Recent Gaming Purchases

I wasn't going to reply because you completely missed the point, but that's fine.

otbr hates Yakuza:

(in the Tomb Raider thread)
Rise and Shadow however are some of the most underrated and best games of the last generation, especially coming out during a generation full of generic and low quality 3rd person titles like Yakuza

(In the, "What Are You Playing?" Topic)
very much reminds me of earlier GTA 3, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas style of gameplay with 2013 era graphics. It's far better than anything Yakuza related

(in the Yakuza Topic)
but the modern day games aren't enjoyable to say the least

(in the "announcement about Shenmue Incoming," thread)
At Sega he had that jerk who created the Yakuza games
:LOL: the cheesy TR classics eh? Still better than anything Yakuza
I love the Tomb Raider reboot Trilogy so you're not alone, I have bad taste too! I figure it could be worse though, I could be a Yakuza fan

(in the Tsushima Thread)
I'm glad they didn't ruin the game with making another predictable samurai title or something modern Japanese inspired that's trying to be trendy, edgy and cool but isn't(like Yakuza).
I'm incredibly thankful this dude and his studio didn't work on this game. He doesn't seem to have the capacity to do that given the way the Yakuza games present themselves.
Yakuza is like a generic Sleeping Dogs(and SD wasn't even that good)

(from the SegaSammy Thread)
If Shenmue became GTA: Bailu Village or Call of Duty: Kowloon it would have more success commercially but it would be franchise suicide for the spirit, moral message and essence of what makes it Shenmue....so in other words we could just call it Yakuza lol

(from the, "Games Similar to Shenmue," Thread)
Yakuza is definitely garbage,

Just some of the otbr collection of Yakuza bashing. Out of 274 posts on this message board, 10% of your posts have taken the piss out of something, because you don't like it (and only 2 posts {that I didn't include here} are in the actual Yakuza thread). But no, as you can see above, not only do you not like it, YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SHIT ON THE SERIES; why? Not to mention, the majority of those posts up there aren't passing off your opinion as opinion:

"The Modern Day games aren't enjoyable to say the least." (statement, not opinion)
":LOL: the cheesy TR classics eh? Still better than anything Yakuza." (statement, not opinion)
"I have bad taste too! I figure it could be worse though, I could be a Yakuza fan." (SOOOOOOO a statement and not opinion)
"It's far better than anything Yakuza related." (Statement, not opinion)

I mean, come on; you hate something with a passion and (wrongly/unnecessarily) take the piss out of it as a result, passing your statements as fact and you tell me that mine aren't based in fact? Really?

I have completely-finished the first three Rush games, in my lifetime (and if you have played 2049 to its fullest, you would know that it takes *months* to complete) and have played them beyond merely completing them, a shit-ton as well; beyond actual coding and technical stuff, I know every single little detail there is to know about all three games, from top to bottom.

"The wings suck: My opinion. The wings don't suck; your opinion."

Did you know that you can turn wings off or, you know, just not press the button for wings during gameplay, if that mechanic bothers you that much? Therefore, if the game gives you the opportunity to play as you wish, ALLOWING YOU TO ELIMINATE THE MECHANIC THAT YOU DISLIKE, and you still bash it as a result, then you aren't giving the game a fair shake and you're giving your opinion, based on false pretentions/agendas, while passing it off as fact; you're no different than Sega Lord X.

If it truly was your opinion, you would say, "I'm not a fan of 2049, because I don't like the Wing mechanic." Instead, you wrote:

2049 is the worst of the four..the cars have wings!!

Clearly, a statement meant to pass off as fact and not opinion.

