Recent Gaming Purchases

Well I tried the demos and I think I agree with you, 5LR seems more like my cup of tea. I'm playing on PC so unfortunately I don't get the upgraded visual assets/engine of the Xbone/PS4 versions, and tbh I don't like all the bloom, but w/e I can adjust. Color saturation is also too low by default imo, but thankfully that's something you can crank with an AMD or Nvidia GPU. 6 is quite a lot better looking imo. Really, it's shockingly pretty. it's something I've never noticed from screenshots.

But ultimately, as good as it feels to play (it really does feel good)... I dunno, it's kind of weird to say, but I feel like it actually feels a little TOO buttoned down and streamlined? 5LR just feels faster, looser, and a little more raw. It just feels more like a DOA game, I guess? And the VF characters are a big draw, too. Also, call me shallow but... I couldn't get over Kasumi and Ayane having smaller boobs in 6?? Or at least it looks that way to me. It just seems wrong...

But yeah, this is looking like a great overall package. I just wanna wait for a sale since I'm a cheap bastard and it's been out for several years now.

1.jpg
Very cool!

I didn't have any graphical issues with either but granted I'm mainly playing them on Xbox Series and have played them on XB1 before that. Also when I tried them on PS5(and PS4 as well)they both look really good. With 5 not looking as good I just keep in mind that it's an Xbox 360/PS3 era title from 2012 whereas 6 is from 2019. 6 isn't MK11 when it comes to graphics(or even game quality)but it looks really nice regardless.

6 is streamlined with the fatal blow button being added, which personally doesn't bother me but I've heard complaints from people that enjoy playing competitively. For me having Pai Chan and Sarah was a huge bonus, even so much so to the point that I didn't feel the need to bother returning to VF at the time I started playing these. Since then I've come around to giving VF another chance on the recommendation of a dojo member that has good taste, and I've learned to enjoy VF again for the first time since the early 90s, but I still prefer DOA 5 over VF5 overall, and playing with the 2 VF characters is one of the big selling points on DOA5 for me. The more I think about it DOA5LR may be my favorite fighting game outside of the Mortal Kombat franchise. Kasumi and Ayane were covered up more in 6 on their default costumes more than the previous games, its not so much a boob size issue. Both DOA6 and MK11 released in the same month and had complaints about them allegedly toning down the sex appeal to please the feminist liberals but in reality the characters in both games still have skin tight clothes, a womans figure and features and there's plenty of sex appeal costumes in DOA 6 outside of the standard costumes. For me, I don't care one way or the other on whether the costumes are more or less revealing, as long as they fit the characters personality. So, no ridiculous lingerie, cheerleader, football or santa costumes for me. As you can see in the photo, plenty of skin showing in DOA6.

I'm curious to know what you think of either game, once you get into the full swing of playing the complete versions.

Glad to see you got Bloody Roar 4! Tekken Tag is one of the top Tekken titles, DOA 2 is solid and Red Ninja is actually a lot better than it got credit for. In gameplay style its the closest thing I've played to Tenchu aside from Shinobido.
Yes I like Bloody Roar 4 so far. Not a masterpiece but solid Fighting Game.The PS2 Version of DOA 2 is also cool. I experiencend it for the first time after only playing the Dreamcast Version for over 20 years. I still prefer the DC version but the Ps2 Version is worthy edition to my collection as big DOA fan. In fact DOA 2 is still my favourite DOA game of all times. I also like the first one a lot and from the newer games I like 5 the best. 6 is also not as bad as some people say It is a solid game but I like 5 a bit more.

Red Ninja is nice Technu like game indeed. The camera is horrible to be honest but i can overlook that flaw. because I really the Japan setting and the atmosphere is quite good. The weapons are also nice. Besides the horrible camera and controls it s worthy spirtual sucessor to the Tenchu game. The art style is also quite nice.

I have not played Shinobido yet but it looks interesting as well. I sould give it a try at some point in the future

Yes I like Bloody Roar 4 so far. Not a masterpiece but solid Fighting Game.The PS2 Version of DOA 2 is also cool. I experiencend it for the first time after only playing the Dreamcast Version for over 20 years. I still prefer the DC version but the Ps2 Version is worthy edition to my collection as big DOA fan. In fact DOA 2 is still my favourite DOA game of all times. I also like the first one a lot and from the newer games I like 5 the best. 6 is also not as bad as some people say It is a solid game but I like 5 a bit more.

Red Ninja is nice Technu like game indeed. The camera is horrible to be honest but i can overlook that flaw. because I really the Japan setting and the atmosphere is quite good. The weapons are also nice. Besides the horrible camera and controls it s worthy spirtual sucessor to the Tenchu game. The art style is also quite nice.

