~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

I am also not believing in the status of gaming companies. In the 90s the status meant something but in the last decade or 2 the status become irrelevant gaming companies have become unpredictable . Good reputation of a studio does not mean good games automatically.

You have to judge every game on it's own and forget the name of the studio.

And I am not dismissing the critics @mjqjazzbar . But we have to frank here. The whole cyperpunkt situation is a trojan hourse to make gaming even worse than it already is. Hard to believe that is evening possible. But i investors get the power to bring a studio down (we are talking about greedy old dudes that did not care about gaming at all) gaming will change.

Games will take even longer to develop then they take now. Game developers will take even less risks then they are doing now and games won't evolve and become even more boring and predictable.

Sure in a perfect world, the Cyberpunk Situation will teach devs to be more careful and games get better. But we are not in perfect world. Gaming is just about money. Not about passion and money it was in the past. Gaming is influenced by to many people that do not care about games to evolve at all.

The Cyberpunk Situation could give these people even more power then they have already.

So lets just hope CD Project Red can improve the game as fast as possible so takeover of these people can prevented.

Hi bros!

So, after 120h plus on the world of Cyberpunk 2077, and completing the main story line, all the side stories and practically 100% the game, I feel like I have a good amount of experience to talk about the game fairly.
Keep in mind, all my gameplay was on the PS4 PRO.

Graphics / Performance

Let's address the elephant on the room right away. The graphics and performance.

Let me just say, the game can look amazing and bad at different times. Cutscenes, and main characters look impressive and detailed, facial expressions look fantastic and never detract from the interactions in my experience.
The amount of detail in the city in something to be hold. Almost every street you look is dripping in detail, the amount of geometry around is nothing short of incredible, as well as the object placement in general. You can definitely tell, that A TON of work was put into this city. It really feels like a next-gen game in that department.

The performance, oh boy, where do I start...
First, there are two big main differences regarding performance in my experience, indoor locations and the outdoors (city exploration).

I feel confident in saying that the performance is mainly stable during indoor gameplay. It's 30 fFPS if I recall correctly with some drops here and there, when there's more stuff happening on the screen, but mostly stable in my experience.
But that's not the case when your riding your car or motorcycle around Night City. And you don't need a framerate app or counter, to show you that the game struggles A LOT to keep things stable. When the framerate isn't just bad, the game feels like it's going to break somehow, lol! I would say that sometimes, it drops to the 10's, and even freezes for a while at some points, you can really tell the game trying to keep up but it can't. Loading textures right in front of you, resulting in some hilarious scenes! LOL
Just to conclude the graphic/performance topic, let me just say the in spite of bad performance and graphical glitches, The city is amazing to look at, there is a density in Night City that I have never seen in any open world game to date, and even in more linear games you can't really come with something quite like this. It has to be experienced to be believed.
And even with no RTX, the game can look great at times.

Also, since I play on the PS pro, remember that the resolution is mediocre at best, with a ton of grain in the textures, and blur all around the world. And that to me is the worst aspect of it, makes you think the problem here, is mainly bad optimization or no optimization at all, since we've seen games look way better on the ps4. Maybe with less detail, yes, but still, I'm certain to believe that a much better experience can be achieved on the PS4 PRO.
If you're looking for the best graphical Cyberpunk 2077 experience go with PC if you have a powerfull one. An obvious no brainer here.

Gameplay / Progression

As probably most of you know, Cyberpunk 2077 is not your typical GTA copycat type of game. Not at all.
Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG. And in my opinion is a really good one!
The amount of different ways in wich you can play is considerably big. You can build your character to be a strong street brawler that kills an enemy with a single punch.

You can be a master crafter, that can upgrade every weapon it finds in the world and create the best mods and attachment for them.

You can be a "netrunner" (wich basically means a hacker) wich can detonate enemy grenades in their own hands without being seen. You can reboot their optics granting you some time in wich the enemy will not see you. You can give them Short circuits, and the more cyberware the enemy has the more it will affect him. You can burn them at distance. And my favourite of them all, you can induce suicide in them! That one feels great, you will just stand in the shadows and see them throw their rifle to the ground, grab a pistol, and blow their brains out hahaha!
You can build a character that basically is a badass with guns. From handguns, to rifles and blades like knifes or katanas.
You will unlock perks that Reduce the reload time, the recoil, and make you deal insane amount of damage.
That type of character build will also be good at using weapons that shot bullets that track enemies, and weapons that penetrate walls and all kinds of cover.
You can also build your character to be a stealth master, moving faster and faster without being seen, and incapacitate every single enemy without raising the alert status. Many abilities you can unlock are super cool, like throwing knives, shot bullets than make enemies burn on fire, etc etc...

