Resident Evil 2 UK Collector's Edition announced

PGGdpCQ.jpg

Supposedly will run around £230. In terms of the contents it looks similar to what's included in the Japanese CE not sure why NA isn't getting the keys or pin.

Man, am I ever glad I got over my old obsession with LEs, and this one looks like the perfect example of why.
I can dig a nice art book and soundtrack (standard stuff, but at least it all actually complements whatever game it comes with), but statues and pins and trinkets are all just so pointless. A few years ago I might have jumped at this sucker (it's Resident Evil 2 after all), but now I just look at it all as an ugly exercise in excess.

That being said, one of the DLC items does catch my eye: "Original version soundtrack swap."
What a great idea. I hope that's available outside of the collector's edition.

Man, am I ever glad I got over my old obsession with LEs, and this one looks like the perfect example of why.

Yeah, I stopped buying the Collectors Editions after Uncharted 4. Don't get me wrong, I loved the game and thought its CE was really well done at the $120 price. The problem is that these Collector's Editions have gotten way out of control. The Japanese one has that $300 keyboard that they are charging an extra $600 for. The best thing in this CE other than the 12" statue of Leon is the replica keys. I actually have replica keys from RE Remake on my nerd shelf. Cool to look at, but other than that, it's a dust collector.

That being said, one of the DLC items does catch my eye: "Original version soundtrack swap."
What a great idea. I hope that's available outside of the collector's edition.

The soundtrack swap is available in the $70 Deluxe Edition along with various extra costumes such as Elza Walker from RE 1.5 for Claire. I have that one preordered.

Below are a couple ideas of what the outfit for Claire may end up looking like. The one on the left is the original art from what Resident Evil 2 was supposed to be. The one on the right is fan made but it's well done and could be what it ends up looking like.

Elza  Walker   Prototype.png resident_evil_1_5_elza_walker.jpg

I was considering getting the CE but apparently the European CE is more expensive than the US Version. I would have bought it a the price of the US CE. So I will get the Deluxe Edition instead. To bad here in Europe this Version is just digital. I prefere physical media. So I will try to get the US Deluxe edition...

Back