Ryo’s Guide to Japanese (a new Instagram fan page)

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Tekken 7 (always Tekken 7)
PSN
danmann861
Steam
danielmann861
F9F48B8C-A6C1-4B5E-9D1F-0F2B40597C91.png

Well, this is new then. I’ve noticed that some in this community are fascinated with Japanese. I myself have studied and loved the language for 8 years now. So a thought occurred! Why not put it to some use. So I have created a new Shenmue fan page over on Instagram called ”Ryo’s Guide to Japanese”

What is it, you ask? Well, the plan is to give micro Japanese lessons and tips through the lens of Shenmue. We will also take a page out of @Switch playbook and throw up some translation comparisons. And we will also answer any questions you may have to the best of our knowledge.

Don‘t know a lick of Japanese and feel intimidated? Don’t be! We plan to offer lessons for beginners to pros. I can’t guarantee you a full extensive knowledge in Japanese but I do hope people can pick up a few things and I hope it maybe encourages people to learn some Japanese. Because it really is a fun language to learn.

So if you have the time. Check us out over at Instagram under “Ryo’s Guide to Japanese.”

頑張って、みんなさん

Congratulations on the launch!

(You might be able to turn that image into a link to the page?)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the launch!

(You might be able to turn that image into a link to the page?)

I didn't make it a linkable to be honest. Thanks a lot :) We'll see how it pans out and if there is any interest in it. I kind of just wanted to do something different to other Shenmue fan pages out there and if this is a way to part some Japanese knowledge on people then great. We'll see how we go and see if people are receptive to it.

Awesome work Daniel. That's a brilliant idea
Thanks very much...we'll see how it plays out.

Next frontier is video...which I've been capturing and trying to figure out what to do with in Premiere to make interesting or insightful.

I figure short bite sized stuff is great as to not overwhelm people. I can't guarantee anyone will get a coprehensive knowledge of the language, but I hope it maybe encourages someone to go and learn from it. That would be my only hope from it.

timeline.png

Well I took a stab at making a breakdown video....it's now live on both the Twitter and Instagram account. Never done this before so there will probably be kinks to work out as to how best to do it (and maybe even animate stuff one day if I figure it out in premiere.

Back