Each of the 5 main attributes you can level up, has dozens and dozens of perc points you can unlock. Those perc points are super awesome to explore and discover qhat they do.

The gunplay feels really clunky in the beginning, when your not good at weapons, so that makes sense. As you move forward, the gunplay becomes much more brutal, intuitive and rewarding! It can even become addicting to blast those Maelstrom gangs in the head with OP shotguns, leaving the without heads haha.
Some weapons feel incredibly powerfull. You will feel like a fucking terminator some times!!
Also to note, the gun variety is 10 out of 10 for me. Many types of guns, with many types of skins. Guns can be upgraded, attached with mods and you can chose the scope and apply silencers to most of them!

The driving mechanics are honestly mediocre. I'm a gran Turismo player, I'm used to super responsive and realistic driving physics. And those things are not at all in Cyberpunk.
The physics are not that bad, they are actually fun, but the way in wich the cars behave doesn't do it for me.
It's playable? Yes. Gets the job done? Yes. Its fun? Maybe if you like to crash all the time, or go super slow. Sometimes you barely hit the analog stick, and the car does a 180 spin! LOL

That said, its always good to remember this is an RPG and not a driving game. So its more forgivable in my opinion. Wont judge this game for it's driving. No way.
This might actually be a good starting point for future CDPR games with driving!!

Also worth noting, is the city exploration while on foot. That can be very fun, as your character, V, grabs almost every ledge.
If you happen to have the double jump implant, you're in for some really cool exploration gameplay!

Another cool and important aspect to note in the gameplay/progression section is the cyberware.
You can upgrade your character with some crazy cyberware that will further expand what V can do.
You can have a charge jump, a double jump, gorilla arms wich blow off enemies with punches and open some closed doors, you can have your eyes changed to optics wich allow you to scan the environment and zoom on things.
You can also have mantis blades with are basically two giant blades coming out of your arms. And much much more.
A very decent amount of variety here also, as every cyberwere implant also has different rarities and even mods that can be applied to them!

To conclude, the actual gameplay and progression is the strongest part of this game, apart of the story wich I will talk about next.
To me the RPG aspect of this game is very fleshed out. To some more hardcore gamers, it might not be. I don't know that.
But from my game time and experience, the amount of stuff you can do in that department is crazy. It can even be overwhelming at first. Expect a BIG learning curve if you're like me, and RPG are not exactly the games you play more, these days.

Also to note, some dialogue options only open up to you, if you have a certain level in a given attribute.
For example, if you have a good level on Technical Ability or in Body, you might be able to get out of certain situations or intimidate enemies, and resolve the situation without having to throw fists or bullets into the air.
That to me is a fantastic system. I wish it could pop in more often, as this options come here and there, but not that often as you would like.

Story / Characters (spoiler free)

Here is where the game really shines for me, in spite of some drawbacks wich I will get into further in this section.
The story of this game and its characters are just incredible! Cutscenes, together with the dialogue options make some fantastic scenes roll out in front of your eyes.

V is very well acted, and most of the characters in the game are very well acted.
The various scenes and conversations this game presents you with, are super well made. Some scenes will suck you into the screen!
Characters feel extremely well grounded into the game world. The game never over explain things to you (like MGS for example), Night City has their own street language. The writing is phenomenal.

I read some things about big chunks of the story being cut out of the game, and changed, because CDPR managed to hire Keanu Reeves for the Johnny Silverhand role, and while that might be true, the main story we got is still fantastic in my opinion.

Every cutscene and dialogue option of the main storyline, feels like it's shaping V's destiny and the course of things.
You can either have a good relationship with Johnny or chose to ignore him and never consider his suggestions ,along the good number of quests he decides to appear in.
It's a fantastic story, exciting, deep and convincing.

That being said, i can't help but think they could easily take things to an even higher level. For example with Jackie. Jackie is such a likeable character! I hear almost every single person who played the game, say that same thing "Jackie is awesome". You relate to him really well as he never hides his biggest dream in life, to become a legend in Night City!
Unfortunately, Jackie doesn't stay longer with us (this shouldn't be a spoiler by now), and that sucks. All we have is 3 or 4 missions with him.
They gave us a cutscene showing all the crazy stuff V and Jackie went through in the first 6 months of their friendship and looks awesome. But how about letting us play all that?!

