Relaxing Music (share what you listen to :)

Sergeynest

Keep your Mind as clear as a Polished Mirror.
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Plague of Tale Requiem
So; over a few years ago I have created the habit of listening to relaxing music every night before going to sleep or during the day whenever I'm doing something around the house or when going out on a stroll on my own.
I decided to create this thread for everyone that is interested to share the relaxing music they listen to and the experiences they have while listening to them.

To start off; here are some of my personal favourites:

Until Shenmue 3: Ultimate Shenmue Relaxing Music Compilation​

Simply the best of the best.

Shenmue 3 Relaxing Music Compilation​

The more I listen to this compilation, the more I love Shenmue 3. It carries on making the Shenmue series the best Video Game Music of all times.

Peaceful Jeremy Soule #1 - Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind OST Compilation - Homework Mix​

My favourite RPG Video Game Series and one of the only with the music that can rival with the Shenmue series.

♬ Studio Ghibli Best Songs Collection​

Can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli relaxing music; simply wonderfull.

The Last Samurai - Meditation Music (Remastered)​

Love falling asleep to this relaxing version of the Last Samurai.

[HQ/HD] Loreena McKennitt - The Book Of Secrets - 1997 - Full Album​

Didn't know her music; but as soon has I've heard it for the first time I absolutely fallen in love with it.

Scottish Moors - Jeff Victor​

If you love the Witcher 3 Music; then you are going to love this one as well.

THE WITCHER 2: Music & Ambience | Sleeping, Relaxation, Writing and Focus​

A super underrated soundtrack that is absolutely amazing; for me the best in the Witcher series.

The Witcher 2 - Dwarven Stone Upon Dwarven Stone (1 Hour of Music)​

My personal favourite music in the witcher series. Love relaxing and falling asleep to this music.

KARATE KID SOUNDTRACK MIYAGI DO ULTIMATE MIX​

This Karate Kid relaxing Mix is great to listen to when you are in a nostalgic mood.
I would love to see Ryo encounter a martial arts master like mister Myagi in karate kid and create the same kind of bond with him like in the movies.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Emotional and Relaxing Music​

This is the absolute best RPG that I've played in recent years; it is undeniable that it was heavily inspired by the Shenmue series.
Never felt so immersed in a game since I played Shenmue and the Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Emotional and Relaxing Music​

I don't know how many times I've listen and fallen asleep to this amazing music.
This is probably the only game that holds a very special place in my heart besides Shenmue. It is my second favourite game of all times.

XENOBLADE • Beautifull and Relaxing Music (Vol 1)​

This one I've listened to recently and I loved it so much I'm seriously considering playing the game.

Shenmue II Music: Guilin (Compilation)​

The absolute relaxing masterpiece in Video Game history.

Lei Qiang -Erhu

The very best Chinese Traditional Erhu Music in this Playlist.

Japanese Music - Shakuhachi flute The Art of blowing Zen by Rodrigo Rodriguez​

One of the reasons why I love Japanese Culture.

Ever wanted to feel like a Samurai in Feudal Japan !? Then, just close your eyes and listen to this track.

Nices choices; got to check out more of Nier and Okami; haven't played the games yet but the music sounds really nice.
Low Roar is also very nice; didn't know about them until I played Death Stranding; loved the game and the music.

Plenty, but two jazzy ones for now:

a. Katsuhisa Hattori-- Cool Storm

b. Chaz Jankel-- My Foolish Heart
Really nice thank you for sharing these.
I can see myself listening to the first one at a beach bar having a nice drink watching the sunset. :cool:🌞🍺🏖️
The second one having a really nice dinner with my wife at a restaurant and drinking some red wine. :yum:🍝🍷

【のんのんびよりBGM】Non Non Biyori - BGM and Scenery【田舎の風景】​

Got to check out this anime; the music is really nice and I love how the artist captured the japanese countryside; it really makes believe you are in japan.

Okami and the Nier games are definitely pretty good. The first Nier is getting a remake in late April and the soundtrack is even getting revamped a bit. Hard not to say “if it ain’t broke” but so far it seems to only add good new stuff to the experience. It’s not really the first time either as there’s been officially released remixed albums.

Speaking of Low Roar, I also only learned of them in Death Stranding. As bland of a time that game was, at least the music was good. Not normally my type but I might know some like them. Cigarettes After Sex has a ton of samey feeling songs but if you’re just looking to relax they’ve got you covered.

I wouldn’t normally consider RHCP a calming style of music but they have some that seem kinda chill.

Lastly for now, I guess ICP kinda varies but this one is so lax

My brother would play Classic Chillout albums when I was young. There were lots of great stuff on there, but I remember Enigma being a big standout to me.

Their stuff is a bit...different (new age and worldbeat with religious/sensual themes), but...I do find it all oddly relaxing.

