Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I know there's a 99.9% chance this is fake--for one, why would it come out on Steam--but where did this artwork come from (I can't find it--it really doesn't look official to me either, tbh)?

Shenmue-wallpaper-by-Betka-on-DeviantArt-1050x600.jpg

Ah, there it is. A Deviant Art image. People love faking stuff. I'm confused how that listing even got up on that site. It doesn't look like a site that takes user submissions.

I know there's a 99.9% chance this is fake--for one, why would it come out on Steam--but where did this artwork come from (I can't find it--it really doesn't look official to me either, tbh)?

Why wouldn't it come out on Steam ?

Just seems a stretch to think Shenmue IV data is already live on Steam when Shenmue 3 isn’t even out on Steam yet. That, and the fake promo art. Still curious how that ended up on that site.

I hate to be that guy but it was technically a year and 8 months between the Japanese release dates of Shenmue 1 & 2. I suspect any potential Shenmue 4 would be at least 2 years of development.
I also think it's unlikely that 3 and 4 were under simultaneous development to the same extent that 1 and 2 were. I do think there's a good chance they started working on S4 development during S3's development, yes, just not to the same degree.

Shenmue-wallpaper-by-Betka-on-DeviantArt-1050x600.jpg

Ah, there it is. A Deviant Art image. People love faking stuff. I'm confused how that listing even got up on that site. It doesn't look like a site that takes user submissions.
This kinda look like how Ryo was sitting on the ground when he got stuck with Ren on top of the building for a whole night in S2.

I share this as a positive hope, rather than a dig at III:

I'm glad there's so much good music still left to be used, and I hope IV goes back to a more consistent day/night setting for streets. I think of ominous tracks like this, which have that "searching for the bag" FREE moodiness. Imagine hunting for the Red Snakes after they ran with a tune like this!

(PS: was this used in III? I don't think so, but I haven't hunted)

I'm glad there's so much good music still left to be used, and I hope IV goes back to a more consistent day/night setting for streets. I think of ominous tracks like this, which have that "searching for the bag" FREE moodiness. Imagine hunting for the Red Snakes after they ran with a tune like this!

Yes I agree I have much confidence IV will improve a ton of what III lacked. I hope they just cut the VA for localization's and just subtitle the Japanese for all regions next go round, it would save a lot of money and give more dialog to the characters that need it.

That's a fresh take on "Waves of Morning Haze".

Back