General RGG Discussion

I wonder, with Lost Judgment taking place in Yokohama, this whole school thing there etc
but Yagamis office is still in Kamurocho, (as we can see in that new Youtube clip)
does this mean that we can quick travel between the two locations whenever we want
or will Yagami have a second office in Yokohama?

Or how will the side content stuff work when there are things available in Kamurocho
but Yagami is in Yokohama? I hope we dont have to rush through story chapters
just to be able to visit Kamurocho / Yokohama again.

Last edited:
Alright I played like 6 hours of LaD

Jeez. This guys are so great. When I thought "well, thats it, they cant add anything more than they did in Y6" this dudes creates a lot of great stuff out of nowhere. I'm not talking about the turn based system, that I'm really liking it and it's a fresh air that suddenly I realized it was really necessary, but they add a lot of stuff that's actually amazing: the homeless game in bike, the cinema minigame, the "hero missions" that we kinda saw in Y6 but now seems better, the affection stats with your friends that allows new dialogues, all amazing adds to a series that was already in the highest level.

Really, really fan of this guys.

There isn't one element of the game that makes it the best (probably Graphics, actually) in the series, but every element of the game is either the second or third-best in the series; it is just a wonderful, complete game from top to bottom and that's why I deem it to be the best in the series.

And yes, can collecting is SO much fun; I'm not sure if the voices of the other riders were translated, but in the JP version, every time you sped by, they'd yell something along the lines of, "aaahhhhh you pussy!" It was just absolutely hilarious.

I'm telling you, Sput, just wait 'til the later chapters; it gets better and better, the further you progress :D

EDIT* If anyone is interested, btw, some American collectible company has released a bunch of life/clothing accessories, based on Kiryu, Majima (they REALLY need to stop pushing him at this point, especially since he hasn't been playable in a game for 4 years; should've been Yagami) and Ichiban.

Prices are beyond-ridiculous though:

1. A RGG title from around WWII's end, to show how the country was being rebuilt from the atrocities and the bombs that were dropped, which would've coincided around the time of the Tojo Clan's beginnings (though this would mean no Kiryu, so that idea wouldn't fly), including a young Kazama, Shimano, Sera, etc.. We got a tiny, brief glimpse of that in 6, which I was OVER THE MOON about (as I wasn't expecting the Secret of Onomichi to be what it was :D), but of course, not an entire game centered around that plot point.
Oh my fucking GOD I would love this so much! :geek:

The characters in the first title were really so well-done and awesome; they were the old guard, of course and the old guard will always be killed-off/retired in a series such as this (TV as well; look at the Sopranos, post season 1), but between their legendary backstories (again, 2's flashback scenes showed this), their prominence in the Clan in 1 and just how their characters were written, I would be tickled pink if a game showed their origins, as young punks in the vein of 0

We can always dream! :D

Any idea how the series sold on PC ?
I'm really hoping they port Judgement (and FFVIIR)
I can't speak for specific sales or Judgement (tho I suspect it's coming to PC after some timed Stadia exclusivity, as silly as that sounds), but FFVIIR pt. 1 was recently leaked on Epic Game Store database.

If you're really desperate for a sales ballpark of sorts, you can always check steamdb. Pretty sure these kinds of trackers are never super accurate, but they have 7 sales pegged crazy high here if you want to believe.
Yakuza 0 sales were also extremely strong on PC and we know that for a fact simply because Sega themselves commented as much, but that was a few years back now.

I'm not at all saying that they took my suggestions (lol) but on Gfaqs, on the boards for the most-recent title in the series at whatever time (5, then Ishin!, then 0, etc.), this question came up frequently and I only ever suggested 3 things:

1. A RGG title from around WWII's end, to show how the country was being rebuilt from the atrocities and the bombs that were dropped, which would've coincided around the time of the Tojo Clan's beginnings (though this would mean no Kiryu, so that idea wouldn't fly), including a young Kazama, Shimano, Sera, etc.. We got a tiny, brief glimpse of that in 6, which I was OVER THE MOON about (as I wasn't expecting the Secret of Onomichi to be what it was :D), but of course, not an entire game centered around that plot point.

2. A RGG title with Kiryu as a teenager and to show his dynamic with the fellow orphans, as he grew up and began to emulate Kazama. As much as I give shit to 2, it was actually the flashback scenes that sparked this interest in me lol. Basically, we got this with 0, albeit Kiryu is a young adult and not a teenager anymore. There wasn't enough Yumi in 0 and from what I would've wanted, that would've been the main area to explore in an earlier-set game, as Nishikiyama would've been along for that ride as well (don't like him, never have, but they are connected quite-well, pre-1).

