[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

I always update the original post. That should be the most recent version. Sometimes when a patch is released and installed on your system, EGS can remove the mods, you should come back here and reinstall whenever that happens.
ok thanks. ill give it a go

I like your Mod. But the Camera has massiv problems in narrow places. Specially in the Hotel Niaowu. When i go on the balcony or leave Ryos Room the Camera keeps going nuts for a few seconds.

I like your Mod. But the Camera has massiv problems in narrow places. Specially in the Hotel Niaowu. When i go on the balcony or leave Ryos Room the Camera keeps going nuts for a few seconds.

I am very busy, but I do have a fix for this, although I'm not sure when I'll have the time to do it.

Try this. This also fixes the zoom. Just a warning, the swap character functionality likely won't work right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always update the original post. That should be the most recent version. Sometimes when a patch is released and installed on your system, EGS can remove the mods, you should come back here and reinstall whenever that happens.

Thanks LemonHaze ,a litlle bit confusing trawling through the comments here ,appreciate the info.
+ Thanks for the great mod !

Try this. This also fixes the zoom. Just a warning, the swap character functionality likely won't work right now.
I tried this but it still does some jumping around in Niaowu when opening doors.

I'm loving playing through the game with your mod. I don't know why they didn't just keep the camera the same as S1 and 2! Someone at Deep Silver was a big fan of Resident Evil 4 and or 5.

To enable/disable certain mods at startup, edit the MiscMods.ini file:
INI:
[general]
open_console=true

[mods]
retro_camera_mod=true
npc_fixes=true
no_energy_manager=false
no_walk_only_triggers=true
dump_herbs=false

[npc_fixes]
max_loaded_npcs=256
max_visible_npcs=256
max_npc_distance=25000.0
max_npc_trigger_scale=15000.0

[retro_camera_mod]
customFOV=55.0
customHeight=25.0
customDistance=455.0
customCameraPitchOffset=-5.0

I edited the INI file but the game still starts with the default values. Any idea why? Thank you.

is there any way to debug why this doesn't load for me :/ ?
I installed the redist package, extracted the contents of the mod in the Shenmue3\Binaries\Win64 directory.
But the f12 menu does not work, also no hotkeys.

edit:nvm i didn't install forklift

@LemonHaze Like the Mods. camera still is a bit funky for me when looking around in tight spaces. also unusable when driving forklift? still on my first play through, wish night fishing was possible when I was in Bailu.

May I request, XP be earned when actually fighting and a way to fight Air like we used to in the car parking lots "maybe I can practice here" voice would be cream!

Hate sparring so much, so stupid when hits don't even land, I may as well be hitting air or even those wooden dummies where you horse stance would make more sense.

@LemonHaze Like the Mods. camera still is a bit funky for me when looking around in tight spaces. also unusable when driving forklift? still on my first play through, wish night fishing was possible when I was in Bailu.

This might be inconvenient for you, but is there any chance you could grab me a video of the camera issues you're experiencing? Due to the nature of this kind of mod, it's hard to pinpoint an issue without image/video reference.

actually easy cause I stream my play through.

I also have issues switching the camera and run health drain on and off. pressing the short cuts and using the f12 menu doesn't work 90% of the time.

May I request, XP be earned when actually fighting and a way to fight Air like we used to in the car parking lots "maybe I can practice here" voice would be cream!

Hate sparring so much, so stupid when hits don't even land, I may as well be hitting air or even those wooden dummies where you horse stance would make more sense.

I agree with sparring and xp point. It's so boring and a waste of time. If it is possible to master moves or skills instantly, that would be great.

Back