[RELEASE][Shenmue III] DS4 Button Prompts

LemonHaze

Banned
This mod will forcibly replace the XBox button prompts for DS4 button prompts.

Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping_dl1X8u1Hyj.jpg
image.png

1615705119148.png1615705186288.png
image.png

Requires: Forklift (for Shenmue III)

To install, extract this archive into your Shenmue3/Content/Paks/~mods folder (if ~mods doesn't exist, create it).

To uninstall, delete DS4ButtonPromptFix.pak from your Shenmue3/Content/Paks/~mods folder.

EDIT: Updated to include cutscene skip and QTE button prompts.

Attachments

• DS4ButtonPromptFix.zip
    190.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Thanks for this. I have noticed two issues though which are as following: On the help screen which you can get to by pressing the Triangle/Y button in-game and on the pause menu it shows controllers on each section that all have the default Xbox layout apart from the Spar/Match section which seems to actually show the DS4 controller instead. Another issue is that although the in-game UI buttons are correct and show the DS4 buttons the color that hovers over them is wrong like for example: the Triangle button stills shows as yellow and the Square button will show as blue etc... Overall though a great mod apart from the issues I listed.

*EDIT*: I also noticed that on those QTEs where their is multiple button inputs required like for example during sparring and during certain story events it still shows the default Xbox colors for the button inputs. I also noticed that in the Arcades certain game machines seem to have the incorrect button layout as well, like for example the Excite QTE 3 machines have the default Xbox buttons on the machine itself, however this is not an issue when playing the machine as it does show the DS4 buttons when doing so on the screen. I also noticed that the Wacky Mole machines have the wrong colors for the moles as well and what I mean by that is the color of the moles all have the color of the Xbox button layout.

Last edited:
Great Mod sorry if I'm asking for too much but is it possible to make a steam controller hud for Shenmue III and perhaps Shenmue I & II HD Remaster. I can't speak for others but I have always used the Steam Controller for my PC gaming and I was really inpressed with Sonic Generations and Dragon Ball FighterZ's Steam Controllers Gui mods so I was hoping I could have one made for us Steam Controller gamers out there. Again sorry if it's asking too much and also sorry if this is the wrong place to request such a mod.

thanks and have a good day.

It doesn't work on the steam version :( i guess because the forklift mod isnot compatible :( :(
Why is so hard to put both version and let us choose? :(

Hella late to this thread (exactly 2 years wow), but I just downloaded this mod. It's great, very thankful for it. I'm just wondering if there are any plans to adjust the button colours in sparring matches to fit the PS4 controller, as well as changing the skip cutscene prompt to circle, rather than B. Thanks again.

Back