Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I voted yes, for me this is a nice option, was really nice that in Shenmue III Yu Suzuki putted important items of the previous games like Nozomi's amulet, pictures of Ryo with important characters and much more.

Shenmue is a journey so it is nice to have all the items we get along the way.

What I am curious about is when are we going to meet the individual or individuals who wrote the Tiger Scroll and what techniques can be extracted from it. I hope we learn its meaning in the potential fourth title.
I think Iwao and Sunming created the move, and a calligrapher may have designed the scroll for them. I guess Iwao hid it because of the shame he felt for his friend's death, the principles of Yin/Yang reminds him to accept his light and his darkness. If Lan Di achieves some form of redemption and helps Ryo defeat Tentei or Chi You whatever.. I guess Lan Di would be the right person to teach Ryo, and together they perfect the move, in the name of their fathers.

I've been playing this chinese RPG called GUJIAN 3 and in this game there is also a fishing mini game like in Shenmue 3.
The way the fishing mini game plays in this game is almost identical to the Turtle Racing mini game in Shenmue 3 where you have to constantly press the buttons that show up on screen; but what is really cool about this mini game is that you can choose what sort of bait you want to use and according to that you catch different types of fish.
I think this could make for a really nice upgrade for a possible fishing mini game in Shenmue 4.

Here are some pictures; in case you want to check them out:
20210708163525_1.jpg

20210708163342_1.jpg

20210708163150_1.jpg

20210708163119_1.jpg
Fishing in Guilin !?
20210708163112_1.jpg

I hope we can see the Pagoda Forest in Shenmue IV or in V, this place looks so different, unique and beautiful.

Like i said in another thread i'm not obssesed with Yu Suzuki original vision, i know some things changed, and i remember in one interview that the Dojo did with Ryan, i think it was him, i don't remember, he said that Yu Suzuki have things that he wrote about the story but the things that are not part of the main story he creates in the time that he is making the game, something like this, i don't remember so someone correct me if i'm wrong.

So it's okay if some things changed a long the way, the Guilin part in Shenmue II is a good example for this, but what i think is sad is that maybe Yu Suzuki will never have the chance to put in the games all this beautiful places that he wrote about them.

Places like Baisha, Pagoda Forest, Luoyang, the boat part, the train part, The Forbidden City and many other places, in other words content that he wrote at that time, content that i think looks really beautiful, i hope one day we can see this beautiful places in future games, this subject is beautiful to me, this subject about his trip to China and how this affected him in a positive way to create things for Virtua Fighter and Shenmue, i find it fascinating, beautiful, unique and special.

I hope one day we can at least have the chance to read about this beautiful places and how he imagined this places in the story.

pagoda-forest-vf2.png

Last edited:
There will likely be some sequels and reboots announced at Gamescom 2021 (August 25th).

It won't be Shenmue 4, of course, because that would be too awesome. Still, I'll be tuning in because I like to torture myself.

It might sound a bit cheesy but that message also reminded me of this song 🤣 and the lyrics kind of fit the Love we have for Shenmue; just not as literally of course.

Here we go again... hello... yeah... we are looking for you Koch Media, please LetsGetShenmueIV. SHENMUE HYPE TRAIN, YEAH. 😁

pCCVKN7.jpg

This Koch Media re-tweet can mean something more or maybe it is nothing. :( They re-tweet a Shenmue Dojo tweet and the words they decided to put are really interesting, hm... mystery 🤔

Probably Shenmue IV will not release this year but at this point i just need a confirmation that Shenmue IV is in development.

I have a feeling that this year we will get at least an announcement that Shenmue IV is in development, if this happen it will be the best news of the year for me about games.

Last edited:
I dunno gang...we could be in for a big August. The dream scenario would be a Shenmue trailer at Crunchyroll Expo in early August to build hype for a gamescom S4 development announcement a week for so later. But, thats still the dream scenario of course. I just love to see Shenmue getting attention and thay Koch tweet definitely got the hype sensors tingling 😂

Last edited:
We shall see.

I'm thinking the Anime being shown and given a release date is pretty high.

Shenmue 4.... who knows. Koch Media do retweet us now and again and I saw that Gamescom tweet and thought why the hell not.

The Dojo has press for Gamescom, not that it means anything at all for Shenmue 4, so we might cover it in depth if things start accelerating a bit.

I'm just wary of getting too hyped up haha.

We shall see.

Shenmue 4.... who knows. Koch Media do retweet us now and again and I saw that Gamescom tweet and thought why the hell not.

The Dojo has press for Gamescom, not that it means anything at all for Shenmue 4, so we might cover it in depth if things start accelerating a bit.

Yeah. It’s going to take more than a line from a Lionel Ritchie song to get me hyped. Hopefully we’ll get it in the coming months though.

There will likely be some sequels and reboots announced at Gamescom 2021 (August 25th).

It won't be Shenmue 4, of course, because that would be too awesome. Still, I'll be tuning in because I like to torture myself.

Just imagine if they had put in Shenmue footage in that trailer !?

We shall see.

I get hyped every time even though I know it's foolish. I've basically just stopped resisting at this point, it's out of my control. 🐒

Back