Random Shenmue Thoughts

If Ryo would finally kill Lan Di, would the story end there or would it continue?
My best guess is that no it would not end the story. I remember that Ryo might set aside his desire for revenge as the story continues but I do not know when that is. Also, I think the prophecy is setting him up for something grander than mere revenge.

Started following this guy on instagram; he has some amazing shots that give off instant Shenmue vibes.

If Ryo would finally kill Lan Di, would the story end there or would it continue?
Maybe that would be the bad ending if Ryo chooses not to spare Lan Di and we see a flashforward sequence of Ryo walking the dark path. He wasn't satisfied by killing Lan Di and never wants to feel powerless again, so he joins the Chi You Men, so he can protect his family, (future children?) and friends, from those who may wish to avenge Lan Di. He eventually becomes one of the 4 leaders. Game over.

Yesterday i played What's Shenmue for my Shenmue channel and i noticed that in this demo Tom have a different design in his outfit.

In What's Shenmue

1633274879560.png

In the full game.

1633274899312.png

Other thing i noticed is that the QTE fight with Enoki is missable in What's Shenmue. I played yesterday, i completed the demo and this part didn't appeared, today i recorded another gameplay and this part appeared, i guess i have to be near the Tomato store at the right time.

One difference that is easy to notice is that we can't enter in the Tomato store, i saw the "Coming Soon" there.

1633276606892.png

Other difference is in the You Arcade.

In What's Shenmue - Slot Machine

1633276904768.png

In the full game - Jukebox

1633277028608.png

This is the banner i did for my Shenmue channel.

ShenmueArt.png

And this is the link to my Shenmue Channel, thank you all for the support.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why SEGA didn't released Shenmue I and II for Nintendo Switch, is a nice console to release Shenmue in my opinion. All i know is that if this happen i will buy. Playing Shenmue I and II in a portable way would be beautiful to me.

So, Sonic Colors Ultimate has this new menu for customizing Sonic and also the profile picture of your save file.
You can unlock a lot of Sonic stuff there, naturally. But there is other stuff in there aswell, like...

2lxeBPY.jpg

about 10 years or so ago after I had been playing Shenmue 2-3 times each per year for ~10 years, I'd play them while listening to surreal music like Radiohead Kid Amnesia era or Joy Division :D

For some bizarre reason, I'm getting Shenmue vibes when I listen to New Order. Every time I listen to them it makes me think of Shenmue...Not sure why.

🎵I used to think that the day would never come
When I will get revenge on Lan Di! 🎶

about 10 years or so ago after I had been playing Shenmue 2-3 times each per year for ~10 years, I'd play them while listening to surreal music like Radiohead Kid Amnesia era or Joy Division :D

forklifts were fucking INTENSE

I just backed this Kickstarter for a Sega magazine (those in the UK might remember Sega Pro in the early-mid 90's? It's the same editor!) I've pledged to review a game and if it's possible, I will pick Shenmue! (I might change my mind and go for the subscription pledge, so don't hold me to it!)

Also, there's a 16 page dummy issue to look at and one of the key staff lists Shenmue as one of his all time favourite games, so hopefully we will see lots of references!

Other thing i noticed is that the QTE fight with Enoki is missable in What's Shenmue. I played yesterday, i completed the demo and this part didn't appeared, today i recorded another gameplay and this part appeared, i guess i have to be near the Tomato store at the right time.
It's actually missable in the full game as well. You're correct that you have to be near Tomato Mart at the right time and this holds true in both What's Shenmue and Shenmue.

Absolutely, @B-Man in my 11 playthroughs, I think I've gotten Enoki just 3 or 4 times and didn't get him until the 5th playthrough, IIRC.

I decided to play all Shenmue games again, yesterday i started playing the first game again, the opening of the game is perfect in my opinion, i love this opening so much.

In the first moments of the gameplay i noticed something, i noticed that this game to me is so calm, relaxing and peaceful. I feel so calm and in peace when i play this game, it really is like a therapy for me. Talking with NPCs and trying to get to know more about them, trying to get new dialogues, searching for items, looking the animals, looking the places and much more, it is a peaceful and calm game, i love playing the Shenmue games in a slow way, i prefer like this, i love this game so much.

To me this game is not stressful at all, to me it is calm, peaceful and beautiful, even just talking about Shenmue helps me a lot but playing it is really magical for me, the soundtrack really helps a lot for me to feel calm, in peace and immersed in the game, the FREE songs are amazing, this is one of my favorites, the immersion that i feel when i play is beautiful, when i play it really feels like i'm in Yokosuka Japan, it is a unique and special feeling.

I felt this way before when i played but now after so many years without playing i felt a stronger feeling about this, this game have so many details, like i said in another post, it is the different, unique and special things about Shenmue that it is one of the reasons why i love Shenmue so much.

This time i decided that i will make a 100% save. In other words complete notebook, all cassette tapes, all capsule toys, all moves and much more.

In the begining of the game i found that maybe is not possible to do a complete notebook with just one save, i noticed in the Megumi scene if i choose the fish the old lady Kame Shibukawa will appear and i can help her, but the clue "Sumiya-san know something?" will not appear in the notebook if i talk to Mishima-san, but if i choose the Tofu then Kame will not appear but this time if i talk to Mishima-san the clue about Sumiya-san will appear in the notebook.

After that i thought... Hm... so is not possible to get this 2 clues and make a complete notebook in one save? The food that we decide to choose for the kitten in the Megumi scene really affect what clue and scene we will get after that? we can miss a clue and a scene because of the food we choose for the kitten? Wow... 😮

A lot of people here played this game hundred of times, is there a way to complete the notebook in just one save or not? i don't need to know how to do it i just need to know if is possible, because if is not possible then i will continue to progress in the game, thanks in advance.

Playing today i even had an idea for my Shenmue Channel, the idea is to make videos showing the places and much more with different weathers in the first person mode of the game like this, and to show Ryo looking at the sky and much more, I don't know if the videos will be just pictures like this or if i will record playing and then edit later but this is an example of what i want to do, this pictures are from when i played today.

I know i said this a billion times but i will say again... Shenmue is a masterpiece to me.

Edit:
Now i know that to get this 2 clues i need to choose the Tofu in the Megumi scene, talk to Mishima-san and then for this to work is important to talk to Sumiya-san, only this way Kame will appear and i can help her. Here i am learning even more things about this game. 😊

It is possible to make 100% of the notebook in the game? thanks in advance.

Shenmue_20211010185849.jpg

Yamanose.png

Last edited:
It is possible to make 100% of the notebook in the game? thanks in advance.
Not exactly, no. There’s no way through normal means to get every single entry in the notebook in a single play through. There are a few that are essentially one or the other based on decisions you make. There is a way to get all but three (?) entries, but I’ve tried it, and I wouldn’t recommend it. I think I got all of them but a fortune entry from Disc 1 or Disc 2, and didn’t notice until it was too late (continued with the attempt anyway). Massive sadge.

Back