3. A RGG title where the plot revolved around all 3 of the major Southeast-Asian countries' respective mafias (Triads, Jingweon and Yakuza), as the Chinese were only ever a part of 1, 3 and not any other title (and even then, it was just Lau Ka Long and Hamazaki's dealings with Yokohama). We got this in spades with 6 and, of course, for 7, this was basically the entire backbone of the plot.

So I'm still gung ho over the Tojo Clan's origins, but other than that, the titles that have been released have satisfied what I want to see lol.

I've always said I want a 50's/60's RGG game. Something that takes us back to Kazama's younger days in the clan. Or just a 70s era game that takes a lot of inspiration from the Yakuza films of Kinji Fukasaku.

I'd love to see Kamurocho rendered in that era.

Moving forward, I really hope the studio stops locking some combat moves behind mini-game achievements. Or at least offer a way to just buy them using a ridiculous amount of in-game money. I hate baseball, and I’m tired of playing Kiwami 2’s bullshit-ass baseball mini-game just to earn some heat move that I’m probably never gonna use 😂

As I mentioned before my intention with this playthrough was to just focus on the story missions, I think I only did 1 side story throughout. Overall I loved the story! All the hooks were much more compelling than many previous games with the hunt for Haruto's father to the secret of the Onimichi. I was always eager to find out more.

However... ... I really didn't like the ending :screamcat:

I just had many conflicts with Kiryu's motivation. I know he's a very selfless, caring person but I feel with the letter he addressed to Diago that he recalls the regret of neglect and all the time he has missed with loved ones. So for him to walk away from everyone after that gut-punch of emotion just contradicted all of that. Also, the letter being addressed to Diago instead of Haruka in the 1st places was a little left field - Maybe part of this was because Diago was so absent in Yakuza 6 as a whole? I feel that this notion of staying a away for the benefit of others was already addressed in previous games and the joy of Haruka and Kiryu being reunited time and time again should really hint at the right path in life, I feel his direction to abandon them even with good intention once again wasn't the right way. Also, while I enjoyed the sotry, i never got a sense of closure from it nor did I feel it was the intention while playing it - it just felt like another Yakuza story - A great one at that!

Apart from the ending though I really do need to empathise that this was one of my favourite games in the series, the Dragon Engine delivered some splendid visuals and the cinematography in the cutscenes was dramatically improved - The moment where Kiryu busts Yuta through the front door had me a-gasp! But sadly the downside with the new engine was in-game when you turned the camera the motion blur was far too intense! I didn't even experience this with Judgment - Though I did find Kiwami & Y0 more crisp. It got to the point where I had to play the game in 1st person just to navigate the areas. This leads me to wanting a revision, a PS5 port which minimises the motion blue and jaggies, I'd happily purchase another copy for these upgrades.

Speaking of areas, the fishing village of of Hiroshima - Onimichi is by far my favourite location of the whole series! I loved clam nature it offered - despite it's secret underpinnings of course :p But found it fun to find all the stoned proverbs even before it became a story point. I loved how the northern half had more of a vertical slant and got a huge Shenmue Yamanose vibe. It was so rich in detail with the kindergarden school, docks and temples, it really seemed a pleasant place.

Combat was simpler but still fun. I have to admit I barely used the dragon mode (Probably no the right term, the mode with the blue aura). I found most of the time use the attacks after the dodge to be most helpful on single battles and in battles with multiple opponents grabbing one guy and swinging him around to hit others - Or the bike, ALWAYS THE BIKE! I loved how you could drink drinks from the vending machine - I did this before all story points for extra EXP. Also, I would end up having 40 cups of Blue Mountain at Cafe Alps to gain EXP for the Green an Purple abilities... like A LOT :coffee:

I set out to have a more story focused experience with Yakuza 6 and in doing so I didn't feel the fatigue I have with previous entries at times. It was a great experience from start to finish - almost! Easily one of the top tier entries in the series for me, I just hope we eventually see a PS5 port to improve the rough edges as the 1st title on the Dragon Engine.

yak6ps5mock.JPG

I will play Yakuza 7 later this year, pretty excited to as well, I like turn based combat so I'm sure I'll feel right at home, but for now I think I'll try a few other games in-between for a break.