Yeah, I use Jeremy Soule's TES compositions, LoFi Beats, and Shenmue tunes too.

I tried making a playlist of relaxing tunes that I'd listen to anyway (Oasis, Nas, Daft Punk, etc) but my head gets too into the songs. That's the thing about music, songs over time will attach and associate themselves with certain memories and feelings, then become little bite-sized moments of nostalgia, and the lyrics take on greater meaning.

Great for life in general, but not exactly what you want when you're tryna type up a 20 page investigation on why a recent system change at work's created such a ballache.

My brother would play Classic Chillout albums when I was young. There were lots of great stuff on there, but I remember Enigma being a big standout to me.

Their stuff is a bit...different (new age and worldbeat with religious/sensual themes), but...I do find it all oddly relaxing.

Yeah this sound is great; very relaxing but at the same time very erotic.
If I can recall it was widely used in erotic movies during the 90's.

I recall at the time also listening to Enya; wich also has a wide variety of relaxing themes.

I like her music; but I only listen to it when I'm in the mood; because it brings me memories of my deceased mother and usually I always end up crying.😭
But sometimes it is good to just let it all out; because afterwards it makes me feel a lot better inside.

Yeah this sound is great; very relaxing but at the same time very erotic.
If I can recall it was widely used in erotic movies during the 90's.

I recall at the time also listening to Enya; wich also has a wide variety of relaxing themes.

I like her music; but I only listen to it when I'm in the mood; because it brings me memories of my deceased mother and usually I always end up crying.😭
But sometimes it is good to just let it all out; because afterwards it makes me feel a lot better inside.
Yep, I think their music is in lots of sexy 90's movies. :LOL: From the little that I've heard of Enya (e.g. Lord of the Rings) her songs sound very beautiful but also very melancholy.

Sorry to hear that mate. 🫂

I am a fan of Tokyo RPG Factory video games due to invoking wistful nostalgia within me. In part due to being reminiscent of 90s Japanese Role-Playing Games. The way their games convey this is with their wonderfully sentimental soundtracks.

Here's some of my (Lesser known) niche playlist if anyone wanna give it a shot.

Book of Friends:

Butterfly Lover Concerto:

Aldnoah Zero:

Sorrow Melting Away:

Garden of words:

Yosuga no "Feels":

Morning Dew:

Counting Stars:

Enka[木村好夫 - 北国の春]:

Joe Hisashi(Ghibli fame) Asian Man's Dream:

Ghuzeng: Spring River, Full Moon Night

Hope any of these makes it into a spot on your perma playlist too. :)

Here's some of my (Lesser known) niche playlist if anyone wanna give it a shot.

Book of Friends:

Butterfly Lover Concerto:

Aldnoah Zero:

Sorrow Melting Away:

Garden of words:

Yosuga no "Feels":

Morning Dew:

Counting Stars:

Enka[木村好夫 - 北国の春]:

Joe Hisashi(Ghibli fame) Asian Man's Dream:

Ghuzeng: Spring River, Full Moon Night

Hope any of these makes it into a spot on your perma playlist too. :)
Really nice picks; thank you for sharing. Going to check out Book of Friends; seems like an interesting anime to watch.
Lately i've taken interest in animes and games that have the japanese countryside as background; they really give out a sense of comfort and relaxation.

Really nice picks; thank you for sharing. Going to check out Book of Friends; seems like an interesting anime to watch.
Lately i've taken interest in animes and games that have the japanese countryside as background; they really give out a sense of comfort and relaxation.
Appreciated, no prob.

Here's some few anime recc to help you out(tho abit off-topic) find some gems with that theme:

1.) MUSHISHI

2.) Eccentric Family:

3.) Lull in the Sea:

4.) Hanasaku Iroha:

5.) Kids on the Slope:

These are great Chill anime with one or more of the theme your looking for(hopefully the stories is up to your taste tho). And Yes Book of Friends is a superb anime to sit through and watch. So much good feels. Quite a wholesome series despite it being very mellow in its tone.

I'm grateful you asked about this topic, @Sergeynest; I'm revisiting some old go-to's thanks to you.
I promise I'll go for something less jazzy next time, but pieces like this make me miss the city (esp. my beloved Toronto).

A Place That You Want to Call Home-- Eddie Daniels feat. Roger Kellaway

I'm grateful you asked about this topic, @Sergeynest; I'm revisiting some old go-to's thanks to you.
I promise I'll go for something less jazzy next time, but pieces like this make me miss the city (esp. my beloved Toronto).

A Place That You Want to Call Home-- Eddie Daniels feat. Roger Kellaway

I'm glad you shared this one; it is very relaxing and it really evokes the feeling of missing home or someplace that brings you good memories. I can easily see this music being used in a scene of a movie to capture this feeling.

Back