Ryo doesn't have any chance in hell of beating Lan Di, right?

What tidbits are in the games to suggest that Lan Di is the greatest fighter on the planet? Forgot if this is something that was mentioned in the game or just inferred.
It's never stated that he's stronger than any of the other Chi You men afaik, but Xiuying seems to think Lan Di is stronger than herself. I got the impression the game intended to portray Xiuying as the strongest person Ryo has fought yet considering
  • she casually beat the shit out of Dou Niu, and
  • Ryo was never able to touch her even after learning the super sekrit leaf catching technique.

Ryo is not even close to being able to fight Lan Di in battle at this point even with the new found training he is going to get, and if he does beat him, he is going to have to dig in deep just like he did against Dou Niu, but the fight won't even last long enough for him to get the chance to do so. This meeting he will have will not turn out well for him. It will be cool if we do get a fight against Lan Di, but unwinnable as in his health doesn't go down when you mange to somehow get in a hit on him, but I'm not counting on that at this point.

My biggest concern for him are the other Chiyoumen like Niao Sun. He is going to have his hands more than full.

Lan-Di took out Ryo with little effort and did the same with his father an experienced warrior. Ryo couldn’t even land a blow against Xiuying who supposedly is weaker than Lan-Di even when he was giving it his all. What makes this confrontation interesting is figuring out what’s going to happen. Or more specifically how is Yu Suzuki going to resolve their conflict.

In hindsight, maybe they should have depicted it as more of a balanced battle between Lan Di and Iwao Hazuki. As it is, it seems impossible to imagine anyone challenging Lan Di if he's got a one-strike lethal move available.

And that’s not even taking into consideration that he may have even more lethal techniques at his disposal. After all according to Shenmue lore the Tiger Swallow Style was banned for a reason.

Unfortunately, people here don't seem to understand that you can become very good very quickly in martial arts. Let's not forget that he has been training with highly skilled masters in China teaching him the secrets. It's all about the quality of the training not the quantity.

Unfortunately, people here don't seem to understand that you can become very good very quickly in martial arts. Let's not forget that he has been training with highly skilled masters in China teaching him the secrets. It's all about the quality of the training not the quantity.

Really? I'm not involved in martial arts, but I've never had the impression that someone can become very good very quickly. Maybe in the sense of the one-in-a-million virtuoso in any field, like a child prodigy pianist who is writing a concerto at age 8 or something. For the vast majority of people you're looking at years of training ahead of you to master an artform, and if that seems daunting, the only question is would you rather spend those years making slow and steady progress toward that mastery, or spend those years not making any progress because it's too daunting?

Really? I'm not involved in martial arts, but I've never had the impression that someone can become very good very quickly. Maybe in the sense of the one-in-a-million virtuoso in any field, like a child prodigy pianist who is writing a concerto at age 8 or something. For the vast majority of people you're looking at years of training ahead of you to master an artform, and if that seems daunting, the only question is would you rather spend those years making slow and steady progress toward that mastery, or spend those years not making any progress because it's too daunting?
Not true. Martial arts is about body mechanics, so you have to analyse how you can become skilled. That's why a lot of people are terrible in martial arts. They mindlessly follow the "muscle memory" approach and to be honest, it's a very inefficient and ineffective way of training. If you have highly skilled martial artists teaching you (like Ryo does) it will accelerate the improvement.

Back