ReShade Shenmue & Shenmue II HD

Hey guys I've been experimenting with ReShade to improve the graphics in Shenmue & Shenmue II HD. I'd love some feedback and suggestions/advice. I'm having trouble getting the depth of field where I want it which is blurring things about 100 meters away from Ryo, it often ends up blurring the hud and characters because it's based on a single point of focus on the screen, in my case I chose Ryo's position during exploration gameplay, when that point of focus is changed the effect is all over the place. The effects also affect the start, option menus and other elements which I'd like to avoid if possible. Any advice would be great. Meanwhile I'll leave a few screenshots and I'd like to know what you think, thanks.

No ReShade
20180823122047_1.jpg
ReShaded
20180823122056_1.jpg20180823130313_1.jpg20180823130326_1.jpg

Nice thread I was thinking on doing one myser,

I am experimenting with it too, enabling Screen Space Ambient Oclussion makes whole lot of a difference it gives the game graphics more depth I higily recomend it, that and Ambien light alone will skyrocket the visual quality, but you can go crazy with postproccesing effects (like I do xD)

I'll post some of my screenshots too,I like overdone postprocessing so be kind with my screenshots.
1cLRuxW.jpg

z9LEqII.jpg

ljQ5OfM.jpg

epixgeE.png

HfgtXQW.jpg

I am experimenting with it too, enabling Screen Space Ambient Oclussion makes whole lot of a difference it gives the game graphics more depth I higily recomend it, that and Ambien light alone will skyrocket the visual quality, but you can go crazy with postproccesing effects (like I do xD)

I'll post some of my screenshots too,I like overdone postprocessing so be kind with my screenshots.
1cLRuxW.jpg

z9LEqII.jpg

ljQ5OfM.jpg

epixgeE.png

HfgtXQW.jpg
where can I download the reshade files for shenmue HD?

Thanks for sharing Esppiral, I do like 'overdone' post processing too, what I found is if I go too far with it it will give you problems in other scenes or conditions.

rikiyo1985 You can use my configuration if you want that look without going through all the work of fine tuning it. If you've never done this after installing ReShade in the Shenmue or Shenmue II folders where the exe is located paste the text file I attached and rename the extension from .txt to .ini the .exe can be found in "Steam\steamapps\common\SMLaunch\sm1".

Attachments

• PostProcessHeavy.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for sharing Esppiral, I do like 'overdone' post processing too, what I found is if I go too far with it it will give you problems in other scenes or conditions.

rikiyo1985 You can use my configuration if you want that look without going through all the work of fine tuning it. If you've never done this after installing ReShade in the Shenmue or Shenmue II folders where the exe is located paste the text file I attached and rename the extension from .txt to .ini the .exe can be found in "Steam\steamapps\common\SMLaunch\sm1".
thank you very much.

Cool man, it's interesting to see how we all went for different styles. Should create a library for people who want to shop around for different configs.

@Fabiusco Could you link that preset? It looks really nice
Sure, but I'm still tweeking it.
It may be sometime too bright in some indoor locations.
Anyway, after you installed Reshade, put the *.fx file in the shader folder created during Reshade installation.
and the *.ini file in the same folder of Shenmue.exe.

Attachments

• Shenmue I.zip
    17.4 KB · Views: 32

1cLRuxW.jpg

z9LEqII.jpg

ljQ5OfM.jpg

epixgeE.png

HfgtXQW.jpg
would you upload your ini files for us?

Hey there! I'm new around here, haha, but not new to Shenmue. I was looking for some Reshade stuffs to see how other people experience their Shenmue. I've been fiddling around with it too. I tend to like the heavy post-processing stuff too, although I'm trying to find a really nice balance. And yeah, trying to make it work for the scene *and* the HUD & Menu's is tough going.

I also like colour. SEGA, to me, is lots of bright, saturated colours, so I've been tweaking mine accordingly. Here's some screen shots!

It's all still a work in progress, but I'm fun getting it juuuuuust right for my tastes!

I'm Robbie - good to meet you all :)

Desktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 14.13.21.88.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 14.55.21.03.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.19.20.52.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.22.03.01.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.29.08.54.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.33.44.33.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.34.19.41.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 15.36.00.11.jpgDesktop Screenshot 2018.08.22 - 12.09.30.73.jpg

Back