[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

For Steam users, here is a version which uses F10 to toggle the UI. I will be adding some more customization to MiscMods aswell as finally releasing the source code and putting it up on GitHub or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP version 1.10.5 - Added ability to swap characters in-game. Textures often do not appear correct, but this can be fixed by loading into the game again (through the load/save data menu).

View attachment 6577
Can you fix the character swap mod feature that is the main attraction it only works for free roam it doesn't seem to work on cutscenes, fights, or when zooming in to open doors and drawers and stuff like I'm trying it on epic games launcher first. I want to play as Ren mod over Ryo and Ren to be Ryo if that is possible can you update a version so that it works for steam as well since I have the game on steam launcher and epic games launcher I would love it if it works for both thanks. Can you make it so both versions have full function for the character swap mod steam and epic thanks man I saw a youtuber Ioritree was able to have the mods work on cutscenes and fights this is I think where he apparently downloaded the mod so I hope maybe you can fix this issue thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Thanks for the mod. I ended up only using the no energy drain one. Didn't want to break the cut scenes with the camera fix mod.

I did try the NPC fix and the herb location one but they completely tanked my framerate no matter how low I set my resolution and quality settings (took them down to 720p and low quality and I'm using an RTX 2080).

Still the no energy drain alone made it a far more pleasant experience so thanks for helping the community.

The latest update broke this mod for me. Hope this gets updated because I really can't go back to the OG draw distance. :ROFLMAO:

The latest update broke this mod for me. Hope this gets updated because I really can't go back to the OG draw distance. :ROFLMAO:
Nor can I go back to the "normal" game operation of stamina drain from running. Just doesn't work for me, and it's sad that YsNet chose this method of exploration gating. LemonHaze is a GODSEND for making these QoL mods for us, who don't agree with the more controversial gameplay and visual shifts the devs took.

Nor can I go back to the "normal" game operation of stamina drain from running. Just doesn't work for me, and it's sad that YsNet chose this method of exploration gating. LemonHaze is a GODSEND for making these QoL mods for us, who don't agree with the more controversial gameplay and visual shifts the devs took.
Will be working on this tonight, sorry for the delay!

And thanks for your kind words! :D

Are you guys using the EGS version or the Steam version? The latest build (v1.06.00) seems to work fine for me with the latest versions of Forklift and MiscMods on EGS, I'll be checking Steam within the next hour or so.

Latest version of MiscMods now has support for all versions currently live (with the exception of some patches now unavailable).

The updated version is also in the main post of this thread and attached below.

Enjoy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the next week or so, I'll be tidying up the MiscMods and Forklift source code (as it's currently a bit of a mess right now). Which means that I'll have no problems sharing the source code for both of these with anyone who wants it.

If people are interested in this, let me know here. :)

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but has the player model switching option been removed from the mod? Playing on the Steam version, I don't know if it's compatible with this one.

I apologize if this has already been addressed, but has the player model switching option been removed from the mod? Playing on the Steam version, I don't know if it's compatible with this one.
Sorry yeah, I disabled it a couple of versions into the tool. I can look into re-enabling it though, it was just one less thing I had to update.

Sorry yeah, I disabled it a couple of versions into the tool. I can look into re-enabling it though, it was just one less thing I had to update.
Hey, man, no worries. Maybe reactivate it sometime eventually when the devs stopped updating the game for good, if you have time. You're already doing all of this cool-ass stuff for free, dude. Thanks.

This is such an excellent mod! Between this and the trainer I'm having a much more enjoyable time playing Shenmue 3! Only thing I'd like to see added is extended time during QTEs. At this point that's the last thing that annoys me, and it's a nitpick at most. Keep up the good work!

Back