I have not played Shinobido yet but it looks interesting as well. I sould give it a try at some point in the future
Is Bloody Roar 4 better or worse than you were expecting? How do you like it compared to the PS1 versions? If you love DOA 2 the best then I highly recommend getting Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate for original Xbox(360 compatible) as it's the superior version of them all. I preferred the Dreamcast one over PS2 version mainly cause of graphics but the Xbox version beats them both, especially on an Xbox 360 with HDMI hookups. I must admit, DOA 2 and DOA 3(Which I like best out of anything before 5) have aged really well, possibly better than any other fighting titles alongside Virtua Fighter 2, Tekken 3, Tekken Tag 1 and Tekken 5. DOA 5 Last Round is my favorite hands down, and 6 is my second favorite hands down. If 6 had tag team mode and the Virtua Fighter guest characters I'd prefer it over 5. It's funny how people complain about supposedly how bad DOA 6 is considering it still beats the older titles in my opinion, especially 4 which is the worst due to the difficulty not being adjustable, and the 1st one is ok for its time but hasn't aged well.

Red Ninja has some janky cameras but that makes sense for its era on the PS2. I'm playing the Master Collection version of Ninja Gaiden Sigma right now on Xbox Series S and am having a laugh at how the camera issues remind me of the older janky consoles like the PS2 and original Xbox. I'm then quickly reminded that its based on an original Xbox game so it comes as no surprise. I'm enjoying it so far though keeping in mind the context of its age. I like the basic premise of Red Ninja, it's a simple story to get behind. Shinobido was recommended by a dojo member who has good taste and I was impressed even though I prefer Tenchu a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendation of Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. Sounds like a a must have for me. Will get it soon as soon as my classic xbox is with me again. At the moment it is stored at my grand parents house. DOA 3 on the Xbox is also nice. Did not play as much as the DOA 2 but it was good game. Never played DOA 4 though although I could. Have a 360.

And you are right the janky camera is quite normal for the that timeframe. i do not mind it that much. I takes time to get used to it but if you are used Red Ninja is fully playable. i played it quite a lot already and I am having a good time. it is not a game for less patient gamers though.

Concerning Ninja Gaiden Sigma It is already installed on my ps5 (started the pre load as soon as it was available) and will start to play the game tonight. I am already curious how I am going to like it.

Bloody Roar 4 was a solid step up from the second game for the ps1 which was decent but it could not live up to the other ps1 fighters.

bloody Roar 4 is still no the best best ps2 fighters but I liked it better then expected. I like the Art design and the graphics are also nice. The monster feature is als build in nicely and it is fun to change the form.

Thanks for the recommendation of Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate. Sounds like a a must have for me. Will get it soon as soon as my classic xbox is with me again. At the moment it is stored at my grand parents house. DOA 3 on the Xbox is also nice. Did not play as much as the DOA 2 but it was good game. Never played DOA 4 though although I could. Have a 360.

And you are right the janky camera is quite normal for the that timeframe. i do not mind it that much. I takes time to get used to it but if you are used Red Ninja is fully playable. i played it quite a lot already and I am having a good time. it is not a game for less patient gamers though.

Concerning Ninja Gaiden Sigma It is already installed on my ps5 (started the pre load as soon as it was available) and will start to play the game tonight. I am already curious how I am going to like it.

Bloody Roar 4 was a solid step up from the second game for the ps1 which was decent but it could not live up to the other ps1 fighters.

bloody Roar 4 is still no the best best ps2 fighters but I liked it better then expected. I like the Art design and the graphics are also nice. The monster feature is als build in nicely and it is fun to change the form.
If you're interested in DOA 2 Ultimate for original Xbox I'd suggest getting the collection as it includes DOA 1 Ultimate for original Xbox if you liked the pixelated PS1 version with the broken controls you'll more than likely appreciate the Xbox version with the smoother textures. I personally can go without DOA 1 in any form, but since you like older fighting titles and don't mind the graphics I feel DOA 1 Ultimate is a good fit for you too perhaps and you can usually buy 1 and 2 Ultimate together(I paid about $15 USD for both). If you're going to play DOA 1 Ult, 2 Ult or 3 I'd skip on the original Xbox and just play them on 360 with an HDMI connection, the experience is much better graphically like night and day. If you like to play fighting games on hard or even the harder side of moderate you'll most likely enjoy DOA 4 too. The difficulty and blocking/countering system is what ruins it for me personally.

