Recent Riots

It is difficult to talk about this subject without addressing politic talks, but the only thing I am going to say is that I understand the riots, George Floyd murder by a police agent is just the final step in a country where police brutality against ethnic minorities is still happening. When a pacific protest has been made they have been killed (Martin Luther King) or expelled from NHL (Kaepernick).

Violance is not a solution, but sometimes I can understand it, and this is one of those cases.

I can’t understand it at all. Rioters are criminals, regardless of whether they think they have a good reason. Many, many, many people have been unjustly killed by police who have faced very little consequence for doing so, black or white or whatever color, the reason does not matter. The system needs to be changed but piling more crime on top of it will only ensure that more people will hate each other and history will repeat itself. I doubt anyone who can do a damned thing about it will be moved or swayed in the right direction seeing people raped and killed and homes and businesses torn down. Never mind the needless spreading of covid to likely happen now too.

Thankfully the town I live in is sort of rural, nothing yet, but Boston is pretty close and they had a lot of damage done the other day. Who knows.

It is unfortunate when things bubble over into vandalism and looting but at the end of it all, "stuff" doesn't matter. Police and white supremacists have been looting black people of their lives for hundreds of years. Looting hijacks the narrative and arguably weakens the cause but is only weakening the cause in the eyes of people who don't understand it in the first place. So many white people in my country are more upset that some random Target was looted than when black people are murdered by police on camera. They're more upset when a Starbucks employee writes "pig" on their coffee cop than when the pigs brutalize American citizens.

The president tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could walk across the street to pose in front of a church with a Bible. He called governors weak as he hid in his underground bunker, and has threatened violence against his own people multiple times in the past few days. This is Fascism 101 and no one seems to care we are drifting toward a dictatorship.

So yeah in all honesty I don't give a fuck if someone burns down a Target because Target should be out there marching with the peaceful protesters - giant corporations like them have looted the country by destroying small business and employing masses for unlivable wages.

The amount of violence that police officers have inflicted upon Americans protesting police violence in the past few days is absolutely sickening and should be the focus of the discussion, not the small fringe that feed into the mob mentality and break shit. That being said, has there ever been true change in the world that wasn't precipitated by violence? White American had a meltdown when athletes peacefully protested before sports games. Peaceful protests clearly haven't been working.

Again, I would never vandalize or loot myself but the systemic racism in this country must end now!

Peaceful protests change a hell of a lot more than acting like a child and throwing a tantrum do. But it’s hard to reason with someone that conflates capitalism and competition between businesses with people who mindlessly put their neighbors out of work.

Peaceful protests change a hell of a lot more than acting like a child and throwing a tantrum do. But it’s hard to reason with someone that conflates capitalism and competition between businesses with people who mindlessly put their neighbors out of work.

Tell me how peaceful protest has changed racism in America.

And if you don't think the unchecked capitalism contributes to racial and economic disparity more than looting does, you can't be reasoned with.

Again, I'm not exactly defending the looting and would never engage in that type of protest myself, but you could say I'm condoning it in favor of looking at the actual problems we are facing. None of which are looting

I can’t understand it at all. Rioters are criminals, regardless of whether they think they have a good reason. Many, many, many people have been unjustly killed by police who have faced very little consequence for doing so, black or white or whatever color, the reason does not matter. The system needs to be changed but piling more crime on top of it will only ensure that more people will hate each other and history will repeat itself. I doubt anyone who can do a damned thing about it will be moved or swayed in the right direction seeing people raped and killed and homes and businesses torn down. Never mind the needless spreading of covid to likely happen now too.

Thankfully the town I live in is sort of rural, nothing yet, but Boston is pretty close and they had a lot of damage done the other day. Who knows.
There's definitely a difference between the protestors and the thugs. No justification for burning down buildings and looting shops. Those idiots are not angry but are quite literally doing it for the fun of it.

I remember when we had the London riots. One guy I worked with literally booked a holiday from work so he could participate. Was he protesting against the police shooting and attacking specifically government/police buildings in anger? No, he was looting every electronic store he could so he could try sell me a television the very next day.

Last edited:
Gandhi and MLK changed the world, people stealing shit and burning innocent businesses down ain't changing shit. The narrative has gone from "innocent black man murdered by cops" to "violent criminals fuck shit up for everyone", so congrats on that.

Zero excuse for rioting. Protesting is one thing, but this is mindless violence and looting. There's no justice here.

MLK said "A riot is the language of the unheard."

The narrative has changed because racist white America decided to change the narrative by only focusing on the ugly picture of riots and looting which pale in comparison to the systemic injustices that prompted the protests to begin with.

A lot of the vandalism is caused by outside agitators, anarchists who thrive on this type of unrest. They should absolutely be condemned.

Looting should not be encouraged but free TVs from Target for black people does nothing to compensate for the inequality and violence perpetrated against them since this country was founded. It's not the fucking point of any of this and a lot of people are focusing only on that. It's an ugly side effect of all of this but it is what it is. If the cops didn't murder all those black people then these riots would not have occured. Time to root out the cause.

Another quote from MLK:

“Urban riots must now be recognized as durable social phenomena,” he told the assembled crowd of mostly white doctors and academics. “They may be deplored, but they are there and should be understood. Urban riots are a special form of violence. They are not insurrections. The rioters are not seeking to seize territory or to attain control of institutions. They are mainly intended to shock the white community. They are a distorted form of social protest. The looting which is their principal feature serves many functions. It enables the most enraged and deprived Negro to take hold of consumer goods with the ease the white man does by using his purse. Often the Negro does not even want what he takes; he wants the experience of taking.”