It's just a wasted opportunity in my opinion.

It's also worth nothing that the main story is on the short side. If you decide to go straight ahead and only finish the main missions, you will finish the game in less than 20 hours.
Although you'll loose much of the game's meat, as the side stories ans quests are amazingly detailed and well constructed.
They really feel like main missions, and they are ENTIRELY OPTIONAL! That's crazy to me!
A better link between some of those different story quests could help the game feel even more convincing in terms of gameplay. But as is with real life, you can chose to help a friend in need, or ignore it LOL so it's realistic in that aspect I assume.

Character Customisation

Like in almost every RPG game, in Cyberpunk you have access to a character creation menu. The menu is good but not that good. Many players feel that it is quite shallow, and I share the same opinion. All you have are preset faces and elements with no habbility to change them whatsoever.
Things like eye placement and size, mouth and nose size sliders are not here. Instead, we have 2 models of penises to chose from. Yes, you read that right LOL
It has absolutely no impact on the game as far as I can tell, but CDPR probably put that there to please the most juvenile gamers among us LOL.

It's still baffling to me that once you're in the game, you can no longer change nothing about your character besides the cyberwhare and clothing.
No hair change, no chrome change, no nothing. Once you press the button to start the game, your character appearance is written in stone.
What you can change, however is V's clothes. And thats what I want to get into right now.

There is a huge amount of different clothes in Cyberpunk, jackets, shirts, pants shoes and hats. (Why do all the hats look bad?!).
And while all that variety is great, I fell that, like me, you will be choosing your clothing by their armor points not their looks. And lets just say that, most of the time, the cool looking clothes aren't necessarily the better in terms of Armor.
So, specially in the beginning of the game, your V will look just bad. With some worn out, ugly Maelstroom shirt that happens to have 100+ Armor. LOL
Fortunately latter in the game you get some cool items with decent armor attributes, like the Johnny Silverhand's Jacket replica and items alike.
Youtube is also your friend. If you want, there are youtube videos that show specific spawn locations for legendary clothes who look cool (some cooler than others) and have a good armor attribute.
Once I found the Corporate Legendary Suit , I was basically set. There was no more reason to change the clothing as anything cooler would lower my stats.

Game Economy and Crafting

This is another area I feel the game could have been much better.
Besides cars, money is not that important in this game if your really think about it.
Of course you can buy clothes, cyberware, weapons and stuff, but you'll find all of that stuff playing the game FOR FREE! And you will in fact find way better items than the ones you can buy on shops (minding good Cyberdecks and some other things) if you´re like me and explore every room you can in each mission looking for cool things.
It is still useful to have money of course, don't get me wrong, but not as it might seem at first glance. Unless you want to buy all the cars like I did, or buy crafting materials to keep upgrading your weapons at all times.
I still liked the crafting part. You can disassemble pretty much every piece of junk you can find and turn them into materials for crafting or upgrade weapons, so nothing is wasted!
So what I mean is, with no recreational activities in this world, no mini-games or houses to buy or upgrade, money basically serves to improve your character with better weapons, clothing and cyberware, and all of those can be found in the game for free.

Bugs and Glitches

Of course, a review of Cyberpunk 2077 could not be finished without a mentioning the absolute crazy amount of bugs you will encounter in the game!
Some are hilarious, some will just leave you speechless and some will just crash your game! LOL
I'm not very picky when it comes to bugs, but I do notice them, and in Cyberpunk 2077 they are simply too many to be ignored. For numerous times I had to wait for the game to load textures and game objects to keep playing. That is specially so, when you ride at high speeds in your car as the game struggles to keep with your pace. You'll see characters not loading up, doors not showing, and big portions of map textures, not loading appropriately as well.
Notable mention to the vehicle spawn system who give some of the funniest bugs I have ever seen!
The games already had 3 or 4 hotfixes, correcting some of the bugs that prevent you from progressing in the story. The game had some bugs that would prevent you from progressing in the story when it launched! Crazy!
If you're really picky about this stuff, I would advise you to wait 1 or 2 months. Seems like CDPR will be releasing 2 big patches addressing all these problem and improve things like the police AI wich is really really broken, and sometimes completely not working.

Cut Content

Although this game will occupy you more than 100 to fully complete it, I can't help but think this game suffered from a big rush in development. Everyone agrees on that!
Not only because of the bugs but because of what CDPR made us think this game was going to be during the promotional campaign. Sometimes you can really feel there were cut corners all around even the game being this big!Vehicle customisation for example, you'll see many auto-shops fully created inside and out, without you be able to do anything in them.
You'll see metro/train stations around Night City, but you can't enter them as well
Besides de Execs and the Devs, nobody really knows what the hell happened inside CDPR studios in the final development phase of this game, but the feeling that Cyberpunk 2077 was made to be a much bigger game will be visiting you many times during gameplay.