Furthermore, I don't know how objectively, one can say that Rush 2 is better than 2049:

- 2049 plays better (more-responsive controls, more options, better challenge, wings allow for a ton of gameplay variation)
- 2049 looks better (runs at 60 FPS, smoothly, with no slowdown, crisp, clean graphics)
- 2049 (was) playable online and could connect simultaneously to arcade cabinets, allowing for a more immersing/fun experience
- 2049 has significantly-more replay value (more things to do, more options, more of everything, save for number of vehicles)

These are FACTS, not opinion; you can like Rush 2's rougher, more retro-look, but it does not looks better than 2049. You can like the fact that Rush 2 has no wings and is a more simple, classic-style of arcade racer, but that doesn't mean that the wings don't allow for more varied and fun gameplay in 2049 and that it allows for a ton of extra options and things to do (Stunt, Obstacle, shortcuts in races, etc.).

The only subjective thing that 2049 has better is the soundtrack; Drum and Bass/Electronica is not everyone's cup of tea, despite the tracks being of incredible quality.

Therefore, in my extensive knowledge (and this isn't puffing up my ego or anything; I have spent hundreds of hours on all of the games, thus I think I know them pretty well) of the first 3 games of the series and my critical mind, honed by years of University and improving the way I look at things:

Rush 2049 is the best game in the series, bar none
Absolutely stand by it and I think I have stated my case more-than sufficiently.

Notice I didn't once mention LA Rush? 'cause I've never played it and have seen maybe 3 SSs in my life: I have 0 knowledge of that game, so I don't bash it or anything.

Sorry, I'll modify my statement above:

"Rush 2049 is the best game of the first 3, bar none."

Happy now?

My copy of Paprium arrived!

I tried it out this afternoon for 20 minutes or so. It looks and plays amazingly well in my opinion.

Awesome! :D I emailed Fonzie last week to inquire about what address everything will be sent to, as I don't know if he has the correct address (I've moved 5 times since then lol) and haven't heard back yet, but I trust everything will work out, since I can always swing by the address I would've had at the time and have them redirect it to me (or pick it up in person).

I'm glad you're enjoying it! From seeing the snippets I have, it looks great!

Last edited:
I wasn't going to reply because you completely missed the point, but that's fine.

otbr hates Yakuza:

(in the Tomb Raider thread)

(In the, "What Are You Playing?" Topic)

(in the Yakuza Topic)

(in the "announcement about Shenmue Incoming," thread)

(in the Tsushima Thread)

(from the SegaSammy Thread)

(from the, "Games Similar to Shenmue," Thread)

Just some of the otbr collection of Yakuza bashing. Out of 274 posts on this message board, 10% of your posts have taken the piss out of something, because you don't like it (and only 2 posts {that I didn't include here} are in the actual Yakuza thread). But no, as you can see above, not only do you not like it, YOU GO OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SHIT ON THE SERIES; why? Not to mention, the majority of those posts up there aren't passing off your opinion as opinion:

"The Modern Day games aren't enjoyable to say the least." (statement, not opinion)
":LOL: the cheesy TR classics eh? Still better than anything Yakuza." (statement, not opinion)
"I have bad taste too! I figure it could be worse though, I could be a Yakuza fan." (SOOOOOOO a statement and not opinion)
"It's far better than anything Yakuza related." (Statement, not opinion)

I mean, come on; you hate something with a passion and (wrongly/unnecessarily) take the piss out of it as a result, passing your statements as fact and you tell me that mine aren't based in fact? Really?

I have completely-finished the first three Rush games, in my lifetime (and if you have played 2049 to its fullest, you would know that it takes *months* to complete) and have played them beyond merely completing them, a shit-ton as well; beyond actual coding and technical stuff, I know every single little detail there is to know about all three games, from top to bottom.

Did you know that you can turn wings off or, you know, just not press the button for wings during gameplay, if that mechanic bothers you that much? Therefore, if the game gives you the opportunity to play as you wish, ALLOWING YOU TO ELIMINATE THE MECHANIC THAT YOU DISLIKE, and you still bash it as a result, then you aren't giving the game a fair shake and you're giving your opinion, based on false pretentions/agendas, while passing it off as fact; you're no different than Sega Lord X.

If it truly was your opinion, you would say, "I'm not a fan of 2049, because I don't like the Wing mechanic." Instead, you wrote:

Clearly, a statement meant to pass off as fact and not opinion.

