Random Shenmue Thoughts

A part of me wonders if the mirrors have the power to interact with one's subconscious. When Ryo first attained the Phoenix Mirror is when he started having dreams about meeting Shenhua. Or maybe it is a mix of Shenhua's abilities and the mirrors. Maybe I am reading too much into this but I think the mirrors have multiple functions.

Would be interesting if the mirrors have multiple functions, i think is possible. If is just money then i will not like it, i feel is more than that.

"A Dragon shall emerge from the earth and dark clouds
shall obscure the heavens.
A Phoenix shall descend from above,
Its wings will create a purple wind.
In the midst of the pitch-black night
a morning star shall glisten... alone..."

I always imagine what will happen when the two mirrors are together. We will really see this things happening this way? maybe there are more ways that we can interpret this. If this happen this way it will probably be the most mystical moment in the Shenmue series.

Last edited:
A part of me wonders if the mirrors have the power to interact with one's subconscious. When Ryo first attained the Phoenix Mirror is when he started having dreams about meeting Shenhua. Or maybe it is a mix of Shenhua's abilities and the mirrors. Maybe I am reading too much into this but I think the mirrors have multiple functions.

No Context Shenmue (@ShenmueContext) | Twitter

Life imitates Shenmue.

:LOL:

Seriously though, **** Merc. Hate teams that win just because they have money.

Question for people here, how many times you played the Shenmue games from beginning to the end? my first time finishing the first Shenmue i think it was in 2015.

I finished Shenmue Chapter 1: Yokosuka three times, Shenmue II just one time and Shenmue III one time as well, i like all the games in the series and i have plans to finish more times is just that i'm playing other games, i have plans to play all Shenmue games again this year.

Question for people here, how many times have had have you played the Shenmue games from beginning to the end? my first time finishing the first Shenmue I think it was in 2015.

I finished Shenmue Chapter 1: Yokosuka three times, Shenmue II just one time and Shenmue III one time as well, I like all the games in the series and I have plans to finish more times is just that I'm playing other games, I have plans to play all Shenmue games again this year.
The first two titles: Too many times to count.
Shenmue III: I have played it about two to three times.

Question for people here, how many times you played the Shenmue games from beginning to the end? my first time finishing the first Shenmue i think it was in 2015.

I finished Shenmue Chapter 1: Yokosuka three times, Shenmue II just one time and Shenmue III one time as well, i like all the games in the series and i have plans to finish more times is just that i'm playing other games, i have plans to play all Shenmue games again this year.
Honestly; I've lost count; but I can say that I usually played Shenmue 1&2 at least once per year since 2002 until 2019 when Shenmue 3 was released.
Since then I've played Shenmue 3 two Times on my PS4 and One on my new laptop.
I've always liked replaying the Shenmue series mostly around Christmas; specially Shenmue 1 or Shenmue 2 during my summer vacations; I guess it became somewhat of a tradition replaying them in these periods because of the vibe they transmited when playing them.
Funny thing is that since Shenmue 3 came out it has been the One that I've wanted to Replay ever since.
I know that mostly it is because I've replayed the first two many many Times before and that it is natural for me wanting to Replay Shenmue 3 because it is the most recent; but nevertheless I believe it is because that out of all the three it is the One that I most enjoy the gameplay overhaul and it is the One that I can pick up at anytime and play just for the fun of it.
I believe it is One of the things in wich Shenmue 3 is far superior in regards to Shenmue 1&2.

Shenmue: about thirty-five times
Shenmue II: about twenty times
Shenmue III: once

Honestly; I've lost count; but I can say that I usually played Shenmue 1&2 at least once per year since 2002 until 2019 when Shenmue 3 was released.
Since then I've played Shenmue 3 two Times on my PS4 and One on my new laptop.
I've always liked replaying the Shenmue series mostly around Christmas; specially Shenmue 1 or Shenmue 2 during my summer vacations; I guess it became somewhat of a tradition replaying them in these periods because of the vibe they transmited when playing them.
Funny thing is that since Shenmue 3 came out it has been the One that I've wanted to Replay ever since.
I know that mostly it is because I've replayed the first two many many Times before and that it is natural for me wanting to Replay Shenmue 3 because it is the most recent; but nevertheless I believe it is because that out of all the three it is the One that I most enjoy the gameplay overhaul and it is the One that I can pick up at anytime and play just for the fun of it.
I believe it is One of the things in wich Shenmue 3 is far superior in regards to Shenmue 1&2.

I see that the fans played Shenmue I and II a lot for so many years while waiting for any news about Shenmue III, always believing about the continuation of the series, the Shenmue community never gave up and this is beautiful.

It is because the Shenmue community never gave up that we got Shenmue I and II HD, it is because the community never gave up that we got Shenmue III, and of course because Yu Suzuki never gave up as well, Shenmue III is here after so many years so i think Shenmue IV is possible as well.

The Shenmue community is one of the most passionate and dedicated communities i have ever saw, i am proud and happy to be part of this wonderful community. 💜

I really want to finish all the Shenmue games at least once per year like this.

What's 'mue?: Once every year from 2010-2018.
'mue: once in 2006 (started it in 2005), then once every year from 2009-2018.
'mue II: once in 2008, then once every year from 2009-2018
'mue III: once in 2020 (started it in 2019. Man, Christmastime was busy that year...)

Unless they are a quick, arcade-style title, I DON'T replay long games. Ever.

These and the RGG/Yakuza titles, are the only games like this where I've played them more than once.

Honestly not sure how many times I've replayed 1 & 2 since about 2001. It's all a blur.

For Shenmue 3, I've beaten it 5 times since launch. Love that game!

Nice to see Shenmue mentioned here.

I've done an e-mail relating to it, so hopefully it'll be posted tomorrow.

My first time playing Shenmue was around 2011. I didn’t know that the game was three discs long at the time and when I bought the game it was just discs one and two in a generic CD case. The second disc crashed on me and I never could get it to work again. I was finally able to play the entire game when the HD rerelease came out and I’ve beaten it three times so far. I picked up Shenmue II for Xbox around 2013 and played it on the 360, which was a horrible idea because the 360 controller’s d pad messed me up one too many times when it came to the QTEs, but I beat that version once. I’m currently in my third playthrough of Shenmue II HD. Shenmue III I’ve only played through once but I’d love to play it again but at the moment I do not have a PS4 anymore and a friend of mine has my copy of III.

So my letter did get posted. To be fair, they post almost anything so long as it's readable haha. I think the website still has a large reach, but it's hard to say.

Back