Conclusion/Final thoughts

Even with all it's flaws and bugs, if you're a gamer and like RPGs or you just happen to like open world games, you shouldn't skip this one. AT ALL.
Cyberpunk's Night City, its characters and lore , more than compensate the various unfinished aspects of the game.
You'll find yourself immersed in that world, wondering wtf is going to happen next in the story.
The main plot will grab you! If you're like me, you will not rest until you'll see the ending! And by the way, there are at least 7 possible endings! haha! So expect to make some hard choices in the final act of the game!
I know I didn't touch in the sound department, but rest assured, some great tunes make this world come to life. The combat music is supper heavy and tension filled and the Samurai band has some great rock hits! I Can't comment to much on the radio stations as I lowered the audio to pay more attention to the world sounds and stuff. I'm weird I know.

So just to finish, you should play this game for sure!! Specially if you're on PC, where the game as a better performance as well as much better visuals all around. If you mind the bugs and you think they would ruin the experience for you, wait for some time and jump into it after the patches.

The story, characters and exploration make this a must play even with all the buguinness!
Keep in mind that while some of the many systems in this game are imperfect, most games don't even have them!
9 out of 10 for me.

One can only dream what this game could have been had CDPR had the balls to delay the game one more year.
Its still a massive game wich deserves your time.

Thanks for reading chooms! ;)

The story it's cool, good characters, immersive world, you shouldnt skip it at all. A friend showed me at his place how was in 4k 60fps 40' and was amazing.

Cyberpunk 2077 is the game that made me find Shenmue. 2077 really disappointed me, I haven't seen such a dead open world for a long time, NPCs just walk around and nothing more. Your conversations have no effect on the story and it hasn't changed until today, the city is dead. One day I was browsing different forums and saw a comparison between Shenmue and Cyberpunk 2077. I bought Shenmue on steam, so I became a fan of Shenmue and a person who doesn't like Cyberpunk 2077.

Beware of text wall.

This thread starts out so optimistic. It's the perfect comical microcosm of Earth's collective disappointment with CDPR's surprise release day twist that Cyberpunk wasn't an open world RP sim at all. The main story is cool, better if optional. We all wanted a cyberpunk Skyrim, and they were like, "Yeah, yeah, that's what this is!" Nope. Hard nope. That said, not only does the dream for a real cyberpunk Skyrim live to be hyped another day, I still play this steaming pile almost every day because it's actually quite fun and beautiful after all. Fact is, my main problem with CP77 is its plot and narrative style. Its rancid sarcasm and over the top cynicism. I go on virtual adventures to live in better worlds for a while. I don't willingly jack into a sadomasochostic Matrix in order to be made to feel constant moral outrage over the sins of a nonexisting reality. There was no analogy whatsoever to my daily life. I don't know what they were thinking, unless Poland in general is so much like Night City that the devs can't understand why I can't understand a single relevant or universal thing in the story, except the embedded original attack on Arasaka Tower from the tabletop RPG. All CP77 had to be was a story about good guys vs bad guys in a futuristic world worth fighting for, and the good guys win. Jackie and the ghost concept were awesome. But after that, they just... do nothing. Yay, I get to wander around a sickeningly corrupt city with no hope. Ok, I guess that sounds like how I want to spend my precious free time?? There was nothing pleasing or sophisticated about forcing me along a linear path of destruction for no reason whatsoever in order to make zero impact in an irredeemably crappy world. Literally, the only way such over the top negativity works is in the context of satire like Robocop, but CC77 is utterly devoid of humor. It's deadly serious the entire time. I can even detect the seams where they perhaps intended comedy to seep through if players really really try, but nothing came out of me. I almost smiled when they referenced Saints Row 2 once. Almost. Moreover, I'm 100% sure people were envisioning an open world Blade Runner, not Total Recall, but I digress. We got no flying cars or Mars, so no redeeming qualities there either. But again, evidently there's something about it, buried deep beneath all this depression and ugliness, that I keep going back to every week for an hour or so. It's the sense of what the game isn't but could've been as I explore this vast empty framework that nonetheless succeeds in fueling my imagination.

tl;dr The best cyberpunk game ever is still Hardwar.

Last edited:
Back