[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

I agree with sparring and xp point. It's so boring and a waste of time. If it is possible to master moves or skills instantly, that would be great.

just download the trainer?

@LemonHaze I should have mentioned this before as well but I have issues with turning the camera mod on and off, usually it does not just turn off from the alt+C shortcut or the gui and requires playing with the 2.
Also it locks Nvidia Ansel camera focal length after it is turned off.
I want to use the classic cam but honestly it causes more problems than it is worth and I hope you can find a way to do it with less conflicts.

I saw your post but did not try yet. The camera angle is too high for my liking at a glance. I have RTSS installed but it is turned off. I think i remember your mod does not work at all if it is on.
I am not sure if you can have the camera mod switch on only for the free roaming mode, I think if you could have it trigger off for 1st person looking, doors and cut-scenes it would solve some problems.

I saw your post but did not try yet. The camera angle is too high for my liking at a glance. I have RTSS installed but it is turned off. I think i remember your mod does not work at all if it is on.
I am not sure if you can have the camera mod switch on only for the free roaming mode, I think if you could have it trigger off for 1st person looking, doors and cut-scenes it would solve some problems.

That's pretty much what it is in the post I linked you to :). We essentially only start changing the camera when walking/running now. My apologies for the screenshot, it is clipped in a way which looks weird. In-game, it seems to look the same as original :).

That's pretty much what it is in the post I linked you to :). We essentially only start changing the camera when walking/running now. My apologies for the screenshot, it is clipped in a way which looks weird. In-game, it seems to look the same as original :).
I noticed it didn't interfere with cutscenes anymore and the doors are much smoother. Thank you for giving me the S3 experience I was expecting!

I see, if so it sound like it is very playable. It still conflicts with Nvidia Ansel, once the camera mod is activated, Ansel's god camera cannot change field of view even if camera mod is turned back off before Ansel. I am a game photographer
(yeh, I'm making it a thing with this game) so I need control of angle of view at any given point, the first 2 images are examples when I need to zoom in.

Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping Super-Resolution 2020.03.26 - 00.25.28.33.jpgShenmue3-Win64-Shipping Super-Resolution 2020.03.26 - 00.27.18.63.jpg

Ansel in this game at least has it's own problems too, often the HUD does not disable and gets stamped all over the Hi-res image. I have so many ruined shots cause of this. Simply saving and reloading fixes this. I also have a huge load time when accessing save/load menu, like 20 seconds. Not sure if this is cause I rarely overwrite my saves and have at least 50 by now to thumbnail, but it shouldn't be that hard to pull some basic date info from save data. Anyway this is getting off topic but I thought I'd point it out in case you can find a way for the camera mod not to conflict with Ansel, I also have Reshade presets on in case it was not obvious, you don't know the detail you are missing till you try it! On a positive note the unlimited energy fix is a blessing! still haven't tried night fishing yet tho.

Shenmue3-Win64-Shipping Super-Resolution 2020.03.19 - 22.42.46.27.jpg

Last edited:
There's really no way to fix the very narrowly on-screen water reflexes?

I've been hesitant to replay Shenmue III, but I figured I'd try it out with these mods. While the game still has a glut of flaws, holy shit do these mods improve the experience. Number one has to be getting rid of the ever-draining energy meter. I no longer felt general anxiety while playing, and felt free to explore the environment at will. The classic camera mod instantly made the game feel more Shenmue, as did the Dreamcast sound effects, and that wonderful title music.

Big thanks @LemonHaze and MikasaVol2 :)

I've been hesitant to replay Shenmue III, but I figured I'd try it out with these mods. While the game still has a glut of flaws, holy shit do these mods improve the experience. Number one has to be getting rid of the ever-draining energy meter. I no longer felt general anxiety while playing, and felt free to explore the environment at will. The classic camera mod instantly made the game feel more Shenmue, as did the Dreamcast sound effects, and that wonderful title music.

Big thanks @LemonHaze and MikasaVol2 :)

It's always nice to know your work is appreciated, thank you for your kind words :) It really makes the hours spent making it work worthwhile.

My MSI afterburner program to control my fans seems to conflict with this and cause it to crash. I'm trying to see what is causing the conflict, tried to turn off shortcuts in MSI afterburner and can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

I would love a mod for the combat system and remake the hitbox is this possible ?

I don't know nothing in modding i'm just curious.

My MSI afterburner program to control my fans seems to conflict with this and cause it to crash. I'm trying to see what is causing the conflict, tried to turn off shortcuts in MSI afterburner and can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

It is the RTSS service which tries to draw stuff on-screen like GPU temps etc the hooks I use to implement a GUI interfere with RTSS' very questionable hooking system and a lot of tools aren't compatible with it. Unfortunately, there isn't really much I can do to fix this other than to tell you to try to disable RTSS and the like :/

It is the RTSS service which tries to draw stuff on-screen like GPU temps etc the hooks I use to implement a GUI interfere with RTSS' very questionable hooking system and a lot of tools aren't compatible with it. Unfortunately, there isn't really much I can do to fix this other than to tell you to try to disable RTSS and the like :/

Thank you. It took me a moment to figure it all out, but for anybody reading this with the same issue: RTSS= Rivertuner Statistics Server, a program that opens and works with MSI Afterburner. For me, all I had to do was locate the program in my task bar, open it and set application detection level to none. I also have show on-screen display off. Afterburner will still do its thing with controlling the fans, you just won't be able to view the temperatures/usage in the corner anymore.Most importantly, this mod will work and not crash your game anymore with Afterburner running. Thank you, Lemon.

Hey Folks!
Is there a way to set the "load all Level" option to like auto or something, so it loads all levels when loading into game since it fixes all streaming related hitches which is awesome!

Hey Folks!
Is there a way to set the "load all Level" option to like auto or something, so it loads all levels when loading into game since it fixes all streaming related hitches which is awesome!
I dont think thats what its for? isnt it to do with herbs?

Back