Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Let's just sit idly by and see if anything heats up in the coming days. It's possible it could show up at Geoff Keighley's Kickoff thing.

I definitely don’t expect it in his showcase. He only covers stuff the most mainstream of the mainstream care about.

I know we're all eager for info about Shenmue IV, but I wouldn't read into these supposed leaks at all.

They are so insanely easy to put together. Here's one I made in less than 5 minutes:

th1ftP1.jpeg

I know some people might ask why somebody would go to the effort of doing something like that, but just remember that we had a fake 'announcement date' leak for the anime just a few months back. Some people just really love attention.
It may be a fake; but what intrigues me is that the assets are very similar to those we see in Shenmue 3.
Shenmue 4 Demo Assets.jpg

It may be a fake; but what intrigues me is that the assets are very similar to those we see in Shenmue 3.
View attachment 11688
I know that they bought/used a load of assets in Unreal which are on the open market so they could be easily obtainable for a video like this I'd assume?

I'm not sure to be honest. I don't see anything beyond a vague similarity which is to be expected considering the assets are based off of real world objects.
Heresy.gif

I noticed the dude who wrote Shenmue 3, Junichi Yoshida, says “we are working on an original title” on his website. Has he ever been involved in a game that doesn’t involve Yu Suzuki?

SERVICE / BUSINESS CONTENT​

Service guide​

■ Game development and development cooperation
We are currently developing our own original title. The latest information will be announced later. Please see here for
the representative's business performance .

Just something I noticed. Could be irrelevant. Could be something that's been on his site for a decade (though he references Shenmue 3 on his resume on the other page).

Last edited:
Would “working on an original title” not indicate its definitely not Shenmue related? As in a new IP?

I dunno. I think it's a given we'll see Shenmue IV become a reality; I guess we've just been spurned for so many years until Shenmue III miraculously appeared after all that time, we're all just cynics.

I think it's too early for it to be shown, but I mean...a lot of stuff is being shown now for 2022, so who knows.

Addendum:

Looking ahead over the next week, there are quite a few shows that Shenmue IV could be confirmed.

Geoff Keighley's event does have an "Indie showcase"; there's Koch Media's event, there's the IGN Expo, Future Game Show(which includes Sega), E3 itself, and even if all those fail, there is Gamescom in August. There is also whatever event Sony ends up doing themselves(State of Play or PS Experience)

We willed Shenmue III into reality and funded it to a magnitude hitherto unbeaten. The sheer tenacity forced Sega to finally release an HD Collection, a collection that really seemed to chart pretty well.

We also have an anime confirmed that no one saw coming, honestly. In addition, we continue our push to see the series continue with our 4th Tweetathons.

This is one niche community that never gives up and I expect it to pay off in the end, perhaps more so now than ever. I don't think we'll be skulking around the Dojo for that miracle shot for years anymore.

I wouldn’t even go that far. It might have nothing to do with YS at all. Just searching for clues. I don’t really know what Junichi Yoshida does when he isn’t working on Shenmue so maybe he’s more known or active than I thought.

Holy shit guys could this be shenmue 4? (I know someone who works at ys he sent me this, can't disclose who though)

ShenMu_IV_TestCapture_04_YS.jpg

Shenmue IV??

I was in my bed, just waking up, my eyes still barely open, i grabbed my cellphone and opened YouTube, the video "Shenmue 4" appeared, i thought "What? Shenmue 4? i'm still sleeping? "

tenor.gif

The name of the channel is シェンムーJapan, looks like a new channel.

No... no... it is not Shenmuuuuuue IV. 🙁

But hey... this is cool (Voice of Ryo) now we can hear Rain Rock version, i love this. 😊

This channel have 4 videos, the videos are rock versions of Shenmue songs, i love this versions and subscribed to the channel.

Last edited:
Back