Ryo & Lan Di appearances

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
These are some ideas I'd like to see happen with Ryo & Lan Di. I think it goes without saying if Sega were to ever make another Virtua Fighter, Ryo and Lan Di would be great for that franchise. I also wouldn't mind seeing them in Tekken. This last one is a stretch but if Ryo were to make a appearance in Super Smash Bros that would be dope. What do you guys and gals think? Any games you would like to see them appear in?

Certainly Virtua Fighter. That would be a nice nod to Shenmues origins.

Maybe Ryo in Yakuza?

Realistically I could only see Shenmue spinning off with Yakuza, but such a short amount of Shenmue's story actually happens in Japan that I'm not sure how it would fit...

Other than that, the usual crossover games would fit. Definitely not Tekken or Smash since there's zero relevance there but VF, Sega Racing again, and similar stuff like that. I'd love a new Sonic Shuffle except actually made well and fun to play. Make it SEGA shuffle instead and include Ryo... that'd be so sick...

Last edited:
Realistically I could only see Shenmue spinning off with Yakuza, but such a short amount of Shenmue's story actually happens in Japan that I'm not sure how it would fit...

Other than that, the usual crossover games would fit. Definitely not Tekken or Smash since there's zero relevance there but VF, Sega Racing again, and similar stuff like that. I'd love a new Sonic Shuffle except actually made well and fun to play. Make it SEGA shuffle instead and include Ryo... that'd be so sick...

The thing about Smash Bros is it doesnt have to make sense. There's lots of characters from other franchises that appear. Ryu, Soild Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta, Mega Man, Sonic, etc.

The thing about Smash Bros is it doesnt have to make sense. There's lots of characters from other franchises that appear. Ryu, Soild Snake, Cloud, Bayonetta, Mega Man, Sonic, etc.
It does make sense as they're all characters that appeared on Nintendo consoles at some point... Shenmue has never been on a Nintendo console... Although technically Ryo has been on a Nintendo console via Sonic Racing??? I could be wrong about that, but that's still very obscure...

Would Ryo fit into the mature world of Yakuza?
Absolutely, he's a strong civilian with a heart of gold, not exactly a new concept for Yakuza. There's even yakuza chilling in Negai Industries on Dobuita street... And I'm not sure of the politics of the Chinese Mafia but Lan Di just may fit in with the Triads that Kiryu often tangles with...

Yeah, Yakuza seems appropriate. Could be pretty interesting too, seeing Kiryu (or Majima) interacting with Ryo.

Ren and Joy would fit right in there too.

I've wanted a Shenmue x Yakuza type game for years! Or Yakuza x Shenmue, but either/or. Building a Yakuza side story game with Ryo would be easier, cooler and more reasonable/believable than shoving Kazuma into a Shenmue engine. Maybe set between Yakuza 0 and Y2.

Certainly Virtua Fighter. That would be a nice nod to Shenmues origins.

Maybe Ryo in Yakuza?

It's not going to happen, but better than VF a Fighters Megamix 2 with Ryo, Lan Di and the Yakuza dudes as playable characters would be a dream.

Back