I agree on the Bloody Roar games. For fighting games I put Mortal Kombat at the top by itself and underneath that in a distant secondary place would be games like Dead or Alive, Tekken and Virtua Fighter. Bloody Roar would be quite further down on the tier beneath those 3 franchises but I'd still rate Bloody Roar above other IP's like Kensei, Tao Feng, Kakuto Chojin, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, King of Fighters and other fighting titles that are either bad or just mediocre. I feel Bloody Roar could be just as good as the best fighters if it were to get a reboot. Imagine what could be done with the animal concept on the current gen consoles with some decent story thrown in? It would be one of a kind like it already is but more memorable.

An modern day animal fighting game in the style of Bloody Roar would be a great thing indeed. Unfortunately Fighting games are not as common as they once were.

And thanks again for the recommendation about DOA 2 Ultimate. I am interested in having another version of DOA 1 as well. Have the japanese Saturn and the japanese Ps1 Version of already and as with DOA 2 I liked the Sega version a bit more. Having a more "nicer" looking DOA 1 for the Xbox would be great win for me. The Version included in Ultimate could be even be the Sega Model 2 Version. That would be nice. But I am not sure if that is the case. Could have been a more polished PS1 or Saturn Port too. Anyway the footage of it on youtube looks interesting.

An modern day animal fighting game in the style of Bloody Roar would be a great thing indeed. Unfortunately Fighting games are not as common as they once were.

And thanks again for the recommendation about DOA 2 Ultimate. I am interested in having another version of DOA 1 as well. Have the japanese Saturn and the japanese Ps1 Version of already and as with DOA 2 I liked the Sega version a bit more. Having a more "nicer" looking DOA 1 for the Xbox would be great win for me. The Version included in Ultimate could be even be the Sega Model 2 Version. That would be nice. But I am not sure if that is the case. Could have been a more polished PS1 or Saturn Port too. Anyway the footage of it on youtube looks interesting.

DOA 1 Ultimate for Xbox is a refresh of the Saturn version.

The side by side comparisons of DOA 2 on all 3 consoles is staggering graphically. It's no surprise the original Xbox was king of the mountain in its time when it came to graphics. Dreamcast wasn't too bad either.

I see. Thats cool. Thanks for the Info. And yeah the DOA 2 comparsion is also very interesting. The original Xbox version seems to be awesome. Cannot wait to play it.

Purchased the japanese Saturn Version of the Street Fighter Collection yesterday. Also ordered Vampire Savior for teh Saturn.

C43ADDE7-DE7A-4F5A-816A-95D4EE71FB59.jpeg

Got my copy of Scarlet Nexus. Hoping to be able to actually play some of it this weekend lol. Code Vein seemed cool but kinda jank for my tastes, this looks a slight bit more like Astral Chain so I’m hoping it’s a bit more fluid.

Checked my LRG account recently and my Santa Destroy bundle of the No More Heroes games should be shipped real soon. Hoping they can come in time so I can replay them again before the third one comes out.

Sorry to double post but I’m real excited. Out of any kind of special edition to have, this is the most psyched I’ve been, even if both Black Box and White Snow both offered more stuff. No More Heroes is just one of my top favorites ever

D56F05F1-647C-4C7C-ACDB-0BE5F8AB3457.jpeg36DF06D6-07DE-4CC4-9A43-B4F74D4C044F.jpeg9990DD3A-95D9-498A-9670-43896B0C4D2E.jpeg758934D6-BC0E-40C6-B9B9-84228E500E2B.jpeg50179122-1098-4B42-A90A-688968FA79A9.jpegDD99720C-C331-4D86-9D72-80E402DDB09A.jpeg

I ordered the Japanese Ps2 version of Rumble Roses today on amazon.co.jp and street fighter the movie japanese saturn version as well.

Yakuza 6 on a huge discount at PSN sale and physical version for Shadow of the Colossus Remake from my bday a few months ago

Recent purchases

0002F15D-B4D0-458D-96C8-F0F47AF14B81.jpeg
50D00FA1-7772-4553-B387-64C8EB4A3225.jpeg
53582A46-5200-4C11-8E2E-88627E5FCF33.jpeg
AECD8E15-FE87-49EC-A871-AFC51582D2A7.jpeg

300E3A1D-D6B9-4704-BCBD-10D32C03DAF8.jpeg
0F68B21D-255C-484A-84A5-340AB0DC96AC.jpeg

9F0B8D69-0480-4E3D-B36D-6B10178E0A0A.jpeg
Digital : Monster Hunter Stories 2 : Wings of Ruin ( Switch)

that is all atm but there is more but will share those later and those are mainly digital.

Last edited:
Back