[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

This functionality was initially added to aid with creating an accurate herbs map for Shenmue III. Initially, I would attempt to find all herbs in the game, but found it would only return the herbs within the current area of where Ryo was.
So the quickest solution to that was to simply force load every sublevel within the current location (Bailu/Niaowu) and this is why it 'fixes' the level some level streaming bugs.

I'm hesitant to call it a full fix for this yet, mainly because I don't really have that much varying hardware at hand to test, for example a low-end rig or a mid-level rig etc. I'm willing to look into making a proper fix for this, whereby the user wouldn't really have to enable/activate it, but in order for me to do that, I'll need people willing to test who are currently suffering from level streaming issues.

Feel free to hit me up! :)

This functionality was initially added to aid with creating an accurate herbs map for Shenmue III. Initially, I would attempt to find all herbs in the game, but found it would only return the herbs within the current area of where Ryo was.
So the quickest solution to that was to simply force load every sublevel within the current location (Bailu/Niaowu) and this is why it 'fixes' the level some level streaming bugs.

I'm hesitant to call it a full fix for this yet, mainly because I don't really have that much varying hardware at hand to test, for example a low-end rig or a mid-level rig etc. I'm willing to look into making a proper fix for this, whereby the user wouldn't really have to enable/activate it, but in order for me to do that, I'll need people willing to test who are currently suffering from level streaming issues.

Well personally i have a 2070 super and a very powerful pc. shenmue 3 stutters at all the main points for me and i think its the worst thing about the game. With load all levels enable i would say it fixes 90% in bailu village but i havent tested niowu much so ill give that a go tonight. But yes if theres a way to fix it then please do :)

Just a quick update. so bailu is really good for me however with niowu i take a massive fps hit to about 45fps plus i still get stuttering.

Yep the unreal engine streaming issues really crank down the experience... :/ i got a pretty decent system and it stutters no matter what settings, lowest or highest it doesnt care. I havent played enough yet to test other locations then Bailu village and this fix works pretty good here.

It's honestly a design-related issue within the project which causes this, a lot of developers leave the scalability options as close to the default that they might aswell be the default values, but still make important changes like LOD distances and such. You're right in that this is technically an engine-level bug, but as previously stated, it could be fixed properly within the project itself.

Outside of that though, technically it's very possible to make some sort of patcher/fix for all UE4 games which suffer from the same issues, but again, that would need to be tested thoroughly before properly working.

Great work, even though I have not played Shenmue for months now or even finished the game, makes me glad that the mods community tools are still getting new features. Looking forward to what new features may come in the future.

Thank you for the mod here, everything works wonderfully. :love:(y)

I only have a problem with the Classic camera: It does not center itself automatically when Ryo walks in a different direction. You can only play it with the Classic Camera mod if you constantly center the camera behind Ryo with the right analog stick. With the normal unchanged camera it centers itself behind Ryo when you walk in a different direction. Can you maybe change that? That would be great.

LemonHaze please help.

I'm unable to make your mod working.
Shenmue III version 1.05.03 (02992). I copied the Forklift v1.05.01 and MiscMod files in the right place, I don't have Riva tuner and VisualC++ is up to date.

The game won't starts, error 126.

Please help if you have any idea...
Shenmue III error.JPG

LemonHaze please help.

I'm unable to make your mod working.
Shenmue III version 1.05.03 (02992). I copied the Forklift v1.05.01 and MiscMod files in the right place, I don't have Riva tuner and VisualC++ is up to date.

The game won't starts, error 126.

Please help if you have any idea...
View attachment 9608

You will likely be missing a dependency, the error boils down to not being able to load the DLL.

Please try this version instead:

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
Unfortunately it doesn't work better with this version of MiscMod (or any other one, I've tried them all). I've been struggling with it for 2 days. Still error 126.
Maybe it's related to the fact that the game is not installed on the same disk as Windows?

