General RGG Discussion

Its a bit weird, the japanese official website listed Steam and Windows 10 for Lost Judgment
(after the announcement)
but they removed it a couple of minutes later. So its console only.
And then Sega made a statement via Email that they dont have any plans
for the Judgment series on Steam or Win 10 at the moment.

So they probably still have a exclusive Stadia deal for Judgment
and they dont want to release Lost Judgment first.

I just hope the Stadia deal was only for 6 months or so instead of a full year, or god forbid, 2 years. That would at least have us PC players playing the first game around the time everyone else is playing the sequel.

Here is the intro of the story from the german guy who was in the announcement presentation stream.
If you want to know more about the starting point of the story i guess.

Akihiro Eharo (in the trailer the guy with the glasses in court)
is a cop and hes being accused of groping a woman in a train.
There are also smartphone videos of the incident, clearly showing him.

So its clear that Akihiro Eharo is guilty. But in court, while he is about to get sentenced,
Ehara asks the judge if he knows about the corpse in Ijincho Yokohama.
He also explains who this corpse is and that he deserved death
because he was responsible for Akihiro Eharo sons suicide.

The police investigates and it turns out Akihiro Eharo said the truth,
which leads to this new case where Akihiro Eharo is the main suspect too.
But this cant be true because it seems like the time of death
was at the exact same time when Akihiro Eharo was caught in the train.

Thats where they contact Yagami. Yagami is in Ijincho where he is investigating a allegation of mobbing
and harassment at a high school.
Yagami tries to make sense of whats going on there
but a bunch of cliques are in his way and even the procecution department is not a fan of his work there.
Yagami is trapped between three parties who all want to stop him.
Yagami doesnt want to stop but the deeper he digs, the more victims appear.
And it seems like the whole Akihiro Eharo incident is somehow connected to the high school case ...

Judgement was first Yakuza title I played from start to finish and I absolutely loved it. Honestly I’m not interested in turn based combat so I am so hyped for this. The selfish part of me wanted it exclusive to next generation systems to really push the visuals but it looks like a decent upgrade and I can’t wait for this. Day 1.

Nagoshi and Hosokawa said in the Famitsu interview
that they changed the tailing missions by increasing the overall tempo
and they readjusted the AI and length

peepohappy.png

Also they said the games story is about a 'very sensitive theme'
and they are sure that they will receive various opinions from those who played it around the world.

It was a good presentation and the translated trailer got me hyped! :D

I just really need to find out about the music lol. Nobody on Twitter has been helpful, thus far :mad:

They really created a whole new style so you could beat up high school students? Damn that's rad.

Pictured: PCboi Sput being oppressed by his Google master as he waits for Stadia exclusivity to wear off.
Nailed it mate.

Just fucking release it in PC bastards!!
I just hope the Stadia deal was only for 6 months or so instead of a full year, or god forbid, 2 years. That would at least have us PC players playing the first game around the time everyone else is playing the sequel.
I can wait for a year anyway. I doubt its more than a year, I'd say its 6 months.

But anyway first they should release in PC the first game, so if the sequel is Stadia/Steam, the first game should be available this year. Still great news!

i really hope the game will come to pc too , i dont have a console but i played judgement 1 and it was one of the best game i ever played

Damn, i'm stuck on the hype train. Now i'm watching CohhCarnages whole Judgment stream
even tho i already finished the game myself twice.

Pls Send help
reallyyy.png

i really hope the game will come to pc too , i dont have a console but i played judgement 1 and it was one of the best game i ever played

I'm actually surprised they didn't port it considering that recent PS5 re-release that went under the radar...you would have thought they would have dropped it on Steam as well. Then again, I think the PC ports are out sourced as is so maybe someone is working on it.

I'm actually surprised they didn't port it considering that recent PS5 re-release that went under the radar...you would have thought they would have dropped it on Steam as well. Then again, I think the PC ports are out sourced as is so maybe someone is working on it.
The PC version is probably already done or ready to be finished for both games, atleast it wouldnt surprise me,
but the Stadia deal probably has a contract term that says there can be no other release
on any PC launcher for 6-12 months.
On the japanese Lost Judgment website it said the game will launch day one on Win 10 and Steam
and they removed it about 30 minutes after they showed the 30 minute live presentation.

And then Segas quick 'no plans at the moment' comment,
it does smell like the typical time exclusive thing.
The question is for how long. If the Stadia deal is for 6 months,
it would end in October. So about one month after the Lost Judgment release.
So maybe they will put the first Judgment on Steam one month after they released Lost Judgment
on consoles and then another 6-9 months until Lost Judgment is on Steam.
That scenario doesnt work if Stadia has a Lost Judgment deal later too
or if the Stadia deal is 12 months instead of 6 months.
Even if theres no Stadia deal for Lost Judgment, they are not gonna release
Lost Judgment first on Steam.

So its probably not a good idea to get hyped for a Judgment series PC release in 2021
because its a risky bet if it will even come in 2021.

Not something Iβ€˜d wanna get day one but the PS4 version of lost judgement might be something for my Christmas wish list.😁

You can already pre order the game here in EU

lojud.png

But it seems like the steelbook version might be US & Best Buy exclusive.
Cant find it anywhere else and on the official Sega website it says its US & Best Buy exclusive.

Back