Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Have to agree that the advanced age of Yu-San might be problem but not due to the retirement age. I think nowbody would stop Yu Making games. the only Person that can stop Yu is Yu himself. The problem might be that at one point in his life You might not be interestedin making games anymore or he might not be able to do so anymore due Health issues But we should think postive.

Seeing how beautifully Chen-style Tai Ji Quan was displayed in Shenmue II, I hope other internal styles such as Xing Yi Quan and Pa Qua will be displayed in future chapters.

Feels sad that Sega doesn't regard Shenmue as a globally recognized IP in their latest report
View attachment 11397
Kind of odd they didn't include Shenmue, but did include Streets Of Rage, Space Channel 5, Rez, The House Of The Dead, and Panzer Dragoon, which either all got remakes/l or sequels, or will soon, and also included Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi, which have received or will receive spiritual successors.

Kind of odd they didn't include Shenmue, but did include Streets Of Rage, Space Channel 5, Rez, The House Of The Dead, and Panzer Dragoon, which either all got remakes/l or sequels, or will soon, and also included Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi, which have received or will receive spiritual successors.
For a moment I wondered whether they might have signed the rights to Shenmue over to Yu, but this seems unlikely even with SoJ’s total lack of regard for the franchise. I suspect it was just omitted because they have no plans to do anything with Shenmue in the immediate future.

Back