MLK strongly encouraged nonviolent protests and was not a violent person...but if you don't think the rioting that occurred while he was active accelerated the social changed following his assassination I don't think you understand the full picture.

101834655_10219474697750437_7739375696950067200_n.jpg

It is unfortunate when things bubble over into vandalism and looting but at the end of it all, "stuff" doesn't matter. Police and white supremacists have been looting black people of their lives for hundreds of years. Looting hijacks the narrative and arguably weakens the cause but is only weakening the cause in the eyes of people who don't understand it in the first place. So many white people in my country are more upset that some random Target was looted than when black people are murdered by police on camera. They're more upset when a Starbucks employee writes "pig" on their coffee cop than when the pigs brutalize American citizens.

The president tear gassed peaceful protesters so he could walk across the street to pose in front of a church with a Bible. He called governors weak as he hid in his underground bunker, and has threatened violence against his own people multiple times in the past few days. This is Fascism 101 and no one seems to care we are drifting toward a dictatorship.

So yeah in all honesty I don't give a fuck if someone burns down a Target because Target should be out there marching with the peaceful protesters - giant corporations like them have looted the country by destroying small business and employing masses for unlivable wages.

The amount of violence that police officers have inflicted upon Americans protesting police violence in the past few days is absolutely sickening and should be the focus of the discussion, not the small fringe that feed into the mob mentality and break shit. That being said, has there ever been true change in the world that wasn't precipitated by violence? White American had a meltdown when athletes peacefully protested before sports games. Peaceful protests clearly haven't been working.

Again, I would never vandalize or loot myself but the systemic racism in this country must end now!

So you know what has to be done?

VOTE THE GODDAMN ASSHOLE OUT OF OFFICE, SO I, A NON-AMERICAN LIVING IN CANADA, DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO HIS BLOODY BULLSHIT ANYMORE.

And the country will be somewhat back to how it was during the Obama days.

I was talking with my wife the other night and said to her, "you realise that black slavery was snuffed out of every country, decades, if not centuries ago, right?" And it's true; the only place in the world where blacks are treated like this, is the southern United States (now all-over, but it was perpetuated and cultivated in the south). England (well, the UK), France, Northern US, Canada, Australia, South America, ALL of these places that have either a generous black population or have had slavery, have completed snuffed out injustice or any racial behavior, on the whole (it will never fully go away, see South Africa).

The US is literally the cesspool of human behavior, while at the same time, being a world power... perfectly personifies their leader.

I hope to God we vote him out, but I'll be honest - less concerned about how you have to hear about it up there in Canada and more concerned about the survival of my country. ;)

I hope to God we vote him out, but I'll be honest - less concerned about how you have to hear about it up there in Canada and more concerned about the survival of my country. ;)

But of course ;) (I was being facetious, truly).

If you think slavery no longer exists anywhere in the world, there are probably places you don’t know about.

I'm talking black slaves; with the microscope that has been on black rights all over the world, since the 1960s (and earlier, technically), you'd see revolts of some kind or something of that nature.

Personally, from what little I've read and know, I feel it does still exist in the Oceanic countries, PNG and the like (EVERYTHING is backwards socially, in PNG; they still eat PEOPLE in some {small} communities, FFS).

I'm talking black slaves; with the microscope that has been on black rights all over the world, since the 1960s (and earlier, technically), you'd see revolts of some kind or something of that nature.

Personally, from what little I've read and know, I feel it does still exist in the Oceanic countries, PNG and the like (EVERYTHING is backwards socially, in PNG; they still eat PEOPLE in some {small} communities, FFS).

what about modern day slavery?

black as well as asian and Eastern European people are promised jobs, trafficked into the uk and then forced into salvery. its reported in the news all the time. there is even slavery happening in Libya, where black people are bought and sold. its happening everywhere, worldwide.

what about modern day slavery?

black as well as asian and Eastern European people are promised jobs, trafficked into the uk and then forced into salvery. its reported in the news all the time. there is even slavery happening in Libya, where black people are bought and sold. its happening everywhere, worldwide.
Modern day slavery in Western democracies is not even in the same universe in terms of the numbers and acceptability as the modern day slavery that has existed in Africa, Asia, and parts of South America for hundreds, if not thousands, of years, and with no end in sight.

India, China, North Korea, Sudan, the Congo, the Philippines, Burma, Uzbekistan, Russia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Iran, Guatemala, Egypt, Libya, Somalia, and so on - it is appalling no matter where it occurs, but the difference between the slavery in Western democracies and the rest of the world is one is characterised by shady practices while the other is essentially mainstream.

Last edited:

There's nothing to "understand" here. Rioters and looters are criminals and must be treated as such. Peaceful protest is a different thing.

Crimes committed by 16th century Spanish, British, French or otherwise white colonialists have nothing to do with 21st century white Americans. That doesn't make sense.

Calling people pigs because they are part of some group is not ok, no matter if it's a race, religion or profession.

And Target branches should be looted and burned because Target "should" be marching with the protesters? Looting and burning people's work places because they're not doing what they "should" do sounds very much like a thing communists/fascists would have done in 1920s/30s Germany or 1960s China. Let's not go there again.

One of the reasons behind this is I don't think a lot of Americans know how their political system works. I was just baffled when America elected Obama twice but then tied his hands by electing a Republican House twice.

Trump was then voted in, a vote that was obviously spurred by people wanting a shake up and a breakaway from the establishment. We all know how that went, but you then had Bernie Sanders who was genuinely looking to shake things up in the right direction, but what then happens? The American Democrats vote Joe Biden to be their candidate, effectively returning the country back to the same old establishment if he wins.

America needs to improve their standards when it comes to police officers. I'm sure the training to work in a McDonald's or Starbucks is more intense than it is to become a police officer in most places.

Back