Ranking The Shenmue Games Favorite to Least Favorite

Favourite title
Shenmue
What is everyone's rank for best, middle and least Shenmue game and why?? I have to think on this a little more as I just completed the first and second one again and am going through part three again right now. I will share an update once I make a decision. For those that already know, I'm curious about your order and why you have chosen to rank them that way.

I'll start by keeping to the spirit of the thread. My opinion purely from gameplay/content is 2/3/1 - I feel bad about this because S1 has some amazing individual moments and content. Just I got a little more out of S2 gameplay wise.

I was going to put 1/2/3 which I think is not in the spirit of the thread however IMO... S2 couldn't have been as good as it was without my personal experiences with S1. S3 isn't as fun/emotion provoking without S1 or 2.

What I'm trying to say is: You really need all three in order. Starting at S2 for example is doing a big disservice to your experience.

But that's just me lol.

1 For me, outstanding surprise, barely like ff7/xenogears (psx) or chrono trigger/FF III us (snes) xenoblade (wii) . hard work then bought systems just for these.
2 Nice follow. maybe a little too speed for me in fights, as I like to appreciate the time in effort.
3 magic still occur, though some disapointments (where are umbrellas?) still waiting for mods or dlc patches for neat changes. Will see then.

Back