Random Shenmue Thoughts

I was having a few beers at home the other day, started playing Shenmue Undub Definitive Edition. I was using a stubby holder for my beer and I thought to myself I would love to have a Shenmue stubby holder.
I did a quick google search and I couldn't find any. I also realise that I would probably be the only one that has ever wanted a Shenmue stubby holder haha..

Anyway, I might actually look into how much it would cost to get some made up🤔

Ryo is back

shenmue-sega-tubbz-product-image-2_800x.progressive.jpg

In duck form :ROFLMAO:

For the person who posted the article on the main page, here is the link for people that live in the US.

Ordered myself one just because, SHENMUE MERCH!
Ryo Duck.JPG

I like how visiting fortune tellers can reveal some foreshadowing on what’s to come.

this specific interaction has been on my mind the most, wonder if they’re referring to Shenhua or someone else that hasn’t been introduced yet??

Attachments

• A9921E34-F1AE-4C03-B4DF-B26DDF43AA75.png
    A9921E34-F1AE-4C03-B4DF-B26DDF43AA75.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 14BDC5FF-29DF-4311-9D8F-A2E64B4D4901.png
    14BDC5FF-29DF-4311-9D8F-A2E64B4D4901.png
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • 8F983B1F-74E8-4056-A980-06BCC386381E.png
    8F983B1F-74E8-4056-A980-06BCC386381E.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 15
  • C0923981-3F6E-40DA-BE03-84579A3AC364.png
    C0923981-3F6E-40DA-BE03-84579A3AC364.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 2233658A-9DC0-4959-84FB-7F56C8E4D105.png
    2233658A-9DC0-4959-84FB-7F56C8E4D105.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 17
I like how visiting fortune tellers can reveal some foreshadowing on what’s to come.

this specific interaction has been on my mind the most, wonder if they’re referring to Shenhua or someone else that hasn’t been introduced yet??
i thought the fortune tellers gave you ingame tips and not really "easter eggs"? so if i had to guess i would say she was talking about Fangmei sweeping man mo temple? + there is a red tree in the courtyard of the temple.

i thought the fortune tellers gave you ingame tips and not really "easter eggs"? so if i had to guess i would say she was talking about Fangmei sweeping man mo temple? + there is a red tree in the courtyard of the temple.
Yeah that’s what I thought immediately. A reference to Fangmei and her unrequited love for Ryo which she sort of communicates if you complete her side quest.

Yeah that’s what I thought immediately. A reference to Fangmei and her unrequited love for Ryo which she sort of communicates if you complete her side quest.
is that the birthday present quest? that's the one side quest ive never done.

Oh yeah that’s true, I think you’re completely right. Didn’t occur to me it was about fangmei lol.

is that the birthday present quest? that's the one side quest ive never done.
Yes and if you complete it you get an additional scene with her outside Man Mo Temple before Ryo departs for Kowloon where she shares her feelings with Ryo.

As the quest is quite involved and requires a lot of specific timing I think I’ve only done it a couple of times in my many playthroughs of Shenmue 2.

Reactions: red
it would definitely be cool if Yu Suzuki did hide spoilers or easter eggs in plain sight using NPC's / fortunetellers but the way some expert fans here have deconstructed the 3 games, i think it would of been spotted by now? personally i don't remember any thing like that.

then again, when we get to the end of the story..maybe it will be painfully obvious what was going to happen and we will notice tones of stuff in the older games? ( hints / easter eggs)

it would definitely be cool if Yu Suzuki did hide spoilers or easter eggs in plain sight using NPC's / fortunetellers but the way some expert fans here have deconstructed the 3 games, i think it would of been spotted by now? personally i don't remember any thing like that.

then again, when we get to the end of the story..maybe it will be painfully obvious what was going to happen and we will notice tones of stuff in the older games? ( hints / easter eggs)
there’s another conversation where the fortune teller told Ryo that a woman with red hair will pose a danger to him, which I think is definitely a nod to Niao Sun, they also say 2 paths will become one (subtle foreshadowing to Ryo and Shenhua’s destined confrontation at the end of the game) there’s more that I‘ve noticed but In short, I think Yu has definitely used Shenmue’s world to subtly hint/foreshadow stuff

Reactions: red
there’s another conversation where the fortune teller told Ryo that a woman with red hair will pose a danger to him, which I think is definitely a nod to Niao Sun, they also say 2 paths will become one (subtle foreshadowing to Ryo and Shenhua’s destined confrontation at the end of the game) there’s more that I‘ve noticed but In short, I think Yu has definitely used Shenmue’s world to subtly hint/foreshadow stuff
Niao Sun had jet black hair in all promotional material up until her makeover was revealed for Shenmue III, so I reckon the mention of red hair is a reference to Joy or, at a stretch, Chunyan. Joy, herself, doesn't put Ryo in danger, but such situations arise as a result of their paths crossing.

Niao Sun had jet black hair in all promotional material up until her makeover was revealed for Shenmue III, so I reckon the mention of red hair is a reference to Joy or, at a stretch, Chunyan. Joy, herself, doesn't put Ryo in danger, but such situations arise as a result of their paths crossing.
I’ve gotten so used to the Shenmue 3 design I didn’t even think of that, now that you mention it, it’s probably referring to Joy because I went back and they do say the woman with red hair is on a big red machine (probably her motorcycle?)

I’ve gotten so used to the Shenmue 3 design I didn’t even think of that, now that you mention it, it’s probably referring to Joy because I went back and they do say the woman with red hair is on a big red machine (probably her motorcycle?)
You're evoking images in my mind of Joy going all reverse cowgirl on Kane. I ain't complaining 😉

Back