too seriously even though I know he hates this series. It seems like it's all in fun. Sterling bothers me way more.

Back