[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Retro Camera Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works ! No longer comes out after the fights.
Maybe another mod will be one that adds more people? It's a bit empty on the street :)
I know I'm complaining: D
Anyway, great work!

I've noticed the camera is a bit wonky when doing the training segments or

*SPOILERS*

Driving the forklift

I never wanted the over the shoulder view for this game so I'm glad somebody has released a mod that makes the view like the first two games.

*SPOILERS*

Driving the forklift

Also, zooming in and interacting with objects is working for me with this mod. It breaks it.

Some of these issues I've already fixed, I'm just waiting for some free time to update the post here and stuff.

Thank you. Looks so much better, I wonder why the decision for much closer camera unlike original games was chosen.
i feel like they did it to hide some animations maybe, the odd transition between doors or something. but other than that i really dont know. this really feels like shenmue again like this

i feel like they did it to hide some animations maybe, the odd transition between doors or something. but other than that i really dont know. this really feels like shenmue again like this

Yeah I know on consoles the game really struggled with its framerate especially in Niaowu. So I considered the reason for much tighter camera was to reduce number of items and scenery to be drawn in at any given time.

Still like you said the altered FOV makes it feel much more like a traditional Shenmue game.

Thank you. Looks so much better, I wonder why the decision for much closer camera unlike original games was chosen.
Was thinking this while watching the Bailu video. After watching the Niaowu video, I think it’s pretty clear it was done to hide how empty the streets are. The place looks sparsely populated when using the in game camera, but this mod shows just how deserted the streets really are.

Was thinking this while watching the Bailu video. After watching the Niaowu video, I think it’s pretty clear it was done to hide how empty the streets are. The place looks sparsely populated when using the in game camera, but this mod shows just how deserted the streets really are.

Totally, that’s another valid point. You really do feel how deserted streets of Niaowu feel outside shops and stalls being staffed.

*SPOILERS*

Driving the forklift

This has been fixed now. Please redownload the mod.

Update v1.12 - Fixed Forklift camera and zoom states. Improved performance.

Hi there,

I just downloaded this and the Forklift mod manager. I'm still pretty early on in the game. The camera mod loads fine, but as soon as I enter Bailu village after leaving Shenhua's house this happens:

THWT6TA.jpg

I get a Fatal Error popup. The game sorta continues to run despite crashing. But if you click OK, it just stalls until you forcibly close the game.

I have installed the Visual C++ redistributable packages too.

So, by accident, I think I may have figured out why it was causing the error.
I had a zip file in the Win64 folder. I took it out just to be sure, and loaded up the game again, and the Fatal Error didn't show up.

So it seems to run fine, though the only issues are when entering/exiting doors, starting NPC convos, and going into first-person mode.

Doors seem to cause weird stuttering.
NPC convos start by snapping to old camera view for a split second before going into cinematic camera.
When holding left-trigger to change into First-Person mode, it snaps into old camera view before zooming into FP mode.

Other than that, it's a really great mod. Much better than what was shipped with the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back