General RGG Discussion

Yeah Judgment gets a 60 fps PS5 and Xbox Series S/X version. Also on Stadia
but it seems like theres no Steam or Epic or whatever version.

Theres also no free or paid upgrade for PS4 owners (at least for now)
so its probably a 39,99 - 59,99 game for everyone.
You also cant use the PS4 save file in the PS5 version.
Will also get a new physical release in the west on PS5 and Series S/X

judg.png

Also it seems like they made some ... changes?
The lighting looks completely different than on PS4

87dBQ2j.png

Wh5ML3L.png

icFCp4x.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently it's due to a Stadia deal.

Tbh though I can't say I really blame Sega here. The way I see it, PC players are already overwhelmed (and overjoyed!) with getting Y3 - 5 dumped on them all at once, and then Y6 only 2 months later. Xbox is getting all that plus Judgement the following month, but I figure that's because Yakuza sales aren't particularly big on Xbox to begin with so they're not really worried about spacing to maximize sales at full price and whatnot. They probably just want to keep Microsoft happy by bolstering their library, and the sales beyond that don't really matter assuming Microsoft is subsidizing them for the effort. Might as well just take the free Google money now and release it on PC in a year when the audience here is sufficiently hungry for more.

But that's just my hunch. It could turn out the Remastered Collection only sold 5 units on PC so Sega decided to abandon it forever. :eek:

60 fps 1440p+ Yakuza 6 port / patch would be nice for next gen console
(i guess the upcoming PC version is able to achieve that)

I played Judgment one time (story 100% and all of the side cases)
and then a bit of NG+ and then watched a whole playthrough in a live stream
(so basically the story two times 100%) so i still know pretty much every story detail
and i wont play it again in the near future.

But i only played Yakuza 6 one time on release, so i would totally play that again.

Apparently it's due to a Stadia deal.

Tbh though I can't say I really blame Sega here. The way I see it, PC players are already overwhelmed (and overjoyed!) with getting Y3 - 5 dumped on them all at once, and then Y6 only 2 months later. Xbox is getting all that plus Judgement the following month, but I figure that's because Yakuza sales aren't particularly big on Xbox to begin with so they're not really worried about spacing to maximize sales at full price and whatnot. They probably just want to keep Microsoft happy by bolstering their library, and the sales beyond that don't really matter assuming Microsoft is subsidizing them for the effort. Might as well just take the free Google money now and release it on PC in a year when the audience here is sufficiently hungry for more.

But that's just my hunch. It could turn out the Remastered Collection only sold 5 units on PC so Sega decided to abandon it forever. :eek:
Alright nice nice I'll take it! At least they will release it someday!

Who's that? An insider?

Just started playing Yakuza 3 Remastered on Steam, and my god is it boring. Adored 0, loved Kiwami 2, and found Kiwami above average, so the drop-off has been a bit of a shock.

It is a pretty tight schedule for RGG games. I mean 3, 4, 5 remaster in january
which will take a very long time to finish
then Yakuza 6 in march? I doubt that most of the 3, 4, 5 remaster guys will even have finished Yakuza 5
when the Yakuza 6 port comes out. And then Judgment already in april ...
Sega probably just took the Stadia money because they think
its no problem when there is a bit of a pause for PC players
because that is already a lot of Yakuza in a time frame of three months.

Finished chapter 9 of Y3

MAJIMA SAVING THE DAY IN THAT TRUCK WHEN KIRYU'S FIGHTING WITH THE CIA

MAJIMA, MAH BOY!

Just started playing Yakuza 3 Remastered on Steam, and my god is it boring. Adored 0, loved Kiwami 2, and found Kiwami above average, so the drop-off has been a bit of a shock.
Believe me story its really interesting. When you start seems kinda weird with the kids and so on, but give it a try, soon will start the good thing.

Since I don't want a Twitter account to make a tier list, I've decided to make a makeshift tier list of my personal favorites instead.

S Tier:
yakuza_ishin.0.jpg
Yakuza-6.jpg
yakuza-7.jpg

A Tier:
rugagotokukenzanc_1920-1280 (1).jpg
yakuza5jpg-14ab69_1280w.jpg
yakuza_zero_feature.jpg

B Tier:
yakuza-3-wallpaper.jpg
yakuza-4.jpg
yakuza_kiwami_art.jpg

C Tier:
yakuza-kiwami-2-art.jpg
judgment-ps4-pro-tmr-0.png

D Tier:
yakuzadeadsouls-810x400.jpg

Been trying to beat the challenge matches on Yakuza 3. I have two left but I am struggling to beat Ultimate Match 3. That match sucks!

Not a big fan of the new look.

It's a combination of the lighting and slight changes in the facial features. His face looks less sturdy (for a lack of better words) in the PS5 version. Almost slimmed down a little across the board. Also, is it just me or does the lighting look better in the PS4 version? The shading looks better all around in the PS4 version where as everything in the PS5 version looks a little flat.

When the grenade rolls across the floor I though they had mixed the versions up, no ground texture on PS5?

Got this for xmas and finished two weeks ago, a good game but with a lot of padding even on the main story and fuck me, tailing missions need to be wiped from the face of the earth.

Not worth a double dip from me, sorry Sega

I guess for whatever reason they thought it would look better / more realistic without this
yellow filter and contrast. But to me it makes it look kind of soulless and generic.
I dont know, i think the filter they used in the PS4 version is a part of the game and it always should be a part of the game,
exactly like movies like Sin City have filters that are part of the product.
If you deactivate that, the product is not the same anymore.

Judgment ranks #2 behind Yakuza 2 for my all time favorite RGG game. Definitely will buy the disc version for collection, but probably just always play PS4 version even when I get a PS5 eventually.

Back