Revealed: Sega's cancelled Shenmue HD remake - with fully updated graphics (EuroGamer) Update 16/10 - Sega respond

I don't know if I'm allowed to post them here or if they have been before, but there are definitely remnants of this remake effort both in data and code form, in the re-releases like leftover UI images and placeholder material. A lot of it hints at an engine overhaul rather than a remake, the executable shows support for many new features, some of which can be seen in the video.
There's an entire subforum for hacks and mods, I think you're fine.

Thanks for digging into it. I was aware there's a bunch of unused functionality in the executable for some reason, but not that assets were leftover. (I think those fight splash screens are from Shenmue Collection though, not unused.)

I don't know if I'm allowed to post them here or if they have been before, but there are definitely remnants of this remake effort both in data and code form, in the re-releases like leftover UI images and placeholder material. A lot of it hints at an engine overhaul rather than a remake, the executable shows support for many new features, some of which can be seen in the video.

I personally haven't seen them. Post em!

Back