Random Shenmue Thoughts

It's a Virtua Fighter anim :p not Akira tho
Oopsy, somehow I completely forgot about Virtua Fighter. @afterblue pointed out on YouTube it’s one of Jacky’s victory animations. That makes it at least two leftover victory poses in Shenmue, one from Akira and one from Jacky. I wonder just how many Virtua Fighter animations are still in the game left unused.

Oopsy, somehow I completely forgot about Virtua Fighter. @afterblue pointed out on YouTube it’s one of Jacky’s victory animations. That makes it at least two leftover victory poses in Shenmue, one from Akira and one from Jacky. I wonder just how many Virtua Fighter animations are still in the game left unused.

There are a lot. If you want to document them, I can give you tools for the re-releases which should let you play at least all ~1500 common animations, which typically include all of the Virtua Fighter animations. Support for playing other animations like cutscene stuff is WIP right now.

There are a lot. If you want to document them, I can give you tools for the re-releases which should let you play at least all ~1500 common animations, which typically include all of the Virtua Fighter animations. Support for playing other animations like cutscene stuff is WIP right now.
That would be amazing! If that’s all right with you, I would love to take a look and make a video about it.

That would be amazing! If that’s all right with you, I would love to take a look and make a video about it.

Hey man I'm easy, I just don't really have to document these, since for my purposes I just need the animations themselves, the actual content isn't really something I even need to know of, so I don't document them at all and pretty much just refer to them as whatever sequence name they have. I guess all I'd ask is that you credit me in some way, doesn't have to be anything big or anything, just a nod will do :) I'll send you over the tools and an anim ID list of all of the common anims you'll have access to.

Has it ever been confirmed if Mark's younger brother was killed by the Mad Angels?

I’m sure @BlueMue or other members of the community can answer this more definitely, but I don’t believe it’s ever explicitly stated. We know someone got ‘concrete boots’, whether it man who heard this information or his brother that leaked it, remains up in the air.

If you consider the Shenmue 3 phone calls canon, the fact Mark returns back to America, some could speculate that his brother never was found and thus he went home.

I’m sure @BlueMue or other members of the community can answer this more definitely, but I don’t believe it’s ever explicitly stated. We know someone got ‘concrete boots’, whether it man who heard this information or his brother that leaked it, remains up in the air.

If you consider the Shenmue 3 phone calls canon, the fact Mark returns back to America, some could speculate that his brother never was found and thus he went home.

I feel that Mark's brother being American and disappearing makes it very likely that he was the one that died. Realistically the only way he could be alive is witness protection but I doubt something like that is in Shenmue.

So with the end of Shenmue 3 the storyline is about 40% complete. So Shenmue 4&5 are gonna have to be 30% a piece to wrap up the story. These are gonna have to be some massive games with expensive DLC.

Might cause a few arguments :p

Would Shenmue be the cult classic game it is today if it had released on the Sega Saturn? I can't speak for everyone but if I had never experienced Shenmue on the Dreamcast at its height I don't think I would have the same level if appreciation I do today.🤔

I was watching one of @BlueMue Shenmue 1 videos a few days ago and I saw a free battle I've never seen before. It was against Akio Enoki and Tetsuya Nagashima behind some apartments at night with about 3 or 4 more guys. How do you trigger this fight sequence?

Back