[RELEASE/Shenmue III] Forklift - a Shenmue III script mod loader

It's possible you're not installing it properly. Make sure you put both dsound.dll and Forklift.asi into Shenmue3\Binaries\Win64. And that you're using the correct version. Also double check that you don't have any anti-virus programs blocking either dsound.dll, Forklift.asi or Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping.exe.

That version was already supported, even before the patch was released, since the newer patches tend not to adjust the executable itself, so all of the patches and offsets remain the same.

Going to be starting a 100% run of Shenmue III on Steam this weekend (hopefully) and for the second time around, I thought I'd use the camera mod (and play in Japanese). Do we know if this all works with the Steam release of SIII? Very excited if so :D

Going to be starting a 100% run of Shenmue III on Steam this weekend (hopefully) and for the second time around, I thought I'd use the camera mod (and play in Japanese). Do we know if this all works with the Steam release of SIII? Very excited if so :D
I installed the 1.05 EGS mod for 1.06 Steam, and it seems to work just fine! All the mods I've installed are working :) Thanks again, @LemonHaze !

Hello @LemonHaze , i'm using "Passport Ryo Hazuki Mod" but i have problems, in many story cutscenes (other in-game cutscens are ok) Ryo 3d models is invisible. Becoming visible/invisible is matter of camera angle (in some angles he is visible, in some invisible - most in close angles).

Playing on Steam Ver.1.06.00 (03111) with 1.05EGS Forklift Mod Loader
Is there any possibility problem with Forklift vs newer game version incompatibility?

Hello @LemonHaze , i'm using "Passport Ryo Hazuki Mod" but i have problems, in many story cutscenes (other in-game cutscens are ok) Ryo 3d models is invisible. Becoming visible/invisible is matter of camera angle (in some angles he is visible, in some invisible - most in close angles).

Playing on Steam Ver.1.06.00 (03111) with 1.05EGS Forklift Mod Loader
Is there any possibility problem with Forklift vs newer game version incompatibility?
Sounds more like a problem with the mod itself. Forklift only stops the need for sig files, allowing for direct modification of files and also unsigned PAK loading. In addition, it will also load up any ASIs (which I've called 'script mods') you have installed.. like MiscMods. It's possible they have changed the rig slightly in the new update, which may conflict with the mod.

Just finished doing some quick checking - the executable seems to be the same on the Steam release, as such no Forklift update is required.

Try this.

Install it like usual and you'll see a 'Load All Levels' button in the MiscMods UI. Click that when you've loaded into your save game and see if it helps any.
Hi, can you update this? I'm using steam and its says error game detection while forklift mod is fine

With the (relatively) new hotfix update of Shenmue III on Steam (1.06), the 1.05 Epic Games Store version of Forklift no longer works. I get a version mismatch error on startup - I still see the overlay in-game. However, unfortunately, the Stamina drain on run (which I've disabled via MiscMods) does happen, against my configuration choice and playing preference (and actually why I bought S3 this holiday, because of the existence of this mod). And, when I attempt to enter the menu - R1, I believe - the game crashes. So... that's sort of frustrating.

LemonHaze, I absolutely praise you and your programming skills that make this somewhat controversial (for today's standards) game playable for me and so many others. The members of this community ask you, please, to put them to use again. I don't wish to put this game away just yet, and I know others agree with me; there's so much potential behind the questionable design decisions, and you've helped unlock that potential for us. Thank you very much!

With the (relatively) new hotfix update of Shenmue III on Steam (1.06), the 1.05 Epic Games Store version of Forklift no longer works. I get a version mismatch error on startup - I still see the overlay in-game. However, unfortunately, the Stamina drain on run (which I've disabled via MiscMods) does happen, against my configuration choice and playing preference (and actually why I bought S3 this holiday, because of the existence of this mod). And, when I attempt to enter the menu - R1, I believe - the game crashes. So... that's sort of frustrating.

LemonHaze, I absolutely praise you and your programming skills that make this somewhat controversial (for today's standards) game playable for me and so many others. The members of this community ask you, please, to put them to use again. I don't wish to put this game away just yet, and I know others agree with me; there's so much potential behind the questionable design decisions, and you've helped unlock that potential for us. Thank you very much!

Sorry for the delay! I will look into this today/tonight and get a new version out ASAP!

Again, sorry for the delay here! :(

Hi. I'm new to attempting to mod this game. It appears that there's some contradictory information in regards to installing these mods, which has lead to some confusion on my part. Your OP says that to install the mod, you should place them in the Shenmue3/Binaries/Win64 folder, but the mod I'm trying to use - specifically the old voice mod for Ren, Lan Di, etc. - says to place them in a new folder called ~mods under the Shenmue3/Content/paks folder.

When I tried putting the file in the ~mods folder, I found myself unable to run the game, as booting the game simply threw up an error saying that there was no .sig for the mod, which your Forklift loader claims to bypass. When I try putting it in the Win64 folder, I was able to run the game. However, I'm not at a point in the game where I can confirm if it is working or not.

Any help in clearing up this issue would be much appreciated.

Edit: never mind. It would appear that the extremely outdated browser I'm using prevented me from downloading the version available on this website. I ended up downloading the one from Game Banana, which I was able to download, but appears to be an out-of-date version of your mod loader. Loading this thread on a more up-to-date browser allowed me to download the version posted here, which did load according to the instructions listed on the mod.

TL;DR, I'm an idiot who refuses to update my browser.

Last edited:
Ok thanks i just wanted the NPC manager to fix the NPC pop ins. But when this is one of the misc mods then i can't use it

Back