[RELEASE/Shenmue III] Forklift - a Shenmue III script mod loader

i have forklift in shenmue3/Binaries/win64 still the mod isnt working

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-07 211241.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-07 211241.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 61
I'm having trouble getting it to work. I've placed both files in the Win64 folder (where the Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping.exe is placed), I've added some mods (like no sprint stamina drain, and some visual changes) I put them in a folder I made called ~mods in the Paks folder.

Put when I start the game, my stamina is still drained and nothing seems to be changed. I'm using the Epic Games version btw, don't know if that changes anyting

Edit: Nvm, just got it working... I used the misc mods menu with forklift and now everything works

Last edited:
Hi, I'm having the issue that when I enable the forklift mod (leaving it in the same folder as the "Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping.exe") the game runs at lower FPS (30 or less) and GPU is not at 100%. If I start the game without it, works fine. This is appeared when you leave the initial village and goes to the next stage (the town) My Shenmue version is 1.06.00 (03112) ANy clue?

can anyone help i'm new here. is it possible to put mods on steam deck. It's work fine on my windows PC
but on steam deck it's keep says error LowlevelFatalError. Thank you

I just got mods working today on the Steam Deck. I tried a bunch of different things and also got that same low level error. Renaming the pak files to the file type mentioned in the error resolved the crashes but didn't boot the Forklift mod launcher or any mods in the ~mods folder. (Note: keep the mod files as pak files inside the ~mods folder, while Forklift.dll (Forklift.asi) and dsound.dll go in Binaries inside the Win64 folder. I'm just explaining what i tried.) After this I tried searching online for possible solutions and ended up finding the solution on reddit in the comments section (link is posted below).

Ultimately, what I did to get it working was after following the Forklift install instructions, I went into launch options on the Shenmue 3 Steam settings page and then typed the following code:
Code:
WINEDLLOVERRIDES=Forklift,dsound=n,b %command%
to enable the Forklift and dsound dll programs it needs and it worked. (To locate "launch options" click the "manage" cog on the Shenmue 3 steam game page, then click "properties" and then the launch options text box is listed under "general")

I also tried installing the Forklift dll files first in a program called protontricks/winetricks before entering that code, but I don't think it worked (I didn't see Forklift listed anywhere under the "install Windows DLL or component" option so I tried installing what files I thought might possibly be related to the error; I installed d3dx9 and d3dcompiler_43 but I'm pretty sure the launch option code written above is all that's needed to resolve that error code and boot Forklift. I don't think it was a directx issue, but just wanted to mention this process as I was just guessing trying to get the mods working through trial and error, before I found the code to enable those dll files (forklift and dsound) using wine, thanks to one of the comments on this reddit post:

Last edited:
Back