Random Shenmue Thoughts

True. They could still easily market them with a Shenmue angle even without being branded as such.

Yes, they might be better make more complete sets for each franchise.
Although, it is still possible, then, to, concurrently
offer the sub-collections similar to the shenmue ones at discount price, as some appetizer.

Alternatively, quality shenmue-franchise line/packs of
little figures + bio/history/concept info cards could sell well :
> Set of shenhuas in costumes featured ingame+promotional pictures
> figurines of npcs, listed by areas
> figurines sets to mock up memorable cutscenes.
(frying pan Fangmei+Ryo+Thugs+restaurant-tables ; the SH2end/SH3opening scene...)

At least, these could interest shenmue colectors.

Just further confirmation there's at least a bit of Shenmue 3 for Dreamcast, let alone another small amount for XBOX from 2003/4 before the E3 announcement getting canned.

I would venture to guess that both Dreamcast and Xbox assets exist, at least.
I'd imagine in not much more than Alpha phase, but given we have Disc 4 of Shenmue II on the Saturn who knows. I'd love to ask Yu Suzuki, though I don't know if he would be allowed to tell us.

I'd imagine in not much more than Alpha phase, but given we have Disc 4 of Shenmue II on the Saturn who knows. I'd love to ask Yu Suzuki, though I don't know if he would be allowed to tell us.
There's a lot of his work at AM2 that I really wish would come to light one day. Like you said, the fact that there's footage all the way to the end of Shenmue 2 on the Saturn makes it easy to believe that there's definitely Shenmue III footage on the DC. Even more recently, Shenmue IV footage on PS4.

Even though it's slightly off topic, I would love for him to talk more about the secret Saturn Virtua Fighter III which was looking real good until it got canned. I've heard that's a sore subject for YS to talk about so he's pretty dodgy about it when asked.

In Shenmue on New Year's day don't some of the women wear kimonos? I believe I read that they also visit the shrine too. I was wondering who those characters are that wear the kimonos/visit shrine and if one is maybe Nozomi? Can you have a conversation with her in person or by phone about it being New Years or is it just normal conversation. Truly fascinating that I never knew about the New Years thing til recently.

In Shenmue on New Year's day don't some of the women wear kimonos? I believe I read that they also visit the shrine too. I was wondering who those characters are that wear the kimonos/visit shrine and if one is maybe Nozomi? Can you have a conversation with her in person or by phone about it being New Years or is it just normal conversation. Truly fascinating that I never knew about the New Years thing til recently.
I remember that only a few characters wear the kimono in New Year's day, i think it was 2 or 3 characters, i remember Noriko wearing Kimono, and i remember that Nozomi don't wear kimono this day, i talked with her in New Year's day and i remember she was wearing her normal costume.

The only time i saw Nozomi wearing Kimono was in this

978114477.jpg
1133576-nozomikimono.jpg

I remember that only a few characters wear the kimono in New Year's day, i think it was 2 or 3 characters, i remember Noriko wearing Kimono, and i remember that Nozomi don't wear kimono this day, i talked with her in New Year's day and i remember she was wearing her normal costume.
I have a save file sitting on New Year's Day, and was looking around on it a bit ago. Tajima, Miki, and one of the random school girls in Dobuita wear kimono also.

Ryo's friends hang out near the Yamanose shrine, but I think the implication is that they already took care of their Hatsumoude, so I don't think they actually visit the shrine itself, but I'm not sure.

I have a save file sitting on New Year's Day, and was looking around on it a bit ago. Tajima, Miki, and one of the random school girls in Dobuita wear kimono also.

Ryo's friends hang out near the Yamanose shrine, but I think the implication is that they already took care of their Hatsumoude, so I don't think they actually visit the shrine itself, but I'm not sure.
Well that you can test out, because there's no "presumption they did something", without actually doing it, in the Shenmue games. NPCs do infact visit the shrine, so if you see NPCs around there, maybe try coming earlier or even days leading up to such.

Last edited:

The only time i saw Nozomi wearing Kimono was in this

View attachment 9509
View attachment 9510
Yea sadly that's realistic. Except during actual festivals, It's extremely unlikely to see woman wearing their kimono's out, and about sigh. Such a shame too, hell It's a shame the oriental countries have adapted the modern western, flavorless as all hell, clothing..

Back