Sakura Wars franchise/news/merchs

Another entry in the series or a Port of the old games would be more than welcome .I would buy all of them on the spot. Even the first game although I have it already as English patched Version for Saturn.

Finally got around to playing the new Sakura Wars Wars this week and I must say I have absolutely fallen in love with this franchise.

Love the characters, the soundtrack, the aathmosphere. Sega's steampunk version of early 1940s Tokyo is just gorgeous. If I was trying to nitpick, I'd say the combat isn't great, but the fighting system isn't bad by any means and I always have a lot of fun playing the combat scenes.

I'm in chapter 6 out of 8 so far and this game has been fantastic and captivating right from the get-go.

Finally got around to playing the new Sakura Wars Wars this week and I must say I have absolutely fallen in love with this franchise.

Love the characters, the soundtrack, the aathmosphere. Sega's steampunk version of early 1940s Tokyo is just gorgeous. If I was trying to nitpick, I'd say the combat isn't great, but the fighting system isn't bad by any means and I always have a lot of fun playing the combat scenes.

I'm in chapter 6 out of 8 so far and this game has been fantastic and captivating right from the get-go.
What timing. Apparently there's reason to believe something for the Sakura Wars series might be announced at TGS, just about 2 weeks from now. 👀

I REALLY wish I could play that new game on PC...

Fingers crossed. Honestly, I'd probably be just as excited for a new Sakura Wars as for S4, if not more than that.

Yes I would also be very exited if a new Sakura Wars game would be announced. Same goes fora re release of the first saturn and Dreamcast games.

But i doubt anything will happen at TGS. The new games seems to be another mobile game as stated in the link :(.

The new RPG seems to be a mobile game. That's pretty disappointing. https://sega-new-rpg.sega.jp

Still hoping for a new Sakura Wars.
I was initially watching the trailer thinking it was supposed to be tied into Sakura Taisen somehow, and got very confused by the details I could make out about the setting. Interesting premise to make something more like a p+p RPG, and the music on the landing page is gorgeous. I'm actually kind of intrigued by this.

It was surprising to me to see Shin Sakurai Taisen pop up out of the blue, and then the (RIP) mobile game, Sakura Kakumei. Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wildly off base, but I thought I remembered Shin Sakura Taisen not doing particularly well in terms of sales. If that's not just my memory acting up on me, I feel like the series is pretty at risk of going dormant again. I think it could be a bellwether for how determined Sega is in sticking to this 'change of heart,' and continuing to keep series going. Possibly another factor would be how much Hiroi Ouji wants to actually do another one.

I really enjoy the first four games in the series. Sakura Taisen 3 quickly became one of my all time favorite Dreamcast games after playing it a few years back. I don't mean to be a downer, but as fun as the series is, I don't really feel like it has much for legs, in terms of mass market appeal. Certainly not outside of Japan, anyway. Considering the cachet that the series does still have in Japan, I don't know that they could really get away with making more games in any sort of middle-market effort.

I guess my main point is that I would be kind of surprised if another Sakura Taisen game gets released outside of Japan.

I did not know that there was gameboy color game of Sakura wars as well. Now there is fan translation in the works that looks quite nice.

I never had a GBC just the classic gameboy so I am not sure if the graphics are considered good for GBC standards but I really like the art style of that game. Emulates the look of the Saturn game quite well considering the technical limitations of the hardware.

Bump.

Finally got around to playing this game, as I am always up to trying different SEGA franchises. I loved it! Captivating from the word go. Watched the anime, and would love to go into the older games as well. Did a bit of work in trying to find an English patch for any of the Dreamcast games, but to no avail, though I am sure SOMETHING exists somewhere.

Bump.

Finally got around to playing this game, as I am always up to trying different SEGA franchises. I loved it! Captivating from the word go. Watched the anime, and would love to go into the older games as well. Did a bit of work in trying to find an English patch for any of the Dreamcast games, but to no avail, though I am sure SOMETHING exists somewhere.
Someone just announced they're working on a translation patch for 3, actually.
I've read one person CLAIM you can play 3 without having played 2, but I'm not sure I'm convinced considering the main character is still the same one from the previous 2 games. Still super exciting, though! There's also Sakura Taisen Columns 2
There's a pre-patched iso on CDRomance, but I'm not sure what the policy on linking rom/iso sites here is.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of translation patch for 2 as well someday...

Someone just announced they're working on a translation patch for 3, actually.
I've read one person CLAIM you can play 3 without having played 2, but I'm not sure I'm convinced considering the main character is still the same one from the previous 2 games. Still super exciting, though! There's also Sakura Taisen Columns 2
There's a pre-patched iso on CDRomance, but I'm not sure what the policy on linking rom/iso sites here is.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of translation patch for 2 as well someday...
Yeah, I'd prefer to play those in order, but I will look into the Columns game! I believe it does have some LIPS gameplay, if I remember correctly from a retrospective I've watched.

@Dietsoap

That's awesome news. I've been abit out of the loop with fan-translation stuff didn't know that was in the works.

@24Nathan THe ps2/wii had a sakura taisen V fully localized for the west and it's pretty complete as a stand alone if you want to dive into it.
I may, if I ever delve into a PS2 or Wii, but who knows...would love a remaster/remake on modern hardware.

Back