Furthermore, I don't know how objectively, one can say that Rush 2 is better than 2049:

- 2049 plays better (more-responsive controls, more options, better challenge, wings allow for a ton of gameplay variation)
- 2049 looks better (runs at 60 FPS, smoothly, with no slowdown, crisp, clean graphics)
- 2049 (was) playable online and could connect simultaneously to arcade cabinets, allowing for a more immersing/fun experience
- 2049 has significantly-more replay value (more things to do, more options, more of everything, save for number of vehicles)

These are FACTS, not opinion; you can like Rush 2's rougher, more retro-look, but it does not looks better than 2049. You can like the fact that Rush 2 has no wings and is a more simple, classic-style of arcade racer, but that doesn't mean that the wings don't allow for more varied and fun gameplay in 2049 and that it allows for a ton of extra options and things to do (Stunt, Obstacle, shortcuts in races, etc.).

The only subjective thing that 2049 has better is the soundtrack; Drum and Bass/Electronica is not everyone's cup of tea, despite the tracks being of incredible quality.

Therefore, in my extensive knowledge (and this isn't puffing up my ego or anything; I have spent hundreds of hours on all of the games, thus I think I know them pretty well) of the first 3 games of the series and my critical mind, honed by years of University and improving the way I look at things:

Absolutely stand by it and I think I have stated my case more-than sufficiently.

Notice I didn't once mention LA Rush? 'cause I've never played it and have seen maybe 3 SSs in my life: I have 0 knowledge of that game, so I don't bash it or anything.

Sorry, I'll modify my statement above:

"Rush 2049 is the best game of the first 3, bar none."

Happy now?

Awesome! :D I emailed Fonzie last week to inquire about what address everything will be sent to, as I don't know if he has the correct address (I've moved 5 times since then lol) and haven't heard back yet, but I trust everything will work out, since I can always swing by the address I would've had at the time and have them redirect it to me (or pick it up in person).

I'm glad you're enjoying it! From seeing the snippets I have, it looks great!
Don't worry, he'll move on from Yakuza and right on to Cyberpunk.

Wait, he's doing both at the same time....

Street Fighter: Anniversary Edition.

Never played the original Street Fighter or Street Fighter 3. I know there's been a lot of spin-offs and upgraded versions but it's interesting that such a franchise only has 7 or so main installments (with a whole bunch of filler).

I do appreciate the more serious tone of the previous games, especially the Alpha series. I hate the mood of the latest two games with the cartoonist characters and random nonsense it pretty much all the stages.

Amazon Japan really is rapid. Ordered on Sunday and arrived today.

135833274_10158676263345803_342501977343

Was just going to buy the controllers as a dummy run, but couldn't turn down the Jpn MD mini at 6500 yen (£46) now I have 4 suitable controllers and no ACMini to use them on
:lol:
I'm waiting for the arcade stick to come back in stock and will order both together.

135833273_10158676263585803_805409202948

Pad works great on CoinOps though
:)

yes amazon.co.jp ships really fast.I also had very good experiences with them. And funny coincidence that you got yourself a japanese mega drive mini for yourself. I was thinking of getting one of them as well in the near future.

I have the UK Mega Drive mini, but I do love that big gold 16-Bit logo and blue reset on the Japanese model. The two extra pads are nice. I have Hakchi installed on my UK one so will use that for extras and keep this one stock I think.

Yeah, I ordered the Shenmue I & II Special Edition from Amazon Japan a few years back. Was my first time using them and I was really surprised at how smooth the whole process was.

Yeah have heard many good things about Lion King. it is on my to buy list as well. Thanks for the advice.

CED37BC9-32AD-42E1-8937-B814D4EAB55A.png
Saw a video on this from last November that said it’s $600 and pretty good for the value. Unfortunately the lowest I can find it for is about $680 but I decided to jump on it and it should be delivered next month if things go right. Just tired of getting crappy $500 laptops that can run some games ok but not many and typically don’t hold a lot. Hoping I can just use my tv as a monitor.

