Random Shenmue Thoughts

Could the person be Yuan? Depends on which version of the game you're playing, I guess, to determine if the pronoun is accurate.

Could the person be Yuan? Depends on which version of the game you're playing, I guess, to determine if the pronoun is accurate.
I've never heard that particular line from the fortune teller, but if red hair and a red machine are mentioned, it's safe to say she isn't talking about Yuan.

I've never heard that particular line from the fortune teller, but if red hair and a red machine are mentioned, it's safe to say she isn't talking about Yuan.
I mean, Yuan could use a red machine in some way, ya never know...

• Haha
Reactions: red
I mean, Yuan could use a red machine in some way, ya never know...
No wonder she was running so funny when she was chasing Ryo and Ren with the chainsaw. In fact, was it even the chainsaw making that buzzing sound? 🤔

With the sudden death of Berserk creator Kentaro Miura who spent his entire life on really this one story, am I the only one who selfishly couldn’t help but think about Yu Suzuki?
Not at all selfish to worry about the mortality of someone you respect and hold in high esteem.

I recall reading that the Devs wanted Ren to be more of a villain at first, but as they worked more on the game, they grew attached to him and changed him to be more of an anti-hero by the end. Does anyone have a source for that? Sounds plausible, but I find it difficult to imagine a story where Ren and Ryo weren't ever "sorta" friends. Maybe they were "unwilling allies" at first? TBH I'm glad they changed it.

I recall reading that the Devs wanted Ren to be more of a villain at first, but as they worked more on the game, they grew attached to him and changed him to be more of an anti-hero by the end. Does anyone have a source for that? Sounds plausible, but I find it difficult to imagine a story where Ren and Ryo weren't ever "sorta" friends. Maybe they were "unwilling allies" at first? TBH I'm glad they changed it.
never heard that before. but they made him seem pretty evil in the start of shenmue 2.. he even kills ryo with a knife, if you fail a qte.

never heard that before. but they made him seem pretty evil in the start of shenmue 2.. he even kills ryo with a knife, if you fail a qte.
I never understood this part. I failed the QTE at first, and from my recollection, it does look like Ryo gets slashed in the throat, but there is no game over or anything, just a reset to outside the warehouse with Ren now gone.

I never understood this part. I failed the QTE at first, and from my recollection, it does look like Ryo gets slashed in the throat, but there is no game over or anything, just a reset to outside the warehouse with Ren now gone.
yes it was a reset(?) i always thought ryo died? but maybe i'm remembering that wrong.

if you remove that one section from shenmue 2, ren wouldn't seem that dangerous.. but as is, he doesn't come off as a 100% good guy.

Agreed, in anticipation of meeting Ren in Shenmue 2 the NPCs made it seem like Ren was truly a evil person. At best Ren is just a thief.

I feel like there should be a Shenmue 4 announcement at this year's E3. The only way I could see this not happening is if they want to correlate Shenmue 4 announcement with the Shenmue anime. Announcing Shenmue 4 at E3 would make more sense thats were it will get the most exposure or they could announce it with Sony's digital presentation. IMO if we don't get a Shenmue announcement relatively soon it doesn't look good for the series. Shenmue needs momentum.

Just found this amazing relaxing music video with landscapes similar to Guilin; its really a treat to listen and to watch.
Makes me desire even more to visit Guilin some day. It has become my nº 1 Shenmue spot to visit.

Back