[RELEASED] Shenmue 3 Kiwami Overhaul

Is there a way to use your mods without the title screen / loading screen changes? I mean absolutely no offense, but some of the choices you've made are downright bizarre. Using the teaser image for the Shenmue anime (a different product) as a title screen is totally off, stylistically (it is also quite stretched). The following screen, using Shenmue 1 and 2 art feels off as well (I am playing Shenmue 3, not 1 or 2). I mean I understand the spirit of the changes but they just don't work for me-- and I wanted the gameplay changes; I didn't download a title screen mod!

I know it's nitpicky, but we're Shenmue fans, so that's our job :p

Last edited:
Depends on which version you want. Check out the nexus page and I'll remove the screen from the version you choose.

Depends on which version you want. Check out the nexus page and I'll remove the screen from the version you choose.
Thanks for your reply, and for taking it in stride-- I promise I wasn't trying to be rude :p

I like the concept of increased running speed, the changes to the combat, the removal of the stamina system, increased money--things like that. I also like the graphical mod (grass and shadow improvements). I would love mods that make these changes without stylistic changes to the game, which I would honestly consider separate from the others. I think a great approach would be the separation of these things:

GAMEPLAY MOD
Running speed / no stamina decrease
Combat improvement
Increased earnings

GRAPHICS MOD
Grass, shadows improved

STYLE MOD
Title screens, loading screens

I love the changes you've made to gameplay and graphics but I would like the game's style to remain the same.
Honestly though it's just nitpicking. Obviously the title screen doesn't matter for more than like, 2 seconds in the beginning :)

Thanks for your reply, and for taking it in stride-- I promise I wasn't trying to be rude :p
It's cool. I have the time to make tweaks to things largely because I'm not working on another project.

There's two files: One with the loading/menu screens removed and the other with loading/menu screens removed & camera adjustments removed (if that factors into changing the style at all)
LINK - Google Drive

Is it possible to somehow modify this mod to get the reduced input lag without the camera swap or model swaps? I think the customizable camera in the misc changes mod would be more useful

Back