I dont think there will be any Yakuza 6 PS5 version or update.
The PS5 updates started with the western release of Yakuza 7
and then they re released Judgment for next gen,
which makes sense because it was the first spin off game that was translated into more languages
than the older games.
They also didnt really do anything with the PC version of Y6, its basically the console version running on a PC.
If there would be any console upgrades i guess they would have announced that with the PC version.
So i think this Kiryu chapter is now closed with Y6, the the Kiwami games and the remaster package
being available everywhere. I wouldnt count on any other re release or upgrade.

One can hope :p

On the PS5 there is an Accessibility setting to reduce Motion Blur... I couldn't tell t he difference but then it may not affect PS4 games - Though it was installed on my SDD.

Did Xbox get a version of Y6? I wonder if that fared any different..

Hopped back into Yakuza 6 and Yakuza 3 on the PC. Doing one chapter at a time.

Chapter 4 on Yakuza 6 and Chapter 5 on Yakuza 3.

Both Y6 and Y3 are so damn complimentary of one another with the Hiroshima/Okinawa comparisons. Something about the small town settings of each that still appeals to me the most. Also, playing Y3 on Hard. The combat isn't too bad once you get used to it. Yes, the AI is VERY block heavy, but I kind of like the challenge as opposed to the brain dead normal setting of these games.

I still think Y3 might be my favorite of the series, that orphanage stuff still gets me.

Last edited:
As I mentioned before my intention with this playthrough was to just focus on the story missions, I think I only did 1 side story throughout. Overall I loved the story! All the hooks were much more compelling than many previous games with the hunt for Haruto's father to the secret of the Onimichi. I was always eager to find out more.

However... ... I really didn't like the ending :screamcat:

I just had many conflicts with Kiryu's motivation. I know he's a very selfless, caring person but I feel with the letter he addressed to Diago that he recalls the regret of neglect and all the time he has missed with loved ones. So for him to walk away from everyone after that gut-punch of emotion just contradicted all of that. Also, the letter being addressed to Diago instead of Haruka in the 1st places was a little left field - Maybe part of this was because Diago was so absent in Yakuza 6 as a whole? I feel that this notion of staying a away for the benefit of others was already addressed in previous games and the joy of Haruka and Kiryu being reunited time and time again should really hint at the right path in life, I feel his direction to abandon them even with good intention once again wasn't the right way. Also, while I enjoyed the sotry, i never got a sense of closure from it nor did I feel it was the intention while playing it - it just felt like another Yakuza story - A great one at that!

Apart from the ending though I really do need to empathise that this was one of my favourite games in the series, the Dragon Engine delivered some splendid visuals and the cinematography in the cutscenes was dramatically improved - The moment where Kiryu busts Yuta through the front door had me a-gasp! But sadly the downside with the new engine was in-game when you turned the camera the motion blur was far too intense! I didn't even experience this with Judgment - Though I did find Kiwami & Y0 more crisp. It got to the point where I had to play the game in 1st person just to navigate the areas. This leads me to wanting a revision, a PS5 port which minimises the motion blue and jaggies, I'd happily purchase another copy for these upgrades.

Speaking of areas, the fishing village of of Hiroshima - Onimichi is by far my favourite location of the whole series! I loved clam nature it offered - despite it's secret underpinnings of course :p But found it fun to find all the stoned proverbs even before it became a story point. I loved how the northern half had more of a vertical slant and got a huge Shenmue Yamanose vibe. It was so rich in detail with the kindergarden school, docks and temples, it really seemed a pleasant place.

Combat was simpler but still fun. I have to admit I barely used the dragon mode (Probably no the right term, the mode with the blue aura). I found most of the time use the attacks after the dodge to be most helpful on single battles and in battles with multiple opponents grabbing one guy and swinging him around to hit others - Or the bike, ALWAYS THE BIKE! I loved how you could drink drinks from the vending machine - I did this before all story points for extra EXP. Also, I would end up having 40 cups of Blue Mountain at Cafe Alps to gain EXP for the Green an Purple abilities... like A LOT :coffee:

I set out to have a more story focused experience with Yakuza 6 and in doing so I didn't feel the fatigue I have with previous entries at times. It was a great experience from start to finish - almost! Easily one of the top tier entries in the series for me, I just hope we eventually see a PS5 port to improve the rough edges as the 1st title on the Dragon Engine.