I'm very annoyed and I'm having a trouble to progress in the game (I'm at the very beginning) knowing that your "Dreamcast style view" mode exists without being able to take profit of it...:(

Thank you for taking the time to answer me.
Unfortunately it doesn't work better with this version of MiscMod (or any other one, I've tried them all). I've been struggling with it for 2 days. Still error 126.
Maybe it's related to the fact that the game is not installed on the same disk as Windows?

I'm very annoyed and I'm having a trouble to progress in the game (I'm at the very beginning) knowing that your "Dreamcast style view" mode exists without being able to take profit of it...:(
It should really work. Try updating everything. Also, is there any chance you can try it on Windows 10? (it looks like you're running Windows 7)

Have you installed this?

First of all, thank you very much for creating the mod! Since the game launched I would like the camera to be similar to Dreamcast games, and with this mod it is possible! Now that the game came out on Steam, I tested the mod and it worked perfectly. However, since Steam uses the F12 key by default to take screenshots, it ends up having a conflict with the mod key. I know I can change the screenshot key on Steam, but I have been using it for F12 for years and I would like to keep it that way. Is there any way to change the mod key to another, like F10 for example? If I can't change it myself, would it be possible to launch an alternative version of the mod with the F10 key? Thank you again!

If you need someone to test Shenmue 3 for stuttering issues with a full fix let me know. I have this issue and the game stutters a bunch in certain areas.

Also have the same issue apparently as Ravax, on the Steam version of the game (v1.06.00). Probably doesn't help that I am also, currently, using Windows 7.

Error 126. Game runs afterwards, but no GUI with F12 etc:-
Mod.png
VisualC++ is updated. I also tried all versions of Forklift, both versions of MiscMods that have been recommended, and also have no Rivatuner. Just to rule it out, I thought that there was a chance the Nvidia Shadowplay was interfering, so turned that that off too. Still receiving the same error.

Looks like a Windows 7 issue?

Edit: Also tried it on the newly patched version on Epic Games Store, same thing.

Last edited:
First of all, thank you very much for creating the mod! Since the game launched I would like the camera to be similar to Dreamcast games, and with this mod it is possible! Now that the game came out on Steam, I tested the mod and it worked perfectly. However, since Steam uses the F12 key by default to take screenshots, it ends up having a conflict with the mod key. I know I can change the screenshot key on Steam, but I have been using it for F12 for years and I would like to keep it that way. Is there any way to change the mod key to another, like F10 for example? If I can't change it myself, would it be possible to launch an alternative version of the mod with the F10 key? Thank you again!
Yes, I had to abandon the mod, that because of him constantly my screens with GUI made

Also have the same issue apparently as Ravax, on the Steam version of the game (v1.06.00). Probably doesn't help that I am also, currently, using Windows 7.

Error 126. Game runs afterwards, but no GUI with F12 etc:-
View attachment 9720
VisualC++ is updated. I also tried all versions of Forklift, both versions of MiscMods that have been recommended, and also have no Rivatuner. Just to rule it out, I thought that there was a chance the Nvidia Shadowplay was interfering, so turned that that off too. Still receiving the same error.

Looks like a Windows 7 issue?

Edit: Also tried it on the newly patched version on Epic Games Store, same thing.
Yes, I had to abandon the mod, that because of him constantly my screens with GUI made

I will not support Windows 7. You should seriously consider updating your OS.

I will not support Windows 7. You should seriously consider updating your OS.
Ok cool. No worries. TY for letting us know. I'll be updating soon, but holding off for a new build. Waiting for new AMD processors to actually come in stock as will be moving to nvme/fresh install etc.

Will hold the playthrough till the new rig :)

Last edited:
Ok cool. No worries. TY for letting us know. I'll be updating soon, but holding off for a new build. Waiting for new AMD processors to actually come in stock as will be moving to nvme/fresh install etc.

Will hold the playthrough till the new rig :)
FWIW, I can look at it but I can't promise anything I really don't want to spend more than 5 minutes, but if I can add support relatively quickly, then sure I'll go for it. I also didn't realise the minimum system requirements state Windows 7, so maybe that's enough reason to look into it a bit further beyond those '5 minutes'.

Back