real life qte title arcade machine

Kenzo130

"Probably not the youngest shenmue fan anymore :("
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Hood Story: Kaito Yamazaki
hi, i found this arcade machine on the internet its name is "big title" it was designed by togo, it is the same arcade machine as the one in shenmue 1 and 3 i didn't know until today that this arcade machine does exist in real life, i would like to know if it still exists and I would like to have information about this arcade machine thank you. (sorry for my bad english)
180px-BigTitle_Arcade_Cabinet.jpg

I'm wondering if any are still up in operation today at just some random mom and pop arcade?

But it would be highly unlikely since punching games take a lot more upkeep then something like Pac-Man?

Or if there are any left are they just in the possession of Private collectors?

One thing a lot of arcade machine manufactures did back in the day was recall units from arcade owners and re-assemble them into new machines to cut costs and provide another service to arcade owners Nintendo did it with Donkey Kong taking old Radar Scopes units and converting them to Donkey Kong Cabinets. Which makes collecting old arcade units one of the hardest things to collect and document, not mention service/repair since most of the parts have not been manufactured since their original production.

I recently purchased an old 1964 Midway Trophy Gun Cabinet, an old mechanical gun game that predates pong. I have it in storage now, but in the future I want to restore it, but finding parts will be a nightmare. I also have an old pachinko machine it's from the 70's or 80's I can't remember but I plan on fixing sometime in the future.

So moving forward to discover more about "Big Title" is to find out what other punching games were being made around that time frame with a similar build, because it's always possible that Sega or another company bought up the units up and repurposed them into something new.

Yu Suzuki was big in the arcade world for Sega and maybe at some point he crossed paths with this unit and fell in love it and placed it into Shenmue as a means to persevere it.

I will do some more digging into other punching games and try to find something but if we find that paper trail we find "Big Title" I love lost Media and old arcade games are among the hardest to track down, like the time Capcom made a wack-a-mole unit for Street Fighter II, I think only 1 or 2 are known to still exist today. So if there is a Big Title unit out there it would most likely be in the hands of a private collector.

Last edited:
Back