Breakdown from the original Xbox is currently free for life for Xbox Live Games with Gold members. I played this game through back in 2004 when it came out, it's an old school Namco title so it's a sleeper. The game is unique and one of a kind and has aged fairly well. It's a first person fighting game with physics and science twists, some shooting aspects as well to round it out. The price is right, I wouldn't miss out on this if you're looking for something to spend a few days on.

Breakdown is on my to play list for sure. Do not have Xbox live though so I need to wait until I find a cheap copy for it. Tested my classic xbox already and it is still working. So I can pay it for sure at one point in the future.

I just purchased a cheap copy of Daytona Circuit Edition for my Saturn on amazon.co.jp.

Breakdown is on my to play list for sure. Do not have Xbox live though so I need to wait until I find a cheap copy for it. Tested my classic xbox already and it is still working. So I can pay it for sure at one point in the future.

I just purchased a cheap copy of Daytona Circuit Edition for my Saturn on amazon.co.jp.
You can get Xbox Live for $1 for the first month if you have a Series or One generation console. I believe Breakdown is also 360 backwards compatible. It's $10 digitally otherwise.

Daytona for Saturn is still the best racing game on the Saturn, good purchase.

Decided to go back on the computer stuff for now, especially after doing more research as well as finally getting an interview tomorrow. Perhaps I can save a bit more for an upgrade that’s more substantial and will last longer. Thing is, I keep hearing about a shortage of parts and other things messing with the prices of DIY builds but I don’t even know if that’s jacking up the price of prebuilt stuff either.

In the meantime, I did get SnowRunner a few days ago which has been pretty fun, if a bit frustrating in unexpected ways - but a lot of that is a welcome challenge.

Did not see much in the PSN sale worth getting until I came across Far Cry: New Dawn for around $11. I remember not really feeling the vibe when it was first announced, even less so with how 5 ended, but figured I’d give it a shot. So far it’s better than expected. Story seems a little more on the back burner sadly even with more specific missions, some of the writing is a bit cringe, and if I’d played it right after it might have just felt like a DLC, but the gameplay and the setting in a sort of fresh take on post apocalyptic world seem good enough to make it feel new and fun. Hoping the story picks up because I mostly enjoyed 5 and have a little more appreciation of the ending after some thought.

Thinking about Vanquish next, and maybe the PS4 version of Bayonetta. Not sure whether I want DMC5 on PS4 or whether I should try it on my laptop. A lot of games do run ok on low settings but many aren’t exactly fast paced action so it’s hard to say. I had it on my Japanese PSN account to avoid censorship until that inexplicably got taken down and I lost access to all my games on there unfortunately.

Recently scored Zelda: Link Between Worlds for $10 (not pictured here) but didn't have the 3DS to play it on...saw this set pop on Craigs List for $175 and jumped on it! The system is a 3DS XL and in really great shape. Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong and Smash I'll keep, and I can sell the Pokemon games and probably recoup at least $75 meaning I got the 3DS, a case and 3 great games for $100. Might keep Pokemon Moon since I haven't played a Pokemon game since Gold/Crystal.

The only downside to this is my backlog of games I need to play (and want to purchase) has just about doubled. Really want to snag the N64 Zelda ports and Metroid: Samus Returns.

Glad I got this because the 3DS is harder and harder to find these days since it was discontinued a few months ago.

Attachments

• PXL_20210119_040013360.jpg
    PXL_20210119_040013360.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
Decided to go back on the computer stuff for now, especially after doing more research as well as finally getting an interview tomorrow. Perhaps I can save a bit more for an upgrade that’s more substantial and will last longer. Thing is, I keep hearing about a shortage of parts and other things messing with the prices of DIY builds but I don’t even know if that’s jacking up the price of prebuilt stuff either.
Despite the current supply issues, I'd definitely at least consider the DIY route. You can get a lot more value for money by building a PC yourself! Yeah, the shortages are kinda brutal at the moment, but stuff does pop up from time to time so it can be done with a little perseverance.

Back