View attachment 12134

I will play Yakuza 7 later this year, pretty excited to as well, I like turn based combat so I'm sure I'll feel right at home, but for now I think I'll try a few other games in-between for a break.

He has come to the realization that him hanging around has brought nothing but pain and misery to all those he loves and holds dear; with Haruto being an infant, he doesn't want him to experience any part of that growing up. By leaving everyone, Haruka and the kids can raise Haruto to be free of any looming Yakuza or criminal issues.

There's a saying in North America (possibly elsewhere in the world) that goes, "Some people come into your life for a reason and some, only for a season."

I hate that quote but it can ring true in many ways lol. I feel that Kiryu being in everyone's lives is the, "season," bit; he brought Haruka out of the sadness of not knowing her mother and was able to start a new life with her. Once she was old-enough, Kiryu's, "season," was up and it was time for her to move on, strike off on her own; his decision at the end of 6, makes sense for this. Daigo as well; Kiryu hanging around (but not really hanging around, as he mentioned) did more harm than good, as he was always a target and Daigo got involved in many situations that would've turned out ok, had Kiryu not been around (or, if he had been around MORE, as he mentioned lol). Time for his, "season," to end with Daigo as well.

7 will shed a bit more light on this though, so when you play it, you'll see ;).

I'm glad you enjoyed the game though; it really is one of the better titles in the entire series and deserves the praise it gets, while the negativity isn't really apt (some things are, but not nearly as many as what people say).

He has come to the realization that him hanging around has brought nothing but pain and misery to all those he loves and holds dear
Yesssss mate but come on this is not real life this is fiction gimme some fan service and lets just be fucking happy in Morning Glory :crying: :LOL:

Did anyone already post this? Forgive me if it already has been posted but for vinyl lovers out there, Yakuza 0's soundtrack is getting a vinyl release from Laced Records.

I only just found out about this after putting an order down on site today for the Tekken Tag Tournament vinyl they released.

There was also a 6 LP set of the Yakuza 0 Soundtrack but its sold out already.

Now for my own personal plea...can someone put the Virtua Fighter 2 soundtrack on Vinyl? I'll be your best friend... ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to be a quality-snob, but NONE of the tunes from 0 would fit on vinyl at all, as each tune is crisp and clear and muddiness would make them sound crappy.

Debt Cleanup, La-Di-Da, Trouble Shooting Star and Reign, for instance, need to be heard in lossless or another Hi-Fi format, to get the most out of them.

MAYBE Money Makes Money and Unrestful would be good...

First listen, was a bit, "meh," on it. Watched it two more times and I don't love the song, but I'm digging it indeed; decent guitar throughout. Many think the singer (not in this video, in others, they've expressed the opinion) is able to modify her voice to sound vibrate-y like in the song and crack her sound herself, but it sounds completely like autotuned/effects (I may be 100% wrong on this).

I did find another song by the artist and singer and it has a FANTASTIC beat and a chill groove; quite catchy (called Shinkabanese) and from what I can tell, it is their biggest song together.

Thus far, it is my least-favourite of all the games' themes, but I probably need to hear the whole song first and it may grow on me.

In case anyone is curious:

Main Theme Favourites:

Bubble- Shonan no Kaze (0)
Sobo- Tatsuro Yamashita (6)
Ichibanka- Shonan no Kaze (7)
Born to be Wild- Shonan no Kaze (Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen)
Receive You- Makotch (it says) (1)
Muppet- Rize (Kurohyo: Shinso)
Arpeggio- Alexandros (Judge Eyes)
As a Man, as a Brother- Makotch (it says) (2)
Bleed- Koshi Inaba (Kiwami)
Bloody Moon- Gospels of Judas (5)
Bushido- Zeebra (Kenzan!)
Butterfly City- Zeebra (ft. Mummy D and Ryo the Skywalker) (4)
A- SiM (Kiwami 2)
Loser- Eikichi Yazawa (3)
Clock Strikes- One ok Rock (Ishin!)

SnK just puts out monsters for every song, they are all incredible and fit the game/game's themes so well. I don't dislike any of these tunes, but they are in order of preference.

Dead Souls has Start of the End (which would be above Bloody Moon, if I included it above) or, "Mutation," though I'm not sure if it is just a track in-game or the main theme (as I've never played the JP version, I don't know and can't see on YT right now).

This theme, so far, would be bottom 3 for sure, but as I said, I need to hear more of it, IMO.

Back