[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

Could you make it possible to swap area music tracks? I really dislike that bailu music the old woman is humming and i'd love to be able to swap it with another piece of music from the game if possible.

What does the "Load All Levels" option do?.

This is just to dump herb locations faster, by forcing all levels to be loaded at once, the herb dumper is able to find all herbs in whichever the location you're in, instead of having to walk around each area to get them to load in.

Been testing the mod.
-Can't bring the menu by pressing f12.
-Even withou using retrocamera, zoom camera looks wrong.
-FPS hit is bigger than using just the NPC manager. The problem is the file with just NPC manager crashes a lot.
-Can you do a version with only the NPC manager?

-Can't bring the menu by pressing f12.

Sounds like you're using another overlay or something, like RTSS. You need to disable Riva Tuner Statistics Server when running MiscMods.

-Even withou using retrocamera, zoom camera looks wrong.

Known bug, fixed in next version.

-FPS hit is bigger than using just the NPC manager. The problem is the file with just NPC manager crashes a lot.
-Can you do a version with only the NPC manager?

The default values for the NPC manager are only for high-end machines. You are supposed to edit the values yourself to suit your rig. You can disable all other mods within the INI and change the NPC manager settings.

Thanks, it was Riva Tunner.

As for high-end PC, with a 7700k + 1080ti could i Get stable 60 fps with around 90 npcs?

I haven't installed the mod yet, but I'm curious as to what the default values are for the NPCs?

i looked at the game files and the bgm sounds for houbou are in one big AWB file. After some searching it seems some other games with this format have gotten audio mods, but people struggle to get the tools to work with a lot of games. The AWB TOOLS package is not able to unpack the shenmue 3 awb file. it just auto closes. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can figure it out.

How moddable are unreal3 games anyway? Does the developer need to release modding tools to make it easier or is it simple without them?

The reason i ask is Ive come across a Ryo model swap mod that uses the Passport Model, it looks great but no facial animations.

It made me realise even more how much i would so love for a demake of this game using shenmue 2 assets and new ones made in the old style. but i realise what a mammoth task it would be and too much for the small shenmue community :/

Would it be possible to create a mod that would allow us to zoom in on in game items when looking at them in the menu? & one to change the size of the font in the notebook?

What is the default value for 'NPC streaming volume scale'?

I have these set to 200/200/7500/15000 on my setup which doesn't have stutter but 'npc-player max distance' causes low gpu usage by loading a single cpu thread if I raise it much higher.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back